• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need information from someone on Scientology Please

klj0211

I am a college student, I am currently taking a religions around the world course and my final is due soon. I am to write about a religion that I have always found interesting but do not know everything about. I chose Scientology and I am supposed to now ask someone questions about the religion...kind of an interview. If someone would be so kind to answer a few questions for me I would be so happy.

• Summarize the beliefs of the religion in one phrase.
  • What is the most common misconception about the religion?
  • What aspects of the religion are practiced in everyday life?
  • What brought you to this specific religion?
  • How are the sermons conducted?
  • Who was the founder of scientology?
  • How does this religion differ from others?
  • How is the religion the same as others?
  • Does the religion teach of a higher power? If so what or who?
  • What are the important holidays and traditions of this religion?
  • How has religion shaped your life?
  • What are the challenges, if any, to practicing this particular religion?
Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!

murdocsvan

There's a sticky in this topic which i think you'll find helpful.

Also i would be happy to answer your questions, but my own personal opinion is not that great of Scientology, so your not going to get an unbiased view from me lol.

Oh, and the founder is L. Ron Hubbard.

Last edited:

murdocsvan

We should really get some more scientologists on this section. Would be great to have a discussion with one which doesn't end up in a lawsuit :p

themadhair

Problem 1# You have not researched world religion, this is evident as you have chose Scientology.
Ask yourself this question to see why your comment is off base:

If you were to choose a religion to do a project on would you choose an older more boring one or the one with the controversy and the aliens?

Steinninn

Viking
Ask yourself this question to see why your comment is off base:

If you were to choose a religion to do a project on would you choose an older more boring one or the one with the controversy and the aliens?

Haha, i don't know any religion that is boring.

existentialangst

Lev19:18/Mark 12:31
The summary of Scientology is: open up that checkbook and give us some money, then you will reach the next level of enlightenment, then to reach the next level, once again give more money, ad infinitum