• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name something still exclusively for boys in 2019?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
We had girls in Scouts when I was a youth member, and I grew up to join the army and kill people, "like a real man", just fine. OP is just having a self indulgent cry that society has changed and left him behind.
I have never been in the military and am a pacifist so i refuse that this what men should do. But men does not need to be Hard.

Jonathan Bailey

No, it's the PARENTS that screwed up. Mothers who did dope while pregnant and destroyed the baby's brain. They made children stupid in the womb and also with weird facial features like inbreds. Deadbeat fathers who are heals and don't pay child support. Parents who spoil their baby brats rotten instead of administering good old-fashioned spankings or scolding as needed and a good-old dutch-uncle lecture when needed.

We have witnessed the new-gen monsters that emerged from the wombs of crack moms.
The devil is having his crack party nowadays and dancing with joy among all his demons.
The Beast is loose. Hell has surfaced.

Mother Earth is doomed unless God Himself can save her.

I need to stop whining and pray hard. Damn hard!

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I have never been in the military and am a pacifist so i refuse that this what men should do. But men does not need to be Hard.
My comment was more for the benefit of the OP, with his stone age preconceptions of what a "real man" is. I was in scouts with girls, I believe I tick the boxes of what he thinks of as a "real man". Although I don't beat my children or think women should be chained to the kitchen, so maybe I don't, actually. And I'm surprisingly ok with that.

Kangaroo Feathers

No, it's the PARENTS that screwed up. Mothers who did dope while pregnant and destroyed the baby's brain. They made children stupid in the womb and also with weird facial features like inbreds. Deadbeat fathers who are heals and don't pay child support. Parents who spoil their baby brats rotten instead of administering good old-fashioned spankings or scolding as needed and a good-old dutch-uncle lecture when needed.

We have witnessed the new-gen monsters that emerged from the wombs of crack moms.
The devil is having his crack party nowadays and dancing with joy among all his demons.
The Beast is loose. Hell has surfaced.

Mother Earth is doomed unless God Himself can save her.

I need to stop whining and pray hard. Damn hard!

:rolleyes:

Kangaroo Feathers

Dude, television is not reality
Indeed, it is not, but some people long for a non-existent past they know of from The Waltons and similar. The fact such idyllic fantasy lands never existed and that people were beset by problems every bit as bad as today's, and sometimes quite a bit worse, at the time those shows are set, doesn't enter into it.

Imagine yourself trying to explain the plight of women and minorities, the prevalence of uncontrolled infectious diseases, the barbarity of dental technology in the past to someone with their eyes jammed shut, their fingers crammed in their ears and singing the Happy Days theme at the top of their lungs. That's pretty much how I visualise this discussion.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Oh, I thought it was liberal pressure from the media and legislation that forced Boy Scouts to accept females. Boy Scouts did this of its own free will? Nobody hen-pecked them into submission?

Private employers, speaking of private entities, (under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 legislation) can't lawfully refuse to hire me solely because I'm an older white male. I guess the civil rights laws don't pertain to private clubs, not-for-profit entities or churches which is why the Catholic church can still deny ordination to women.

I'm so sick of gender hypocrisy.

I would think the pressure of the the girls that filed law suits against them helped them make the decision to accept girls.

What I found crazy is the Girl Scouts which has long been an alternative for girls recently criticized the Boy Scouts for opening its doors to girls. “The need for female leadership has never been clearer or more urgent than it is today—and only Girl Scouts has the expertise to give girls and young women the tools they need for success,” the Girl Scouts said in a statement.

Do or don't, someone will always complain.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Yes, you go it!
You are ever so right to imagine this.

I don't have the means to start my own organization.
I can barely afford to pay the summer electric bill and my rent.

Those with means don't give a damn about boys and male bonding for them.
If that is the issue, why don't we honestly discuss that instead of being focused on politicized groups, rhetoric, and propaganda.

I am not sure what your experience is with kids but boys can participate in various groups. These include sports teams, camps, scouts, and various other clubs and organizations. For the many of these we see sex segregation. Is it complete segregation? No. But lets not pretend a youth football team or a youth soccer team with boys on the team isn't all boys the vast majority of the time. Now, sure some teams or groups may have a girl member. But are the boys really deprived of male bonding time?

