• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

natural law?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I really do not care about Cain or Abel. I have never met them and they have no meaning to me.. But there are no lines in moral behavior and it has always been moral behavior long before the written word. Something written does not make it any more real or meaningful.
dismissing the story of Cain and Abel .....doesn't really work

and it is written....
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

it has to be taught

Man is a creature given to snatch and grab
which I believe is the cause for the garden event
an attempt to change the 'nature' of Man
body and spirit

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I remember a couple, the first i remember was a wonderful statement on animal/human relations, unfortunately the second, more recent incident ended with the gorilla bring shot
Yes, that was Harambe. He was in the Cincinnati zoo. We lived about an hour away from Cincinnati at that time.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And if you treat a human baby in the same way what result would you expect?..............]
From God's viewpoint, I would expect that His opinion on the matter would be the same now as it was as found at Jeremiah 32:35 and 2 Chronicles 28:3.
Any abuse is Not acceptable whether animal or human.
That was also part of the Constitution of the old Mosaic Law as found at Deuteronomy 18:10; Deuteronomy 12:31.

Even if a person accidently hurt a pregnant woman that person could be held accountable as found at Exodus 21:22-24.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
............... Animals in their environment develop their own moral patterns of behavior.
Thank you for your reply, and then I will add that humans in their environment develop their own moral patterns of behavior (conscience) by such environment.
In order for a conscience to work properly it must be a well-trained conscience.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I really do not care about Cain or Abel. I have never met them and they have no meaning to me.. But there are no lines in moral behavior and it has always been moral behavior long before the written word. Something written does not make it any more real or meaningful.
You can meet them ( Cain and Abel ) through the pages of Scripture.
God warned Cain about his hot anger and warned that such a temper would be bad.
Cain became so envious of his brother Abel to the point of killing him outright.
Killing / murder thus was a line drawn in moral behavior.
Even the nations which do Not have the law still think of murder was wrong.

Bear Wild

Thank you for your reply, and then I will add that humans in their environment develop their own moral patterns of behavior (conscience) by such environment.
In order for a conscience to work properly it must be a well-trained conscience.
Which animals have. They do have well-trained conscience. Human animal morals developed in the same environment as all other animals. Our brains developed in the same type of environment as other animals. Thus natural morals developed the same way for all animals.

Bear Wild

You can meet them ( Cain and Abel ) through the pages of Scripture.
God warned Cain about his hot anger and warned that such a temper would be bad.
Cain became so envious of his brother Abel to the point of killing him outright.
Killing / murder thus was a line drawn in moral behavior.
Even the nations which do Not have the law still think of murder was wrong.

I can meet Sherlock Holmes in a book also. I can attend Hogwarts in another book. Therefore i can meet Cain and Able in one more book. I understand the concept but Cain and Abel have no meaning for me. The problem with murder is it is defined as unlawful killing which indicates killing is not immoral as long as defined by law. Thus killing someone because they have a different belief that your group does not share then killing is moral. Examples abound in Christian history. If you do not believe in the right god or goddess and practicing rituals to that god or goddess then killing men, women and children becomes a holy right. Those being killed however have a very different viewpoint.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
From God's viewpoint, I would expect that His opinion on the matter would be the same now as it was as found at Jeremiah 32:35 and 2 Chronicles 28:3.
Any abuse is Not acceptable whether animal or human.
That was also part of the Constitution of the old Mosaic Law as found at Deuteronomy 18:10; Deuteronomy 12:31.

Even if a person accidently hurt a pregnant woman that person could be held accountable as found at Exodus 21:22-24.

Did not answer my query but no answer was completely expected

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Surely the fact that 4 plus 4 equals 8 does?
Are any numbers independent of God because God is from everlasting meaning for each number we count we can count both forwards and backwards forever.
It is my belief that we are also' near the beginning' of a new world of righteousness - 2 Peter 3:13.