• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nature’s great book is written in mathematics.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I don't disagree completely, but if math is the only thing, then it is possible to get every answer to the universe. Therin lays the cures of every existing ailments and diseases.

As a side note, I find fractals intriguing in nature, and also I wonder if perchance.. maybe... 42 is the ultimate result of everything!

I've always figured that math is a language. Like any other, it's one we've invented.

Reactions: ppp

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've always figured that math is a language. Like any other, it's one we've invented.
That's the crux. Mathematics was invented by humans rather than the other way around.

There's more to nature, including ourselves, than simply mathematics I think.

Bird123

Very Good!! One will never acquire true understanding without Math!! Yes, everything does add up.

Just like all the physics of this world add up so does the people factor. The people factor is much more complicated simply because it has so many more variables.

I say do not run from math. Take whatever effort needed to understand math. One might try to ignore math, however Math isn't going away.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

cladking

I don't believe math is a part of nature at all. There are no physical laws and all computations are inapplicable to reality except in specific instances where relevant variable are known and quantified and through coincidence.

Reality itself is logical. It is logic manifest and math is merely logic quantified. Where we properly apply mathematics there is lots of correlation because of this.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Math is a precise, effective manipulation tool, and a language with its own truth values. I don't think it corresponds directly with reality.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. I wonder if perchance.. maybe... 42 is the ultimate result of everything!
It is not divisible by 4 or 5. ;)
.. because if it was, we had to do everything using math, but that is not the case.
That is not my belief system. I only quoted an interesting article.
Such overwhelming evidence for a intelligent creator!
It is not an intelligent creator, it is evolution. It tries all kind of things, some times poison if you press the body of a frog.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I find a thread in one of other forums here started by our friend @questforth namely
"Creation from Nothing using math"
since we have many resident mathematicians here it will be very encouraging if they jointly and or severally create another planet Earth for the humanity as an alternate abode as this planet is endangered all the time by war-mongering politicians, in case. Just a thought.

Regards

cladking

" Perhaps "

Isn't it a big " PERHAPS" without any clue from Science and or Religion, please? Right?

Regards

It's a very big perhaps.

Frankly I don't believe in laws of nature or laws of God. Nature or God do what they want to do and it's never predictable. Science and religion are crutches because people want to have all the answers despite not even knowing the questions. Neither nature nor God could make a stone so large they themselves can't move it but they sure as hell could if they wanted to.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It's a very big perhaps.

Frankly I don't believe in laws of nature or laws of God. Nature or God do what they want to do and it's never predictable. Science and religion are crutches because people want to have all the answers despite not even knowing the questions. Neither nature nor God could make a stone so large they themselves can't move it but they sure as hell could if they wanted to.
" God could make a stone so large they themselves can't move it "
Isn't it a rhetoric of the "religion-none" people, please? Right?

Regards