• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Natures 3D Printer

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Bhramari Devi (local dialect in Rajasthan, Bhanwari Devi, a popular name in Rajasthan. Also Kanwar Sa for sons of the master or son-in-law, and Bhanwar Sa for the grandsons, just FYI)
Did we leave any life form in not making them Gods and Goddesses? Cool.

bhramari_devi458_bees_shrimad_wg-2.jpg

Last edited:

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
I don't understand, what life forms ? I only see Gods and Godesses. What is a life form ? Is it a God too ? Is it Prâna ?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
OP: Getting a 3-D photograph of an item and reproducing it will be easy. But making something new will require exact dimensions fed into the computer. Of course, mistakes can always be corrected. A plastic or metal cast is the easiest thing.

@JayaBholenath: Repeating what Kalidas said: I see what you did there... and I like it
However, nothing wrong with forms. What we perceive in the world, after all, are only all forms of the one (for advaitists).

Last edited:

Nyingjé Tso

@JayaBholenath: Repeating what Kalidas said: I see what you did there... and I like it
However, nothing wrong with forms. What we perceive in the world, after all, are only all forms of the one (for advaitists).

...Was just playing around ;)

As for 3D printing, I think it's a great technology... For the best (people have successfully researched and discovered that it was possible to 3D print prothesis material to replace missing limbs !) but also for the worst (3D printing undetectable plastic guns is possible and working unfortunatly...) 3D printers are becoming cheaper and I'm sure they will be accessible for all of us.

"Nature" 3D printing on the other hand, can only be harmless ! But I wonder if it will ever be possible for anything else than art or display, since the bees are becoming more and more treatened. And why making them take so much time to build their house just to rob it away from them an paint it ? Let the bee hive murti stay like that, the fact that it is creating and sustaining life, offering honey as prasad, is the sign of divinity within them.

Kalidas

...Was just playing around ;)

As for 3D printing, I think it's a great technology... For the best (people have successfully researched and discovered that it was possible to 3D print prothesis material to replace missing limbs !) but also for the worst (3D printing undetectable plastic guns is possible and working unfortunatly...) 3D printers are becoming cheaper and I'm sure they will be accessible for all of us.

"Nature" 3D printing on the other hand, can only be harmless ! But I wonder if it will ever be possible for anything else than art or display, since the bees are becoming more and more treatened. And why making them take so much time to build their house just to rob it away from them an paint it ? Let the bee hive murti stay like that, the fact that it is creating and sustaining life, offering honey as prasad, is the sign of divinity within them.

Or your option works wonders too! Don't know what I would think about having a live bee hive as part of a puja though... lol

Nyingjé Tso

Or your option works wonders too! Don't know what I would think about having a live bee hive as part of a puja though... lol

I would see more in a temple than in a house actually ! Placing a consecrated yantra inside or at the base of the bee-hive statue would make it a great and powerful temple murti.

If you live at the countryside you can have a beehive on your backyard ! There are some people in my village that do it. It is nice, but I don't think it would be for me... Bees are very delicate beings:cover:

Kalidas

I would see more in a temple than in a house actually ! Placing a consecrated yantra inside or at the base of the bee-hive statue would make it a great and powerful temple murti.

If you live at the countryside you can have a beehive on your backyard ! There are some people in my village that do it. It is nice, but I don't think it would be for me... Bees are very delicate beings:cover:

That would be pretty awesome in a temple!