• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Natural immunity appears to be stronger than immunity from vaccinations:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This should have a warning of do not try this at home. Naturally acquired immunity appears to be stronger than immunity from vaccinations in a recent study:

AAAS

"The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label. The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19."

And even better news for me at least. If one has had Covid and gets a vaccination one's protection appears to be even better:

"The researchers also found that people who had SARS-CoV-2 previously and received one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine were more highly protected against reinfection than those who once had the virus and were still unvaccinated. "

Okay, my vaccination was Moderna, but it too was an mRNA vaccine.

Suave

Simulated character
This should have a warning of do not try this at home. Naturally acquired immunity appears to be stronger than immunity from vaccinations in a recent study:

AAAS

"The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label. The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19."

And even better news for me at least. If one has had Covid and gets a vaccination one's protection appears to be even better:

"The researchers also found that people who had SARS-CoV-2 previously and received one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine were more highly protected against reinfection than those who once had the virus and were still unvaccinated. "

Fortunately, I didn't get sick when I was infected with the SARS-CoV 2 virus in April 2020. I am also mRNA vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. I'm very well immune against C.O.V.I.D.-19. Unfortunately, I was still evidently able to shed the SARS-Cov2 virus without having any symptoms of illness from C.O.V.I.D.-19. I likely transmitted this highly contagious disease to my then wife who became very ill. I'm guessing me being well immune against C.O.V.I.D.-19 from my mRNA vaccination and infection.by the SARS-CoV2 virus means there is no chance I could get re-infected and once again transmit C.O.V.I.D.-19 Right? I'd like to please know does natural immunity against C.O.V.I.D.-19 last longer or does this diminish faster than mRNA vaccine induced immunity against C.O.V.I.D.-19?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Fortunately, I didn't get sick when I was infected with the SARS-CoV 2 virus in April 2020. I am also mRNA vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. I'm very well immune against C.O.V.I.D.-19. Unfortunately, I was still evidently able to shed the SARS-Cov2 virus without having any symptoms of illness from C.O.V.I.D.-19. I likely transmitted this highly contagious disease to my then wife who became very ill. I'm guessing me being well immune against C.O.V.I.D.-19 from my mRNA vaccination and infection.by the SARS-CoV2 virus means there is no chance I could get re-infected and once again transmit C.O.V.I.D.-19 Right? I'd like to please know does natural immunity against C.O.V.I.D.-19 last longer or does this diminish faster than mRNA vaccine induced immunity against C.O.V.I.D.-19?

I have no idea. Meanwhile the longer this lasts the more variants of the original virus there will be. The Delta variation was the fourth significant variation. Now the mu variation is out there from Colombia. I cannot remember my Greek alphabet so I am not sure which letter that is but probably the eleventh:

Covid-19 news: UK to offer third jab to immunosuppressed people | New Scientist

And I may have had a slight case of the Delta variation as well. I am about two weeks out of my housemate and her son that had it. They suffered. Neither one was vaccinated. I felt a little tired one day. But when they fell ill I masked up even before our state required it again.

Suave

Simulated character
I have no idea. Meanwhile the longer this lasts the more variants of the original virus there will be. The Delta variation was the fourth significant variation. Now the mu variation is out there from Colombia. I cannot remember my Greek alphabet so I am not sure which letter that is but probably the eleventh:

Covid-19 news: UK to offer third jab to immunosuppressed people | New Scientist

And I may have had a slight case of the Delta variation as well. I am about two weeks out of my housemate and her son that had it. They suffered. Neither one was vaccinated. I felt a little tired one day. But when they fell ill I masked up even before our state required it again.

If even us well immune against C.O.V.I.D.-19 persons can get a SARS-CoV2 viral reinfection transmittable to other bodies around us, then I suspect C.O.V.I.D.-19 will become endemic.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If even us well immune against C.O.V.I.D.-19 persons can get a SARS-CoV2 viral reinfection transmittable to other bodies around us, then I suspect C.O.V.I.D.-19 will become endemic.
That is a possibility. What is needed is a worldwide vaccination effort. If, due to various vaccination resistances by people, can get a worldwide vaccination effort going we could eliminate this virus. It has happened before. But that was when governments were a bit more totalitarian in general and such vaccinations could be enforced. You may be too young to have a scar on your upper left or right arm.

The new technology that produced our current vaccines may make it much easier to make future ones. The battle is far from lost.

