• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Navigating through Internet discussions, for various purposes

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Now I’m thinking about how there are always new kinds of distractions that I haven’t learned to ignore, in thread titles and in threads that I‘m following. Just now I was tempted to look and see what was happening in a thread, knowing that I would hate it. I stopped and asked myself, “Do I really want to do this?” My answer was no, and I was able to stick to it.
When you figure out how to deal with this place,
let me in on the secret. I'm still somewhat
mystified by the how & why of what happens.
(Neurotypicals are so inscrutable.)

Jim

Nets of Wonder
When you figure out how to deal with this place,
let me in on the secret. I'm still somewhat
mystified by the how & why of what happens.
(Neurotypicals are so inscrutable.)
1. Don’t ever respond in any way at all to insults and personal attacks.
2, Don’t ever respond to anyone who associates you with any faction.
3. Don’t ever expect to have any serious discussions about anything with anyone.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
1. Don’t ever respond in any way at all to insults and personal attacks.
2, Don’t ever respond to anyone who associates you with any faction.
3. Don’t expect to have any serious discussions about anything with anyone.
#2 & #3 might be acceptable if there is only agreement.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
#2 & #3 might be acceptable if there is only agreement.
4. Don’t ever respond in any way at all to anyone who appears to have a personal interest in you, especially if they look friendly.

Oops! I’ve seen one exception to that. There might be others.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Friendly people.....oh, they're the worst!
I’ve seen one exception to that. There might be others. All the grief I’ve had with friendky people falls under rule 2. Under rule 2, the more friendly they are, the harder I fall.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I’ve seen one exception to that. There might be others. All the grief I’ve had with friendky people falls under rule 2. Under rule 2, the more friendly they are, the harder I fall.
Well, friends can turn around & bite at times.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Wait a minute, wait a minute. Are we having a serious discussion here?

Oh. That is not an exception to my rule because I wasn’t expecting it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It might not ever be possible for me to have what I would call a serious discussion about anything with anyone, without any disagreement,
So it seems for me too at times.
But with some people, disagreement is interesting.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
So it seems for me too at times.
But with some people, disagreement is interesting.
Now I’m going to be seriously serious. Seriously. No discussion without disagreements would interest me. What I’ve always wished for here, and never found, is someone with a sustained interest in discussions with me, without insults or personal attacks and without associating me with a faction.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Now I’m going to be seriously serious. Seriously. No discussion without disagreements would interest me. What I’ve always wished for here, and never found, is someone with a sustained interest in discussions with me, without insults or personal attacks and without associating me with a faction.
Well, it's RF....we must become accustomed to that.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Well, it's RF....we must become accustomed to that.
Nothing special about RF. It’s been the same in every social Internet forum that I’ve seen. It might not be possible for any forum to survive without insults and personal attacks. That’s why I’ve switched to discussing how to help reduce and counteract the damage.