• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NAACP issues travel advisory for Florida...

Kfox

If they are enforced strictly and suddenly, yes.
No
Years ago the work was done by unpaid non-volunteers from Africa.
Not in the USA it wasn’t, we never had non-volunteers from Africa doing such work
You have always had a underclass to exploit, since the beginning to now.
Well if we enforced our immigration laws, farmers would be forced to pay their workers a better wage because legal citizens demand better wages.
As you say, just another way to cheat the system.
Well enforcing our immigration laws will take away at least one way of cheating the system. It may only be a drop; in the bucket, but at least it’s a drop!

Kfox

Is this funny? Is it sad? Is it both? Perhaps the French word "triste" might be better?

The NAACP has issued a travel advisory for Florida, stating that the state is "openly hostile to African Americans, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals."

But this is the naked truth -- Ron DeSantis is invoking a very real war on a multiplicity of the cultures and communities that make up the US (and his state) for the sole purpose of establishing himself as the carrier of the Republican Flag in the 2024 election.

All the gains, all that we've learned about each other, all the ways in which we have tried to come together and appreciate one another -- all of it -- is to be thrown under the bus so that he can be MR. BIG in the US instead of the wispy-haired pumpkin.

Who are you, America? I mean it -- who are you?
IMO the NAACP has lost all credibility and should not be taken seriously any more.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are aware that there are far more white people on welfare than black folk; are you?
Sure.
It's also designed to keep them down.
But the issue is Democrats having been not
so friendly to black folk for a couple centuries.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And yet, to discuss or debate that would be considered Critical Race Theory.
And since the Republicans are banning the teaching of that in schools, soon nobody will know what you're talking about.
Much discussion happens outside of public schools.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Some irony there, fella.

I mingle with racists, commies, sexists, & religious zealots.
Why should I deny them my positive influence?
Reminds me of Cracker. His real name is/was (I've nothing of him in many years now) Mike, but the kind if person he is people call him Cracker. He's the one who even gave my brother his nickname of the Gimp, a result of their first time meeting each other which happened when they met as cellmates.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You mean how black people just keep popping out kids for tax money and wont get off their lazy asses and get a job? Are those the discussions you have in mind? That's a good chunk of those discussions happening in Indiana.
I wasn't thinking of that one.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Reminds me of Cracker. His real name is/was (I've nothing of him in many years now) Mike, but the kind if person he is people call him Cracker. He's the one who even gave my brother his nickname of the Gimp, a result of their first time meeting each other which happened when they met as cellmates.
I'm called neither Cracker nor Gimp.

Kfox

Sure.
It's also designed to keep them down.
But the issue is Democrats having been not
so friendly to black folk for a couple centuries.
It's just that you brought up welfare as if it's something that mostly applies to black people, so I had to say something.

Kfox

Is this funny? Is it sad? Is it both? Perhaps the French word "triste" might be better?

The NAACP has issued a travel advisory for Florida, stating that the state is "openly hostile to African Americans, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals."

But this is the naked truth -- Ron DeSantis is invoking a very real war on a multiplicity of the cultures and communities that make up the US (and his state) for the sole purpose of establishing himself as the carrier of the Republican Flag in the 2024 election.

All the gains, all that we've learned about each other, all the ways in which we have tried to come together and appreciate one another -- all of it -- is to be thrown under the bus so that he can be MR. BIG in the US instead of the wispy-haired pumpkin.

Who are you, America? I mean it -- who are you?
With so many successfully owned black business in the state of Florida, I find it comical an organization that is supposed to be looking out for the benefit of black people, are claiming it is dangerous for us there.