• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nearly 30 arrested for mass shooting threats in weeks after El Paso, Dayton

We Never Know

No Slack
Well if the person has a Gun and uses it to slaughter innocent people there two problems, the sick person who can do something like that, and that he is allowed to carry a Gun. Mentally unstable people should not be able to get weapons.

I agree. We should have stricter and more thorough gun laws. I've said that for a while.
Anyone that has ever been treated for a mental illness(meds, etc) shouldn't be able to own a gun.

We Never Know

No Slack
Without people there would me no guns

Without guns there would be no gun threats

Without people there would be no cars.

Without cars there would be no car wrecks.

Btw, the stats world wide.. Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.

Edit in America 268.8 million vehicles were registered here in 2016.
2018 report estimates that American civilians own 393 million guns.
Guns out number cars yet cars are more deadly than guns.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Without people there would be no cars.

Without cars there would be no car wrecks.

Btw, the stats world wide.. Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day. An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.

Edit..

268.8 million vehicles were registered here in 2016.
2018 report estimates that American civilians own 393 million guns.
Guns out number cars yet cars are more deadly than guns.

Yes, and does that mean we create more means to maim/kill or do you think that better education, better mental health care mat be a solution?

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes, and does that mean we create more means to maim/kill or do you think that better education, better mental health care mat be a solution?

As I said above.. "We should have stricter and more thorough gun laws. I've said that for a while.
Anyone that has ever been treated for a mental illness(meds, etc) shouldn't be able to own a gun."

Or we all could just go back to bows&arrows and bicycles.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As I said above.. "We should have stricter and more thorough gun laws. I've said that for a while.
Anyone that has ever been treated for a mental illness(meds, etc) shouldn't be able to own a gun."

Or we all could just go back to bows&arrows and bicycles.

Bicycles? Horses!

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Nope, but they can then make IEDs from common household chemicals/products.

It's a people problem, not the weapon of choice. Someone who wants to kill will find a way to do it. To solve the problem means to solve what causes people to want to kill.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I agree. We should have stricter and more thorough gun laws. I've said that for a while.
Anyone that has ever been treated for a mental illness(meds, etc) shouldn't be able to own a gun.
And there's no reason outside of paranoid fantasies that anyone needs a semi-automatic weapon with a high capacity magazine.

gnomon

Which mental health illnesses would disallow someone from owning a gun. I've suffered from bipolar disorder so does that mean I can never own a gun?

The majority of people who have suffered from bipolar disorder are not violent.

But your simple statement based upon nothing you have presented would state that I could never own a gun.

Do you even have the basic sense of what you are talking about or are you perpetuating a stereotype?

Just asking.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I've suffered from bipolar disorder so does that mean I can never own a gun?
My son, who is in his mid-40's, suffers from bipolar disorder, and he was hospitalized a couple of decades ago and has been under doctors' care, and yet he owns two guns that were bought legally.

The mental illness argument that the Pubs use is simply a smokescreen so as to please the NRA that has bought the Republican Party lock, stock, and barrel.

Audie

Veteran Member
Without people there would me no guns

True.

I cannot help wondering, though, if people bent on
mass murder might not bet ingenious enough to
find ways to be even more deadly, if deprived of
guns.