• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Natural Gods vs. Personal Gods

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

To be honest, I'm not even sure what you were getting at. I just know that you stating that you felt sorry for me for being inclined to theistic thinking felt very condescending and unnecessary, and your explanation was too vague to effectively be clarifying.

In any time period and place which had a religious government.

How many historical and contemporary theocracies have you studied?

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
To be honest, I'm not even sure what you were getting at. I just know that you stating that you felt sorry for me for being inclined to theistic thinking felt very condescending and unnecessary, and your explanation was too vague to effectively be clarifying.

Some people are genetically inclined to need ritual and lack of doubt in order to stay out of depression and anxiety.

I find this unfortunate.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Being that I understand the natural world / objective universe as nothing more than a non intelligent memetic process / mechanism I see no reason to raise it godhood and worship it.

IMO there can only be personal gods known as one's Higher Self

s13ep

There is a large difference between what I call "Personal Gods" and "Natural Gods".

A personal god is one with attributes given to it by humans and a natural god is worshipping a part of the natural world without giving it attributes.

Therefore if you worship nature, your god exist though I find there is little reason to worship it. (Though Einstein appeared to do so according to his notes).

I hope that those predisposed towards religion will one day embrace Natural Gods rather than Personal Gods.

What do you think on this subject and why?
Cubic Science can be associated with faith in "Natural Gods"; however, cubicians like myself prefer to call it faith in wordless reality.

It's not that water is 1 H and 2 O, for that answer is born of word input. Rather, it's wordless water.