• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name Something Weird About You -- A Quirk You Have

Cooky

Veteran Member
Here's something about me... When I'm next to a busy street, or on a windy day, the background noises interrupt my thinking to where I have great difficulty concentrating.

I remember in the 6th grade when I was on the basketball team, we would have games at the civic center, and I remember the sound of the popcorn popping the gym shoes squeaking and all the cheering really disrupted me to the point I was like a shark having my nose rubbed... It literally puts me into a mental transe.

Anyone else face a disruption like this..? Or any other kind..?

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember the first time I used the London Underground. As a rural dweller, I am not used to being in crowded places in general and just assumed being on the way to the tube of all things would be the worst. Yet, as I found myself in the bustle of people, my first time ever there, I had a thought; I belong here. I can deal with this. I felt calm. Almost as though I were somehow at home in the free flowing chaos. It was odd.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I can't read without green tinted eye glasses.

I walk stiff backed because i have a spina bifida, it also means i dance like a poorly lubricated robot, i long to be able to do the Argentine tango.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I remember the first time I used the London Underground. As a rural dweller, I am not used to being in crowded places in general and just assumed being on the tube of all things would be the worst. Yet, as I found myself in the bustle of people, my first time ever there, I had a thought; I belong here. I can deal with this. I felt calm. Almost as though I were somehow at home in the free flowing chaos. It was odd.

I thought the same about the crowded Paris metro until some very sweaty/stinky guy reached up for one of the overhead straps and stuck his armpit in my nose for 20 minutes or so. When trains get that crowded moving is near impossible

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought the same about the crowded Paris metro until some very sweaty/stinky guy reached up for one of the overhead straps and stuck his armpit in my nose for 20 minutes or so. When trains get that crowded moving is near impossible
I don't mean the train itself I mean the moving through the subway area.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I cannot stand bad music, or what I consider to be bad music. At this time of year, when all the shops dig out their hackneyed selections of cloying Christmas-themed favourites, I find myself hurrying round the supermarket, trying to get out as fast as I can and muttering and swearing about how much I loathe each one: Rudolf the F-ing Reindeer, I'm dreaming of a **** Christmas, Jingle bleedin Bells, Here It Is, Merry Christmas, etc. It's the one time in the year when I really feel I am going mad.:mad:

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
I remember the first time I used the London Underground. As a rural dweller, I am not used to being in crowded places in general and just assumed being on the tube of all things would be the worst. Yet, as I found myself in the bustle of people, my first time ever there, I had a thought; I belong here. I can deal with this. I felt calm. Almost as though I were somehow at home in the free flowing chaos. It was odd.
This is a common experience. The Underground is, paradoxically a place to find peace and tranquility. I speak as a Londoner who has used the Underground since the age of nine, when I went to school on it. It's the anonymity. Nobody asks who you are or pays any attention to you (unless you are extraordinarily beautiful or weirdly dressed). It's a good place to read a book, or do your homework if you are a schoolkid.)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
When I sit on a toilet, my nose starts running like crazy.

giphy.gif

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I can't read without green tinted eye glasses.

I walk stiff backed because i have a spina bifida, it also means i dance like a poorly lubricated robot, i long to be able to do the Argentine tango.
You watching Strictly?
Bill Bailey is dancing a ballroom tango to Metallica's Enter Sandman on Saturday.
:guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

If he gets to the final I'm hoping for an AT to Slayer's Raining Blood!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Here's something about me... When I'm next to a busy street, or on a windy day, the background noises interrupt my thinking to where I have great difficulty concentrating.

I remember in the 6th grade when I was on the basketball team, we would have games at the civic center, and I remember the sound of the popcorn popping the gym shoes squeaking and all the cheering really disrupted me to the point I was like a shark having my nose rubbed... It literally puts me into a mental transe.

Anyone else face a disruption like this..? Or any other kind..?
I share that pain. Strange that I use white noise to drown it out. I also considered making a sound proof modular panic room to escape the noisy outside world or that gawd awful caterwalling teen garage band practicing thinking they will be famous.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Hmmm... Well, I don't get head aches, I don't get hang overs, and when I got my septum pierced, my eyes didn't even come close to watering. I feel like my brain must be missing something really important, but hey, I'm not complaining! :D

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I type with two finger. As long as I have used computers, I still type with two fingers. I envy those who can type with all their fingers. It's pure magic to a guy like me.:)

I know a lot of people who type with two fingers. I use all my fingers myself, as one of the most useful classes I took in school was typing. We had these IBM Selectric typewriters in my typing class.

My keyboard gets a lot of use. Several of the letters have faded out, but no matter.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know a lot of people who type with two fingers. I use all my fingers myself, as one of the most useful classes I took in school was typing. We had these IBM Selectric typewriters in my typing class.

My keyboard gets a lot of use. Several of the letters have faded out, but no matter.
You mean some of your keyboard letters are still visible?
Surely, you're not posting enuf.