• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Napoleon said the crown of thorns makes him feel like God

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I can't find the quote from Napoleon online, but there was an extremely long documentary on him that was like a few tapes I watched, where he declared that after riding out of exile to reclaim his throne, he felt his lucky star wasn't with him before the battle of Waterloo, so knew in advance he was not going to win.

In exile he declared that he was wearing the crown of thorns, the crown of an Emperor, and his painful humiliating crown of thorns, his martyrdom of being "defeated every day", it never made him feel like he was more like God, being helplessly crucified in a sense, because his pride and narcissism was no longer present, and with it he was no longer tempted to vanity, pomp, or being as selfish.

I have known people in wheelchairs, more than one, or someone with cancer that cannot be cured, who state that it really sucks not being able to walk, but the freedom to walk is not as good as the ability to be humble, more compassionate, lowly, not harm or manipulate others.

Being Christian they declare that the only thing that is responsible for saving their souls, is being handicapped or dying of an illness that cannot be cured.

The Son of Sam refuses to go to his parole hearings despite so many people stating he appears to be a walking rehabilitated miracle. He says that he is far more free behind bars than if he got released.

There seems to be a type of wisdom and freedom that comes when a person feels completely helpless or afflicted, or appear to have their freedoms and abilities taken from them. Even without religious beliefs, valuing penance and suffering, makes some sense, because a person who is suffering greatly, can be a lot more loveable, thoughtful, and virtuous, than when they are spoiled and fortunate, which can create a scoundrel.

Wide, easy, pleasant, and desireable is the path that leads to destruction. Few desire the straight and narrow way that leads to life and happiness, and I think even an atheist can see how true that often is.

Any thoughts on this?