• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NC power stations targeted in likely domestic terror attack

PureX

Veteran Member
How do you know that? Got any proof? Or are you just shooting crap from the hip cause you simply hate Republicans?
I've been paying attention to the republican party's election schemes for the last 40 years. Stirring up the religious bigots and causing them to aim their ire it at the republican's political opponents. Stirring up the racists and causing them to aim their ire at their political opponents. Stirring up the ignoramuses and encouraging them to aim their ire at their political opponents. The republican party has been stirring up all manner of bigotry, ignorance, and animosity and focusing it all at their democratic opponents just to get themselves elected. And they've been doing it since it got George W. Bush elected governor of Texas. And they couldn't care less if all that acrimony leads to violence and chaos in the streets. Just so long as they can get their horde of haters, and maybe even their victims, to blame everything on the democrats. And the horde of haters love all this attention. It makes them feel important, and empowered.

So yeah, the thugs and bully boys have been emboldened by the republican party, and they're not afraid to parade around with assault weapons or threaten the overthrow of government.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I would say the power grid and the equipment which makes it work should be a higher, if not the highest, priority. Without electricity, it's "game over" across the board.

Another high priority would be energy supplies, especially delivery of gas/diesel. I recall a number of years ago when the Phoenix metro area lost about 70% of its gasoline supplies due to a pipeline rupture which took about two weeks to repair. They trucked in as much gas as they could, but it still was quite a mess, with long lines at the gas pumps and violence breaking out in some instances.

Previous blackouts in the northeast led to utter chaos within just a few hours.

I don't know if guns would have been necessary. If guns weren't available, then someone with the knowhow could rig up some sort of explosive device - or just set a fire.
Or release a squirrel: Electrical disruptions caused by squirrels - Wikipedia

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Add in assassinations, Oklahoma City bombing type attacks and some guerilla warfare and this is how RW militant extremists plan in fighting another civil war.
They've been telling us. They've been warning us. And the rhetoric aming the mainstream has continually for many years now has continually become more extreme.

The thugs and bully boys are feeling their oats these days in the U. S. thanks to the republican party's total moral collapse in their pursuit of power by any means legal or illegal.

What's the evidence that this was a right-wing attack? The perpetrators haven't been identified yet, from what I've read so far.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Too late...it's already a statistical entry
in the list of right wing terrorist attacks.
Is it? At this point it appears to be likely to be a right wing action. There is no evidence either way, but there was a motive for a right wing attack and no one has found one for a left wing attack. Who knows, it could have been the work of someone that was ticked off at the electric company. But there is no evidence of that right now either.

But your declaration about the left is almost identical to the claims of some that it was definitely a right wing act. Some on the left are ready to condemn those on the right over this.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a joke.
I'm just to suttel subtle.
At this point it appears to be likely to be a right wing action.
I'll buy "likely".
But lefty luddites are possible.
NC still burns fossil fuels for electricity.
(Though they claim to be moving away from that.)
But your declaration about the left is almost identical to the claims of some that it was definitely a right wing act.
I don't know who did it or why.
So I'm not blaming any group.
OK....I blame criminals.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Got all the evidence you need to be
sure it was a right winger attack, eh.
OK.
You might be right.
But you might be wrong too.

I suppose if/when they find who did this, we'll know what their motives were and if there was any political faction associated with it.

However, it doesn't seem particularly out of bounds to suggest the likelihood that it could be right-wing, as opposed to the likelihood of it being motivated by a left-wing cause.

Or maybe it wasn't political at all. Perhaps it was a disgruntled worker for the power company. From the reports, it appears the saboteur(s) knew just where to hit to put the power out for days. Whoever did it probably either lives outside of the area served by that sub-station - or they're prepared to go without power for a few days.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I suppose if/when they find who did this, we'll know what their motives were and if there was any political faction associated with it.

However, it doesn't seem particularly out of bounds to suggest the likelihood that it could be right-wing, as opposed to the likelihood of it being motivated by a left-wing cause.

Or maybe it wasn't political at all. Perhaps it was a disgruntled worker for the power company. From the reports, it appears the saboteur(s) knew just where to hit to put the power out for days. Whoever did it probably either lives outside of the area served by that sub-station - or they're prepared to go without power for a few days.
As I said, "likely" is a reasonable belief.
But it could've been you for all we know.
(Your hands smell of nitrocellulose.)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
They will be, and they will turn out to be gay-hating bully boys with assault weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised to read that such an attack was carried out by political extremists, but as I said, there's no information about the perpetrators so far. Any assertions about their identities are mere speculation at this point.

PureX

Veteran Member
Not blaming us running dogs of capitalism?
Yer slip'n.
But I'm off the hook!!!!
The capitalists sold them all their assault weapons, and their body armor, and their camo outfits, and whatever other military gear they used, ... just for the profit, and with no concern whatever to the negative social results. So yeah, they have some blame in the game, too.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
I wouldn't be surprised to read that such an attack was carried out by political extremists, but as I said, there's no information about the perpetrators so far. Any assertions about their identities are mere speculation at this point.
We already know that the right wingnut haters have threatened to stop the drag show. And that would be called "evidence" by most people. We also know that the right wingnut haters have been threatening to attack power stations. And that would certainly be considered evidence by most people, too. So I think if we add one and one together, we have a pretty good idea who did it, how, and why. It's just a matter of finding out which specific individuals did it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The capitalists sold them all their assault weapons, and their body armor, and their camo outfits, and whatever other military gear they used, ... just for the profit, and with no concern whatever to the negative social results. So yeah, they have some blame in the game, too.
Your inside knowledges is suspiciously detailed,
eg, kinds of guns, clothing worn, gear.
Where were you on the night of.....meh....never mind.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As I said, "likely" is a reasonable belief.
But it could've been you for all we know.
(Your hands smell of nitrocellulose.)

Except I'm more than 2000 miles away from NC. I have an airtight alibi.

I would never do anything like that. The worst act of sabotage I ever did was when I plugged up a toilet at my school when I was a kid. I succumbed to peer pressure; the other kids made me do it, and they were doing the same thing anyway. But they never officially proved that it was us. None of us snitched, but I can talk about it now since the statute of limitations has long since passed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Except I'm more than 2000 miles away from NC. I have an airtight alibi.
That's what they all say....until it all falls apart.
I would never do anything like that. The worst act of sabotage I ever did was when I plugged up a toilet at my school when I was a kid. I succumbed to peer pressure; the other kids made me do it, and they were doing the same thing anyway. But they never officially proved that it was us. None of us snitched, but I can talk about it now since the statute of limitations has long since passed.
In Revoltistan, there is no statute
of limitations on plumbing mischief!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I suppose some capitalists might have something to gain by showing owners of electric cars how vulnerable their vehicle's supply of energy could be.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What's the evidence that this was a right-wing attack? The perpetrators haven't been identified yet, from what I've read so far.
It's something directly from their playbook. No, that doesn't definitively prove it was, but I said this is exactly what RW extremists have been telling us and warning us they will do.