• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National healthcare? Ok how about World Healthcare?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Healthcare obviously is a hot topic for debate and discussion.

In light there are national systems out there that work better than other's, why not have a Global healthcare system in place where member countries equally share costs and help each other on a Global scale as opposed to just a national scale?

Giving reasons for national healthcare, based in performance if working systems in place, could that apply to a world system for the same reasons made on a national level?

Note: this is exclusively about feasibility and workability. NOT about domestic based, TRUMP or OBAMA issues that are debated and discussed on other threads.
I respectfully request mods to remove all posts pertaining to Obamacare or Trumpcare.

State run healthcare is ok by me in way that a state system can model for a national system thus leading to if a national system can further work on an international level in a similar way.

I want to find out how an international system can be implemented if at all, as opposed as working national systems are.

PureX

Veteran Member
A global health care system would require global government. And I don't think humanity is willing to accept that. Nor are we able to control such a thing were it to be manifested.

The Holy Bottom Burp

Healthcare obviously is a hot topic for debate and discussion.

In light there are national systems out there that work better than other's, why not have a Global healthcare system in place where member countries equally share costs and help each other on a Global scale as opposed to just a national scale?

Giving reasons for national healthcare, based in performance if working systems in place, could that apply to a world system for the same reasons made on a national level?

Note: this is exclusively about feasibility and workability. NOT about domestic based, TRUMP or OBAMA issues that are debated and discussed on other threads.
I respectfully request mods to remove all posts pertaining to Obamacare or Trumpcare.

State run healthcare is ok by me in way that a state system can model for a national system thus leading to if a national system can further work on an international level in a similar way.

I want to find out how an international system can be implemented if at all, as opposed as working national systems are.
I'm with you Nowhere Man, we burn billions on warfare, we burn billions on the UN which is supposed to stop warfare. Burn billions on global healthcare to reach the poorest and most remote people on the planet? Oh yes, that is a far more agreeable way to burn money as far as I'm concerned. I would love to direct my tax contribution that way.
It would be a hugely costly activity, but I've no doubt it would be a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of military operations. How about landing medical aid via the knowledge and technology gained through military operations - drones and such like? How about sending in planes full of medics rather than men with guns and grenades? Crazy talk I know. Sorry, I've been swept away on a current of reason and emotion. I'll wake up tomorrow and realise those people (whatever people might threaten my comfortable life) deserved to die. Just how things are right?

I want to find out how an international system can be implemented if at all, as opposed as working national systems are

It would be too complex to administer and would end up with a huge and unwieldy bureaucracy.

Even ignoring the obvious political issues it is operationally unfeasible.

Even things like computer systems at that scale would be exponentially more problematic.

Yerda

Veteran Member
A global health care system would require global government. And I don't think humanity is willing to accept that. Nor are we able to control such a thing were it to be manifested.
I don't think that is necessarily the case. We can have global trade or international law without a world government.

PureX

Veteran Member
I don't think that is necessarily the case. We can have global trade or international law without a world government.
Who establishes and enforces international law when there is no international government. Consider what the words "international government" mean, please.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I don't think that would have to be nessessary.

It could be a just collaboration or agreement among nations without compromising national sovereignty. Bit like pooling monies together to save costs for mutual benefit.

But your right. It would be very complex with a lot of complications.

PureX

Veteran Member
I don't think that would have to be nessessary.

It could be a just collaboration or agreement among nations without compromising national sovereignty. Bit like pooling monies together to save costs for mutual benefit.

But your right. It would be very complex with a lot of complications.
And no actual authority.