We Never Know

No Slack

AAAS

"Viruses, like all living organisms, are composed, in part, of proteins. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is comprised of at least 29 proteins. When a person is infected, their immune system generates antibodies to many of these different proteins. However, many vaccines trigger antibodies to only a limited number of proteins. Most COVID-19 vaccines are designed to induce antibodies only to the spike protein, a key molecule that is found on the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and helps it to enter host cells and spread throughout the body.

COVID-19: why we can’t use antibody tests to show that vaccines are working

"Viruses, like all living organisms, are composed, in part, of proteins. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is comprised of at least 29 proteins. When a person is infected, their immune system generates antibodies to many of these different proteins. However, many vaccines trigger antibodies to only a limited number of proteins. Most COVID-19 vaccines are designed to induce antibodies only to the spike protein, a key molecule that is found on the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and helps it to enter host cells and spread throughout the body.

COVID-19: why we can’t use antibody tests to show that vaccines are working

Truth: As I noted at length here previously, COVID survivors have long-lasting immunity. To quote a peer-reviewed study published in the journal Nature, patients who have recovered from COVID develop “long-lasting immunity,” with “antibody-producing cells” that “live and produce antibodies for the rest of people’s lives.” There was also a massive study by Cleveland Clinic, conducted on 52,238 employees, which concluded categorically that individuals who had COVID “do not get additional benefits from vaccination.”

More and more research confirms the predictable superiority of natural immunity over artificial immunity. That’s not a surprise. In immunology (which I worked in for four years), there was a saying: infection beats injection. Sure, one would rather not be infected, but when it comes to immunity, it’s almost always stronger for those who survived infection than for those who received artificial injection.

That is a possibility. What is needed is a worldwide vaccination effort. If, due to various vaccination resistances by people, can get a worldwide vaccination effort going we could eliminate this virus. It has happened before. But that was when governments were a bit more totalitarian in general and such vaccinations could be enforced. You may be too young to have a scar on your upper left or right arm.

The new technology that produced our current vaccines may make it much easier to make future ones. The battle is far from lost.
Don’t see the current vaccines as being effective against getting or spreading Covid or the variants, seems like they’ve prevented people from going to the hospital for the original Covid but not for the variants as opposed to natural immunity, which has been a broad spectrum immunity and good against re-infection.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Truth: As I noted at length here previously, COVID survivors have long-lasting immunity. To quote a peer-reviewed study published in the journal Nature, patients who have recovered from COVID develop “long-lasting immunity,” with “antibody-producing cells” that “live and produce antibodies for the rest of people’s lives.” There was also a massive study by Cleveland Clinic, conducted on 52,238 employees, which concluded categorically that individuals who had COVID “do not get additional benefits from vaccination.”

More and more research confirms the predictable superiority of natural immunity over artificial immunity. That’s not a surprise. In immunology (which I worked in for four years), there was a saying: infection beats injection. Sure, one would rather not be infected, but when it comes to immunity, it’s almost always stronger for those who survived infection than for those who received artificial injection.
Yes, if you get it and survive you are much more likely to not get it again. Yet. Yay me!! Remember that the longer it hangs around the more that it can evolve. Just like the common cold it could get into a yearly or every other year cycle. That is why we want to try to eliminate it now. And I can pull up a study that disagrees with your. Current statistics disagrees. The vaccine and surviving Covid gives one even better protection. The number of your study is far too small. The reason is that the odds of getting Covid are not that large at any one time. The number of people that have both had it and got the vaccine and get it again is so small that the margin of error of a smaller study like yours can easily bury the actual result. The study that I saw was based on nationwide statistics.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Don’t see the current vaccines as being effective against getting or spreading Covid or the variants, seems like they’ve prevented people from going to the hospital for the original Covid but not for the variants as opposed to natural immunity, which has been a broad spectrum immunity and good against re-infection.
But they are Once again you do not understand statistics and appear to be relying on a black and white fallacy. Can you get ill after you have had the vaccine? Yes. But the odds are greatly reduced. Can a person have severe effects if one is vaccinated. Again yes, but the odds are even smaller. Right now with over 50% of the population vaccinated the deaths are almost exclusively of the unvaccinated. With slightly more people vaccinated than unvaccinated if it did not work there should be more people that have been vaccinated than unvaccinated people We clearly do not see that.

