• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name of God is God

No. You'd have to use synomns to causes and uncause. It's sounds more like sally sold sea shells at the sea shore.

I'd say there is no origin or something that puts everything in motion. Instead, reality (I guess) by definition is motion. A interweaven process of cause and effect. No cause. Pure momentum.

You and I and all are part of this momentum and a good way to experience this for many is through basic meditation, prayer, so have you.

Outside of that, I'm not sure of what you're saying.
The known universe is made up of causes. So I understand it to be caused.

Now either there is an infinite series of causes that lead up to our known universe or one unique cause.

There has to be an existence without an origin. And a cause or a series of causes without a first cause needs an existence which has no beginning.

And existence which has no beginning needs no god.

Now the God of the Hebrews has an identity and a Name, which can be translated as the "self Existent one." And an existence without any beginning is self existent. So I conclude the God the Hebrews worship is the Existence without a beinning and there being no other god.

[And personally this is the God I know. So by actually knowing God I cannot deny Him. And personality I came to know God by believing in His Son as the Christ.]

That doesn't make sense, though. It's saying love gives love to others rather than love being worthy and the ability of it's own to Be the love in others. Not given but realized.

For example, a mother who gives love to her children doesn't give love as something seperate that interacts with children (like a force etc). She Is the love for her children. Given, here, is talking about she gives "herself" for the well-being of her children.

What's the difference between spirit (god) and spirit (say love)?

If god is love, why does he need to give something (say the gift of love) when he can "give" himself (as love)? (Assuming he doesn't need to be an incarnation to do so)
God is love is an attribute.
God being a Spirit is what He is by means He is One God.

* Existence without a beginning.
Existence and Cause are distinct.
* Cause without a beginning needs the existence without a beginning to be the Cause to not have a beginning.
* The Spirit without a beginning is the what and who makes all three the same God.

No. You'd have to use synomns to causes and uncause. It's sounds more like sally sold sea shells at the sea shore.

I'd say there is no origin or something that puts everything in motion. Instead, reality (I guess) by definition is motion. A interweaven process of cause and effect. No cause. Pure momentum.

You and I and all are part of this momentum and a good way to experience this for many is through basic meditation, prayer, so have you.

Outside of that, I'm not sure of what you're saying.
Ok.
A cause or motion is finite. And contentingent on an existence in order to be.

An existence without a beginning.

Last edited:

Bird123

In English, we call God the God. Thus, His name is God.

Am I really wrong here?

God actually has no name. Want to hear something else very interesting? Each of us actually has no name either. Everyone already knows who everyone is.

Names are a creation of mankind as a label for identity before those driver's licenses were invented as identity to give us a number. Many have the same name, however I bet very very few, if any, have the same number.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
That doesn't make sense, though. It's saying love gives love to others rather than love being worthy and the ability of it's own to Be the love in others. Not given but realized.

For example, a mother who gives love to her children doesn't give love as something seperate that interacts with children (like a force etc). She Is the love for her children. Given, here, is talking about she gives "herself" for the well-being of her children.

What's the difference between spirit (god) and spirit (say love)?

If god is love, why does he need to give something (say the gift of love) when he can "give" himself (as love)? (Assuming he doesn't need to be an incarnation to do so)

Well maybe the spirit isn't love? Love is a feeling and action. But it is expressed with tools, such as our mouth and hands. Love isn't a physical or metaphysical (I mean by this spirit world-ish) thing that can interact with the world. It is just a concept to describe certain feelings and intent behind actions.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well maybe the spirit isn't love? Love is a feeling and action. But it is expressed with tools, such as our mouth and hands. Love isn't a physical or metaphysical (I mean by this spirit world-ish) thing that can interact with the world. It is just a concept to describe certain feelings and intent behind actions.

Speaking from christian view (playing devil's advocate), though, holy spirit is defined as love and grace of god received through faith in christ. God (spirit) gave the holy spirit (love) as an incarnation so those who believe in the incarnation experience the spirit (love) thereby be one or in union with god (spirit).

Taking out jesus, though, if god gives love to people who have faith to receive it, how does he do so if he is love itself. I think christians solve this problem by jesus as an incarnation but without the incarnation (before jesus was born) how did god give his love if he was love itself.

capumetu

Am I really wrong here?

Am I really wrong here?
Yes, that is incorrect. God is a title, and there are many gods. Jesus, God's son told us God's name, and of course his followers reveal it as well. Most versions of the Bible reveal His name at Psalms 83:18 which reads: May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.