• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Near Death Experiences

EverChanging

and sometimes profit from publishing books on the subject.

I think some of the accounts that occur in books are sincere, although others aren't, like Bettie Eadie (not sure if I'm spelling her last name correct). Her NDE was originally published for Mormons and promoted in the Mormon church and conformed to Mormon teachings specifically. She then published a second version of the NDE, modified to remove distinctive Mormon teachings (for the most part) for the general public. She also denies reincarnation in her NDE book and then affirms it in her sequel to the book. So yeah, NDEs are now popular enough that people can contrive them and make money off of it.

I still believe many people are sincere. NDE accounts have abounded from ancient times and have distinctive features in common across time and cultures (though there are some cultural differences). It is a genuine experience, although I don't believe it is the afterlife or soul.