Yes, if you get it and survive you are much more likely to not get it again. Yet. Yay me!! Remember that the longer it hangs around the more that it can evolve. Just like the common cold it could get into a yearly or every other year cycle. That is why we want to try to eliminate it now. And I can pull up a study that disagrees with your. Current statistics disagrees. The vaccine and surviving Covid gives one even better protection. The number of your study is far too small. The reason is that the odds of getting Covid are not that large at any one time. The number of people that have both had it and got the vaccine and get it again is so small that the margin of error of a smaller study like yours can easily bury the actual result. The study that I saw was based on nationwide statistics.
Natural Immunity has always been the best option, why this is not considered is beyond me, but I think I already know why. With vaccines showing their limitations they should be pushing for early treatment options and natural immunity.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Natural Immunity has always been the best option, why this is not considered is beyond me, but I think I already know why. With vaccines showing their limitations they should be pushing for early treatment options and natural immunity.
That is not true. Do you have a small round scar on either your upper left or right arm?

But they are Once again you do not understand statistics and appear to be relying on a black and white fallacy. Can you get ill after you have had the vaccine? Yes. But the odds are greatly reduced. Can a person have severe effects if one is vaccinated. Again yes, but the odds are even smaller. Right now with over 50% of the population vaccinated the deaths are almost exclusively of the unvaccinated. With slightly more people vaccinated than unvaccinated if it did not work there should be more people that have been vaccinated than unvaccinated people We clearly do not see that.
CDC changed the meaning of what a vaccine is because the current “vaccine” isn’t really a vaccine as it doesn’t prevent Covid or transmission.

Citation needed. And the vaccine does prevent transmission. Like all vaccines it is merely not 100%. Where do you get these claims from?
From the CDC changing definitions of vaccine as well as the Israel study, the breakthrough cases of the vaccinated, returning to mask wearing etc.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
From the CDC changing definitions of vaccine as well as the Israel study, the breakthrough cases of the vaccinated, returning to mask wearing etc.
Sorry, but you lost. That is merely another unsupported claim. When you make a claim and someone says "citation needed" that means that a reliable source needs to be found for that claim. You provided none. If one does not provide a source when demanded then no rational person should believe him. Odds are far too high that that person is wrong.

By providing a reliable source you can show that you are correct. Or it could backfire. You may have misinterpreted an article that you read. It happens quite often.

So when did the CDC define the definition of a vaccine? You need a valid article, not mere handwaving.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Never mind, I did your homework for you. The first thing one needs to do when doing a search is to ask a proper question. For example one should not search for "The vaccine does not work". That will only lead to biased results. As "Does the vaccine work". For my search I asked if the CDC changed the meaning of a vaccine. It turns out that they did, but they only made it more accurate. People that do not think rationally to often use the Black and White fallacy. Vaccines were always about protection. Yes, they increase immunity, but they were never perfect. So the Corona virus vaccines not being perfect did not mean that they had to change the definition for them to be vaccines. They were still vaccines under the older definition too:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article254111268.html

The previous definitions could have been “interpreted to mean that vaccines were 100% effective, which has never been the case for any vaccine, so the current definition is more transparent, and also describes the ways in which vaccines can be administered,” the spokesperson said.

Are you referring to the Polio vaccine?

No, but you are on the right track.

Sorry, but you lost. That is merely another unsupported claim. When you make a claim and someone says "citation needed" that means that a reliable source needs to be found for that claim. You provided none. If one does not provide a source when demanded then no rational person should believe him. Odds are far too high that that person is wrong.

By providing a reliable source you can show that you are correct. Or it could backfire. You may have misinterpreted an article that you read. It happens quite often.

So when did the CDC define the definition of a vaccine? You need a valid article, not mere handwaving.
You don’t know the CDC website? You haven’t seen the Israel news, this is common knowledge.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You don’t know the CDC website? You haven’t seen the Israel news, this is common knowledge.
LOL! And you lost again. Of course you were wrong. You misinterpreted the change. The vaccines were vaccines under the older definition too. Read my post explaining your error to you.

You are probably relying on right wing wacko sites. Try to go more mainstream. Vet your sources with Media Bias Factcheck. That should help.

No vaccine has ever been 100% effective. Vaccines increase immunity and protection. A lot. An occasional virus still slips through.

Do you understand what an r factor is and why it is so important?