• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NC School Allows Christian Preachers to Target Kids During Lunch Hour

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Sure, but it doesn't override rights, freedom, equality, and justice.

I recall the Constitution saying something about separation of Church and State, which means the state can neither endorse nor sponsor one particular brand of Christianity over another. Nevertheless, this separation of Church and State should not restrict an individual teenagers' right to follow somebody proselytizing Christianity during their own personal lunch time away from secular schooling.

sooda

Veteran Member
I recall the Constitution saying something about separation of Church and State, which means the state can neither endorse nor sponsor one particular brand of Christianity over another. Nevertheless, this separation of Church and State should not restrict an individual teenagers' right to follow somebody proselytizing Christianity during their own personal lunch time away from secular schooling.

These are middle school kids.. and the fundies didn't get parental permission.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
These are middle school kids.. and the fundies didn't get parental permission.

I suppose most middle school age teenagers are confined within a closed school campus. However, if a High School age teenager attending an open school campus is allowed to leave his High School's building during his scheduled lunch break, then he should have the right to spend his lunch break with whomever he chooses. Right?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Roman occupation was the burning issue of the day and it was tearing the Jews apart. They were fighting each other and the Romans.
Jesus wasn't there because of the Romans. Whether burning issue or not... narrow in scope.

sooda

Veteran Member
I suppose most middle school age teenagers are confined within a closed school campus. However, if a High School age teenager attending an open school campus is allowed to leave his High School's building during his scheduled lunch break, then he should have the right to spend his lunch break with whomever he chooses. Right?

I would sue their pants off and win.