I think you are greatly disconnected here. Go get a group of twelve little boys add one little girl to the mix and compare that with a group of 13 little boys. I don't think you will observe vastly different behavior. The truth is that boys get plenty of male bonding. The same is true for girls. More to the point, we see a spectrum of behaviors that are masculine and feminine. With this spectrum, it is the case that some kids with boy bits fit better in groups that are largely composed of kids with girl bits and vice versa.

The boy scouts letting in girls is hardly a problem. It isn't depriving boys of male bonding and it isn't changing the core experiences of boy scouts.

The truth is there are many problems and much discrimination faced by boys today. I think what you have brought up here is a non-issue. Convince me otherwise without appealing to rhetoric and propaganda.

Jonathan Bailey

If that is the issue, why don't we honestly discuss that instead of being focused on politicized groups, rhetoric, and propaganda.

I am not sure what your experience is with kids but boys can participate in various groups. These include sports teams, camps, scouts, and various other clubs and organizations. For the many of these we see sex segregation. Is it complete segregation? No. But lets not pretend a youth football team or a youth soccer team with boys on the team isn't all boys the vast majority of the time. Now, sure some teams or groups may have a girl member. But are the boys really deprived of male bonding time?

I think you are greatly disconnected here. Go get a group of twelve little boys add one little girl to the mix and compare that with a group of 13 little boys. I don't think you will observe vastly different behavior. The truth is that boys get plenty of male bonding. The same is true for girls. More to the point, we see a spectrum of behaviors that are masculine and feminine. With this spectrum, it is the case that some kids with boy bits fit better in groups that are largely composed of kids with girl bits and vice versa.

The boy scouts letting in girls is hardly a problem. It isn't depriving boys of male bonding and it isn't changing the core experiences of boy scouts.

The truth is there are many problems and much discrimination faced by boys today. I think what you have brought up here is a non-issue. Convince me otherwise without appealing to rhetoric and propaganda.

I will say no more on this thread after this.

I can't fix stupidity.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Not everyone had sons back in the day. Some only had daughter's and daughter's did the work of the males. However when there were sons, they did most of if not all of the farming manual labor.
Perhaps. Perhaps it’s an American thing. The idea of splitting up roles on a farm into women’s and men’s work seems alien.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Name something still exclusively for boys, in Western civilization and culture, that is man-made (not provided by nature) in 2019? We all know what nature provides the male sex.

I bet you'd be hard-pressed to figure this one out.

It could be an event, thing, commercial product, social position, occupation, organization, etc.

Sadly, the word BOY in BOY SCOUTS seems to no longer imply male-only these days.

What part of "boy" do these new-world idiots not understand?
I went to an all boy catholic high school

it's gone

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Boy Scouts used to teach MALE youth and only MALE youth to be self-reliant and good citizens. They taught them proper virtues like not stealing, lying, cussing, chewing and cheating as well as honor for country and God. They were taught to treat a lady right. They frowned upon alcohol use, drug use and smoking. They never condoned/approved of the "things men are still allowed to get away with" above in red text but rather guided boys to grow to be men of good moral character.
I never claimed otherwise. However, I did mention that some boys and men are not allowed to join over stupid reasons. It's their club, so it's whatever, but I do remind them their policies are still exclusivist and bigoted when I tell them I'm not buying whatever they're selling. They claim to love and honor country and god, but their policies are not congruent with the First Amendment (possibly unarguably our most sacred and cherished right) and not even Jesus was fond of excluding people from his presence over insignificant, trivial non-issues that are no one's business.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Finally prisons are segregated based on sex.
Good point. Nothing but good 'ole fashioned tough guy bonding going on there. Unless it's too much maleness there, because "good 'ole fashioned payback" is paid back in interest there, and just like those good 'ole fashioned rough-n-tumble cowboys words are as empty as air and acts of violence demonstrate one's "manliness."

Darkforbid

Yep, steam traction engines were available. Not sure if they were widely available then but this electric car 1888
220px-Flocken_7_1888.jpg