• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need Liquor Help!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
My friend is getting us some liquor to celebrate a specific occasion together in a few days. We're planning to get drunk and have set up the place for it.

This is my first time having any alcoholic beverage except for beer, so I don't know how the three choices we have compare to each other. They are

1) Chivas Regal

2) Jack Daniel's

3) Hennessy.

Which would you recommend? And based on your experience, what should one expect from each of those three?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I would vote Jack Daniel's

But I'm just not the guy to be giving advice on this...

Honestly, getting drunk on hard liquor is different on my brain than beer or wine...

So, I simply don't recommend it.

It caused me to get arrested, get into fights, get injured, vomit, need surgery...

So, I hope you have a great time! I just can't touch the stuff...

Good luck to you! :)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
1) Is a blended scotch. It will be a bit smoother because of the blend.

2) Jack Daniels has a collection of different whiskeys. The typical one is not much to my liking (I prefer other bourbons), but will definitely get you drunk.

3) This is a brandy. It will be sweeter, but with a bit of fire also. The sweetness makes it something I'd prefer not to drink in excess (if I was inclined to drink in excess).

Of these three, I would go for the Chivas. But this is a matter of taste. The only way to learn is by doing.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
My friend is getting us some liquor to celebrate a specific occasion together in a few days. We're planning to get drunk and have set up the place for it.

This is my first time having any alcoholic beverage except for beer, so I don't know how the three choices we have compare to each other. They are

1) Chivas Regal

2) Jack Daniel's

3) Hennessy.

Which would you recommend? And based on your experience, what should one expect from each of those three?
Are you planning to just drink straight liquor or mix it?

Of those 3, Jack Daniels is the one that’s most commonly used as the liquor in mixed drinks (e.g. Jack & Coke).

Shaul

Premium Member

2) Jack Daniels has a collection of different whiskeys. The typical one is not much to my liking (I prefer other bourbons), but will definitely get you drunk.

3) This is a brandy. It will be sweeter, but with a bit of fire also. The sweetness makes it something I'd prefer not to drink in excess (if I was inclined to drink in excess).

Of these three, I would go for the Chivas. But this is a matter of taste. The only way to learn is by doing.
IS JACK DANIEL'S A BOURBON?
Jack Daniel's is not a bourbon - it's a Tennessee Whiskey. Jack Daniel's is dripped slowly - drop-by-drop - through ten feet of firmly packed charcoal (made from hard sugar maple) before going into new charred oak barrels for maturing. This special process gives Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey its rare smoothness. It's this extra step - charcoal mellowing – that makes Jack Daniel's a Tennessee Whiskey. Take a look at our Process section for more information about how Jack Daniel’s is made.
FAQs

If you want bourbon, try Kentucky.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
IS JACK DANIEL'S A BOURBON?
Jack Daniel's is not a bourbon - it's a Tennessee Whiskey. Jack Daniel's is dripped slowly - drop-by-drop - through ten feet of firmly packed charcoal (made from hard sugar maple) before going into new charred oak barrels for maturing. This special process gives Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey its rare smoothness. It's this extra step - charcoal mellowing – that makes Jack Daniel's a Tennessee Whiskey. Take a look at our Process section for more information about how Jack Daniel’s is made.
FAQs

If you want bourbon, try Kentucky.

Agreed....I meant that I prefer bourbon....

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Thanks! Is the brandy so sweet that it could make you nauseous out of sheer sweetness if you drank it in excess?

Bob the Unbeliever

I guess it all depends on your goals.

If you wish to celebrate the Finer Things in Life? Go for a quality beverage, as mentioned above.

If you are simply wanting to get rip-roaring drunk? A good vodka will get the job done, and one of the nicer things about it, is that there's little else in there to affect your metabolism.

In truth, pure grain alcohol typically does not make for intense hang-overs (unless you let yourself get really dehydrated). It's the other ingredients that can linger for afters.

Another good thing about vodka? It's pretty tasteless all by itself, so you can add it to just about anything liquid on the planet, and it won't do much more than make said liquid-- alcoholic.

Which is why many promoters of vodka keep pushing …. stuff in there. Fruits. Flowers. Soaps? (wouldn't be surprised if there was a "cleansing vodka" out there, with Holistic Colon Cleansers added-- 'cause who doesn't want a good colon cleansing with your drunk? :p )

That was always my drink of choice-- I once added Coke, vodka, and lemon syrup. It tasted and was entirely indistinguishable from lemon-drop candy....

… alas, I was mostly drunk at the time, and I have no clue what the ratios were.... :rolleyes:

Edit: I suppose I ought to make it clear: the coke in the above? Was the famous cola beverage, not that other substance that some folk enjoy stuffing up facial orifices. Never tried that, myself. I'm too much of a coward to take mind-altering substances, I guess.

Rational Agnostic

1) Chivas Regal

2) Jack Daniel's

3) Hennessy.

Try 100 proof Rumple Minze if you want to get blitzed. A word of caution though: If this is your first time getting drunk, be careful. Your tolerance will likely be low and it will take you less alcohol to experience unpleasant and dangerous side effects.

james blunt

1) Chivas Regal

2) Jack Daniel's

3) Hennessy.

I don't really drink , but when I drink, Jack Daniels and coke with ice is refreshing. My advice I will give though is liquors are not bloating on the belly so it easy to forget and start slamming shots until eventually you may fall over lol. Whatever you decide take your time , stop if you feel you are losing control, sober yourself up a bit then carry on lol.

I have done all day and all night sessions in the past with the ''lads'' , pacing yourself is the key .

Hint - Don't attempt a ltr on your own it is a strong affect.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Try 100 proof Rumple Minze if you want to get blitzed. A word of caution though: If this is your first time getting drunk, be careful. Your tolerance will likely be low and it will take you less alcohol to experience unpleasant and dangerous side effects.

It won't be my first time getting drunk; I already have an idea of my tolerance (and it's on the low side). Three 330 ml, 5% bottles of beer are enough to get me drunk or at least very tipsy.

I'm definitely planning to have the next drink in very controlled circumstances. I don't drink enough to get tipsy or drunk unless I can manage to have those.

Rational Agnostic

It won't be my first time getting drunk; I already have an idea of my tolerance (and it's on the low side). Three 330 ml, 5% bottles of beer are enough to get me drunk or at least very tipsy.

I'm definitely planning to have the next drink in very controlled circumstances. I don't drink enough to get tipsy or drunk unless I can manage to have those.

Yeah, liquor hits you much faster than beer though, although I'm sure you probably know that.

Bob the Unbeliever

Don't forget to put a bottle of water next to your bed, for first thing in the morning. Do it before you start your celebration, so it'll be ready for you in the morning. I say bottle of water, as it has a top, such that if you knock it over when you stumble into bed? It's not making a mess of things.... ;)

As ethanol is metabolized, it tends to cause your body to excrete water, more rapidly than you usually do, thus it's easy to get dehydrated. (can come out in your breathing, and as excess sweat, not just via the kidneys)

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle

1) Chivas Regal

2) Jack Daniel's

3) Hennessy.

none, get woodford reserve. hennesey is expensive for a name brand. jack and chivas are trash and burn your throat.

or get an aged single malt, Glenlivet comes to mind or a genfidditch(sp).

that is if you are drinking it neat, or add a spash of water to allow it to breath or one or 2 cubes of clear ice. best to serve inn a chilled glass with cold rocks IMO.

yeah I'm a snob.