• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mystical Experience and Cultural Interpretation

mystic64

nolonger active
SpentaMaynu, I think that what you have posted as a hope that the masses will realize, is something that you would have to be an example of to truly share that message with those masses. And you would have to do something that puts you into the forefront of notoriety or you would just find yourself a lone voice in a windy wilderness :) . I like your goals though! They have not any flaws as far as i can see.

"the purposes of many mystics is to get people to experence God for themselves." The problem is that most mystics are not actually experiencing God, they just think that they are. If a mystic (or anybody else for that matter) is truly experiencing God, then anyone that is around them will also find themselves quietly experiencing God. And, those that do not want to experience God will not be around them. Because, those that do not want to experience God are very sensitive to the presence of God in other folks (you can mask that experience though :) so that you do not scare those people away, if you should wish to do that) . Experiencing God is something that you can share with others, but you can not teach it. And it is not that there are not rules, because there are rules. Basically extreme humbleness and total vulnerability are the key to it. Otherwise one creates ripples on the face of a totally quiet pond which then causes God to becomes a demon that terrifies you. And the demon is not actually God, the demon (your fear) is you :) .

SpentaMaynu, I am sorry about being so late with this post. My computer bit the the dust and it has taken me a while to get it fixed.

Last edited:

SpentaMaynu

One God, All in all
I think that what you have posted as a hope that the masses will realize, is something that you would have to be an example of to truly share that message with those masses. And you would have to do something that puts you into the forefront of notoriety or you would just find yourself a lone voice in a windy wilderness :) . I like your goals though! They have not any flaws as far as i can see.

Thank you mystic64 :D. We're more or less thinking along the same lines. It comes back to what you said earlier about giving disciples an anchor - I don't think this always means to physically go to the disciples/masses and telling them something but also in what they see you do. However, even with our hope that they will realize or experience for themselves, our own focus is never the people but always God. That is after all what made us mystics in the first place, isn't it? Then it won't matter if we do something notorious or stay in the background...

If a mystic (or anybody else for that matter) is truly experiencing God, then anyone that is around them will also find themselves quietly experiencing God. And, those that do not want to experience God will not be around them. Because, those that do not want to experience God are very sensitive to the presence of God in other folks (you can mask that experience though :) so that you do not scare those people away, if you should wish to do that) . Experiencing God is something that you can share with others, but you can not teach it.

Exactly! I always love to see that there is others who also realize this simple rule. People ask me questions like "so, are you doing missionary work or preach?" And my answer is "well, do you want me to?" Point is they already know by my actions, my activities, my way of talking etc. that something is different. If a mystic is truly experiencing God, people around them knows it and as you said some even experience a bit of it. They do not always understand it, but those who are ready are usually those who want more and thus they ask questions - and that is a precious moment awaited by the mystic to tell...

SpentaMaynu, I am sorry about being so late with this post. My computer bit the the dust and it has taken me a while to get it fixed.

Lol no problem, as you can see I'm late myself. I'm not always able to come on the net so grab the opportunities I get. Rich blessings for you

mystic64

nolonger active
Thank you mystic64 :D. We're more or less thinking along the same lines. It comes back to what you said earlier about giving disciples an anchor - I don't think this always means to physically go to the disciples/masses and telling them something but also in what they see you do. However, even with our hope that they will realize or experience for themselves, our own focus is never the people but always God. That is after all what made us mystics in the first place, isn't it? Then it won't matter if we do something notorious or stay in the background...

Exactly! I always love to see that there is others who also realize this simple rule. People ask me questions like "so, are you doing missionary work or preach?" And my answer is "well, do you want me to?" Point is they already know by my actions, my activities, my way of talking etc. that something is different. If a mystic is truly experiencing God, people around them knows it and as you said some even experience a bit of it. They do not always understand it, but those who are ready are usually those who want more and thus they ask questions - and that is a precious moment awaited by the mystic to tell...

Lol no problem, as you can see I'm late myself. I'm not always able to come on the net so grab the opportunities I get. Rich blessings for you

SpentaMaynu, yours and my experiences seem to have and are traveling down the same road :) . I wait for the question also, but this is with the understanding that everybody is different and the answer has to be presented in a way that fits into that difference. Which is why I do not preach :) . Other than love there is no one answer for everybody when it comes to sharing the mystic experience.

Rich blessings to you also!