• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nature retreat endurance adventure

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I may go on one until spring - survival odds are unknown, but I have faith enough to claim confidence.

Sleeping bag
A few clothes
Water purification Tablets 30liter limitation
Ability to start and maintain a fire safely
Basic survival skills - gathering known edibles, etc.
A will to survive

Reason? I'm uncertain, other than feeling like I need to reconnect or maybe connect with the living world more deeply. Besides, I have wotk to do -

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Thank you - I've never done this purposely before. I'm both reluctant and excited. I suppose it's the unknown that has me reluctant. The excitement comes naturally. I enjoy travel, journeys, and exploring new places.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I may be going on a fast actually - anyone know why people do this?

Good timing, I just finished a 3-day fruit fast: for me that means eating nothing but fruit, mostly citrus.

I fast on a pretty regular basis, several different kinds:

I practice intermittent fasting most days: that means only eating within a small window, somewhere between 4 and 9 hours each day, and going without food the other 15 to 20.

Then somewhat sporadically I also practice fruit fasts, juice fasts, and water fasts.

Sometimes I mix them up. So far this year I've been on four fasts of different durations of anywhere from 36 hours to 5 days.

In a nutshell I think it's one of the healthiest things anyone can do for themselves. There's a lot of scientific research to back that up.

Anecdotally: I go to Chicago to visit my family every year for anywhere from 2 to 4 months. While I'm there I eat like they do: meat at almost every meal.

The last couple of times when I got back to California my blood pressure was through the roof: 178/110 this last time, a little bit worse than that the time before that.

Almost immediately I went on two fasts back to back and my blood pressure dropped down to 120/80 in the space of two weeks ( my doctor was amazed).

I checked it last week and it was down to 109/78.

Lower BP it's just one of the benefits. Every time I manage to get into fasting on a regular basis every aspect of my health improves. That's mental and emotional as well as physical.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Good timing, I just finished a 3-day fruit fast: for me that means eating nothing but fruit, mostly citrus.

I fast on a pretty regular basis, several different kinds:

I practice intermittent fasting most days: that means only eating within a small window, somewhere between 4 and 9 hours each day, and going without food the other 15 to 20.

Then somewhat sporadically I also practice fruit fasts, juice fasts, and water fasts.

Sometimes I mix them up. So far this year I've been on four fasts of different durations of anywhere from 36 hours to 5 days.

In a nutshell I think it's one of the healthiest things anyone can do for themselves. There's a lot of scientific research to back that up.

Anecdotally: I go to Chicago to visit my family every year for anywhere from 2 to 4 months. While I'm there I eat like they do: meat at almost every meal.

The last couple of times when I got back to California my blood pressure was through the roof: 178/110 this last time, a little bit worse than that the time before that.

Almost immediately I went on two fasts back to back and my blood pressure dropped down to 120/80 in the space of two weeks ( my doctor was amazed).

I checked it last week and it was down to 109/78.

Lower BP it's just one of the benefits. Every time I manage to get into fasting on a regular basis every aspect of my health improves. That's mental and emotional as well as physical.

It'll be a 7 to 8 month long thing. Detox from sugar caffeine salt and nicotine. Small portions of grains and beans will be my choice of food daily, unseasoned, with purified water to wash it down. Rice, pasta, oats, beans, and water diet for 8 months. Detox oriented winter endurance adventure and fast. Sounds like a good idea anyway. Well see.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
The better way will be to walk (Nature retreat endurance adventure). :)

Depends on how big that pot of gold got... :rolleyes:

It'll be a 7 to 8 month long thing. Detox from sugar caffeine salt and nicotine. Small portions of grains and beans will be my choice of food daily, unseasoned, with purified water to wash it down. Rice, pasta, oats, beans, and water diet for 8 months. Detox oriented winter endurance adventure and fast. Sounds like a good idea anyway. Well see.

I look forward to hearing about your adventures.