• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name the most dangerous members of the animal kingdom on earth.

Jonathan Bailey

1. man, Homo sapiens by far

Please feel free to fill in the other nine of the top ten.

Man is a grave danger to his own kind and the environment on earth for serial reasons:

1. vast superior intelligence, the ability to build weapons of mass destruction
2. many cases of insanity in this species
3. mass destruction of the world environment
4. widespread global colonization
5. overpopulation
6. human emotions as greed, zeal and lust for world power
7. development of oppressive and tyrannical man-made governments

The division of Homo sapiens that has been the least dangerous by far has been the Native American Indians before the arrival of white man as they keep their numbers limited and were once non-industrial. There was little or no violence or insanity among these people before alcohol and horses were introduced. I can't see shepherds of the pastoral bible as having been very harmful either. This is not to say that I want to live like a shepherd of the bible or primitive Native American tribal life. The personal hygiene of these peoples or sheer lack thereof must have been appalling. They didn't enjoy running hot water, showers, douche, toothpaste, toilet paper, shampoo, deodorant and soap. They didn't enjoy such comforts as air conditioning. Many such primitive folk probably didn't have access to shaving equipment and barbershops. I don't think Native American men can grow beards though.

What makes a species DANGEROUS?

The degree of destruction, death and/or serious injury it causes to man and/or the environment globally on a particular scale. Great white sharks are relatively low in danger ranking because they attack very few people and maintain the environment by help keeping the seas clean. Man is virtually the only species, outside of pests, harmful to the environment.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Humans by far. But take us out and probably nothing compares to a honey badger. Small, but they are known for killing buffalo and fighting lions and living to tell about it. Resistant to venom, very thick hide, lose flesh they can twist around in, nasty bite, sharp claws, can digest even bones and feathers, and a wicked aggressive attitude.

Heyo

Veteran Member
2. mosquito

Mosquitoes cause malaria, one of the deadliest illnesses.
Prediction: the finished list will not contain any big, bad predator like bears, sharks or tigers.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Humans by far. But take us out and probably nothing compares to a honey badger. Small, but they are known for killing buffalo and fighting lions and living to tell about it. Resistant to venom, very thick hide, lose flesh they can twist around in, nasty bite, sharp claws, can digest even bones and feathers, and a wicked aggressive attitude.
Honey badgers are tough cookies but as they live only in Africa and a small part of Asia and they are not threatening to species, I don't think they can be called dangerous. Cats as well as rats number in the billions on all continents except Antarctica and they are known for driving endemic species to extinction. So:
2. mosquito
3. cat
4. rat
5. honey badger

And the honey badger will not survive the upcoming competition.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And the honey badger will not survive the upcoming competition.
They can eat snakes, birds, insects, quite abit of different stuff, actually. I think it would take something truly nasty to pose an actual threat to them because they have evolved to fight and survive, and they are very good at both. A living bioweapon of sorts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would also have to say the wolverine, because they are capable of and sometimes do kill bears. That's a fierce, tough animal that is dangerous and should be avoided. It may not carry disease, but bear fighting is no easy task.

Heyo

Veteran Member
They can eat snakes, birds, insects, quite abit of different stuff, actually. I think it would take something truly nasty to pose an actual threat to them because they have evolved to fight and survive, and they are very good at both. A living bioweapon of sorts.
I guess I formulated that a bit ambiguous. What I meant was that they will be pushed off our list as most dangerous animals, not that they will go extinct or would lose to a competitor in a one-on-one fight.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
1. Alan.
2. Steve.
3. Big Lou.
4. Benny the fish.
5. Mickey D.
6. Large Marge.
7. Cindy Lou.
8. Small Alice.
9. Coco.
10. Fat Tony.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I guess I formulated that a bit ambiguous. What I meant was that they will be pushed off our list as most dangerous animals, not that they will go extinct or would lose to a competitor in a one-on-one fight.
I'm not sure. Killing via castration is a specialty of theirs. They may not kill many humans, but to the animals that do encounter them there are few things as dangerous, determined, and lethal.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
1. Alan.
2. Steve.
3. Big Lou.
4. Benny the fish.
5. Mickey D.
6. Large Marge.
7. Cindy Lou.
8. Small Alice.
9. Coco.
10. Fat Tony.