• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need a BritBox/Acorn Crime/Detective Series

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What with the quarantine, we're knocking them down one by one and have now just finished Loch Ness. It was nowhere near as good as Broadchurch but, in my opinion, worth watching nonetheless.

So, any suggestions?

MikeF

Premium Member
What with the quarantine, we're knocking them down one by one and have now just finished Loch Ness. It was nowhere near as good as Broadchurch but, in my opinion, worth watching nonetheless.

So, any suggestions?

I really liked Wallander on Amazon, the Swedish production. There is also a British version that's good. Don't know if you are wanting Amazon/Britbox/Acorn suggestions only. Bordertown on Netflix is a Finnish detective series that I really enjoyed.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Grantchester is good if its available .

Fortitude and Luther are both pretty gritty

In french, perhaps with subtitles, Spiral

Edit : some classical detective series

Poirot (David Suchet)

Sherlock Holmes (both the Jeremy Brett series and the Benedict Cumberbatch series for a modern take on the stories)

Last edited:

MikeF

Premium Member

So, any suggestions?

Loved Foyle's War, British detective series set during WWII.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I second Wallander. Both versions are awesome.
Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries is good. It’s set in the 20s and Miss Fisher is ******.
Silent Witness, Luther, Jonathan Creek, Death in Paradise, Midsomer Murders, Lewis, Inspector George Gently

I grew up watching a lot of these