• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Myths about the human brain

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are all well & enjoying your time here on the forum.

I wasn't really looking for myths about the brain but found this site which is interesting at least in my humble little old opinion -

Myth 6: Drinking Alcohol Kills Brain Cells

Fact: Partly related to the myth that we never grow new neurons is the idea that drinking alcohol can lead to cell death in the brain. Drink too much or too often, some people might warn, and you'll lose precious brain cells that you can never get back. We've already learned that adults do indeed get new brain cells throughout life, but could drinking alcohol really kill brain cells?

While excessive or chronic alcohol abuse can certainly have dire health consequences, experts do not believe that drinking causes neurons to die.5

So that is a load off! :)

Read the rest here - it's an excellent site -

8 Myths About the Brain Debunked

Also scroll down the bottom for more articles at that site!

Enjoy your day!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hope you are all well & enjoying your time here on the forum.

I wasn't really looking for myths about the brain but found this site which is interesting at least in my humble little old opinion -

Myth 6: Drinking Alcohol Kills Brain Cells

Fact: Partly related to the myth that we never grow new neurons is the idea that drinking alcohol can lead to cell death in the brain. Drink too much or too often, some people might warn, and you'll lose precious brain cells that you can never get back. We've already learned that adults do indeed get new brain cells throughout life, but could drinking alcohol really kill brain cells?

While excessive or chronic alcohol abuse can certainly have dire health consequences, experts do not believe that drinking causes neurons to die.5

So that is a load off! :)

Read the rest here - it's an excellent site -

8 Myths About the Brain Debunked

Also scroll down the bottom for more articles at that site!

Enjoy your day!
Cool. You're so thoughtful of me you posted the one in that list I didn't know. You should be the new Ms Cleo. :p