1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nankri

Discussion in 'New Religious Movements DIR' started by SamDidz, Nov 10, 2012.

1. SamDidz

SamDidz Mahatma

I'm starting a new religion that basically believes that "God" (the Whole) is in all religions, has Dharmic influences, and that having compassion, respect and doing good works is the way to seeking Liberation from samsara

Freedomelf likes this.
  2. Shuddhasattva

Shuddhasattva New Member

who do i make checks payable to?

Freedomelf likes this.
  3. Reptillian

Reptillian Hamburgler Extraordinaire

Isn't that what Baha'i followers believe?

4. chinu

chinu S T O I C

Religion:
    means "re-union" with from where we all started the journey of life in the beginning.
    Believes ?.....:D

Your new religion is standing on the foundation of "Believes", "Believes" means something which is not sure, How can one join such religion which "Believes" insted of "Sure" ? :)
    Well.. true words comes out automatically. :(

5. SamDidz

SamDidz Mahatma

(Chinu) Yes I'm sure, but if I'm proven wrong, I'll change, (Shuddhasattva) You don't need to pay me, & (Reptillian) Yeah, it's kind of like the Baha'is, except with Dharmic and Spinozist influence.

6. Shuddhasattva

Shuddhasattva New Member

What sort of practices does your religion involve or does it believe that belief itself is sufficient? And if so, sufficient for what?

7. chinu

chinu S T O I C

Religion:
    means "re-union" with from where we all started the journey of life in the beginning.
    Than why did'nt you wrote this in your first reply ? :D
    Well.. neither am intrested in proving you wrong, nor am intrested in changing you.. brother.

My only problem is that am very sure about the religion which you are talking about is not a religion. :(

If anybody who want to show others the way to get liberation from this samsara(World), Than.. firstly one must get liberation him/herself, And you are not sounding like this. that's all... :shrug:

8. Onkara

Onkara New Member

Sounds good! :)

Freedomelf likes this.
  9. bulmabriefs144

bulmabriefs144 New Member

What's wrong with "believes". When I say the Apostles Creed, I say, "I believe..."

Belief is what comes from the heart, "knowing" (as ticks me off about atheists) comes from an overdeveloped sense of arrogance. It is impossible to know 100% anything. Beliefs come from the fact that that life is uncertain.

"I know to trust my friends" (A friend betrays you, and you don't know this)
    "I believe in trusting my friends" (Your friend betrays you, but you still believe it's important)

10. chinu

chinu S T O I C

Religion:
    Heart ? :D
    Don't trust this thing,
    A cannibal also has heart, who knows..? One cannibal can also give his heart to anybody.. :(

11. The Sum of Awe

The Sum of Awe Realitarian

Religion:
    Stoicism
    Replace "God" with "Force" and you are a Jedi, sir.

12. dsaly1969

dsaly1969 Member

It sounds like you are describing Sikhism....

13. GURSIKH

GURSIKH chardi kla

is name "Nankri" , related to Guru Nanak ?:)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted