• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nature. Beauty. Gratitude.

Bear Wild

I good 10 minute video about being thankful and having gratitude.

That was a beautiful presentation. The following response is so much easier to feel that it is to write down in words for the words can only approximate the experience. I only hope it makes some sense and does not sound to mawkish.

Of all the events in my life the greatest and most life changing event was when I finally felt truly connected with the natural world and all of its wonder. I have always loved the natural world but when I look back I feel now that too often I looked at it as if I were an observer. I was always going for the hike to be outdoors ore to walk to the waterfall or the overlook to witness the view. Then one moment in my life I lost myself into the mundane, not in search of a particular bird or place to see but just to be connected with that place at that moment with whoever or whatever was around me. That moment changed everything and I felt so connected to the world that has given me everything I truly need. Now when I go for a walk it is not just to see that magnificent vista but enter and feel connected to where ever I am in Nature. That sense of wonder gives a new dimension to all of the natural world and profound respect for the creative force of life that is always evolving.

I see and feel the integration of all life with awe at how the diversity of life survives and even flourishes in ways I can only try to comprehend. Now I give gratitude to every plant from dandelions to great oaks for without them I would not be here. I respect all life from earthworms to the hawks and to the raccoons (who visit me every night) as they all contribute to our wonderous world.

That is why every day I give an offering back whether picking up other peoples trash, leaving food for whoever visits, planting trees and native plants back form where they have been lost. It is only right to give back to a world that gives us everything, take only what you absolutely need, and see yourself not as separate, superior, or entitled but equals with all life and treat all life as family. Well you get the idea at least.

Bear Wild

Be thankful for Corona virus. 156,000,000 cases, 3,260,000 deaths.
Mostly a talk of haves.

There is a difference between being grateful to this world who created us and the relationship between different species. I would prefer not to live among mosquitoes personally and wish that no one would have died from the Corona virus but that does not mean I do not have gratitude to the natural processes that create and sustain all life. I am sure the mice, birds, and snakes would rather my cats were not there. The fact is the natural world is both creative and destructive and I accept that but even with its destructive side I still can have gratitude and see its beauty in its creative force.