• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mysterious shiny monolith found in Utah desert

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
2020 would be perfectly rounded out by discovery of aliens. So at this point I rule out nothing lol.
They might even have a spare seat for someone about Trump's size, and for whom they would like to give a nice long tour of the universe. :praying:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
They might even have a spare seat for someone about Trump's size, and for whom they would like to give a nice long tour of the universe. :praying:

That would make Trump the universal representative of humanity to all alien races though...

Earth would be destroyed within a week. :facepalm:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I reckon god put it there because the dinosaur fossils he planted millions of years before he built earth are not as effective as they were.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I'd like to see a detailed analysis of the metal isotopes. This could give evidence for an earthly or non-earthly origin.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If you ask me, it looks like an early production set of Star Trek where William Shatner, aka Capt Kirk battles Leonard Nimoy, aka spock for possession of his ears.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd like to see a detailed analysis of the metal isotopes. This could give evidence for an earthly or non-earthly origin.
And dust it for tentacle prints.
giphy.gif

epronovost

I serioulsy doubt they will do that. Those tests can be expansive and it's not like it's almost certainl either an art exposition or a publicity stunt (or both).

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This sounds like a Mediaeval newspaper report.

Look at that shiny metal thing that we don't know what it is! It's the magic again.
You're right.

Better burn it, just to be on the safe side.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is interesting, but not as interesting as the Georgia Guidestones, which are creepy as ****. They still don't now who was really behind it as the person was using a pseudonym.

Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia

I was reading the Wiki article about this, and they said it had been targeted by vandalism and graffiti. I guess they could have avoided that if they had put it out in the middle of nowhere, like this monolith, but then no one would have seen it.

I sincerely hope that whoever put it there remains anonymous and that they have successfully eliminated all clues and evidence of not only who they are, but how they got it there.

I agree, but alas suspect the opposite will happen. Now that it's in the media, I suspect multiple people will step up and say it was them (which may have the same effect and not being able to verify who actually did it). Much like the crop circles, most people who do these things, which I think are funny and should continue, generally want the recognition for their work.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
2020 would be perfectly rounded out by discovery of aliens. So at this point I rule out nothing lol.
Aliens could be friendly.

According to how some people look at 2020, it would have to be aliens who blast everything in sight into small pieces.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Mysterious monolith disappears from remote desert in southeast Utah - Deseret News

SALT LAKE CITY — The monolith that was first noticed by a team of biologists in a helicopter above the Utah wilderness more than a week ago has disappeared.

Utah Bureau of Land Management officials say the 10- to 12-foot tall steel structure went missing sometime Friday night. BLM spokeswoman Kimberly Finch said the monolith was taken by an unknown party and was not removed by the state agency.

The mysterious monolith was somehow installed deep into Utah’s remote red rock country and received widespread national and international interest after it was first spotted by Utah Department of Wildlife Resources biologists on an errand surveying bighorn sheep on Nov. 18. The tall, shiny object appeared on satellite images sometime between August 2015 and October 2016.

Hundreds of tourists attempted to see it in the last week, with cars lined up near the area as late as Saturday, when hikers were alerting drivers that the monolith was no longer where it had been.

State officials quickly debunked the idea that the monolith was put there by space aliens, and said it would not have been easy to place, regardless of who did it, as roads leading to the area follow rough and hazardous terrain. And they discouraged visitors to the area.

The Utah Department of Heritage and Arts released a statement on Facebook saying the contemporary monolith, though artistic, should not be compared to indigenous rock art, such as ancient petroglyphs, pictographs and rock art that are protected archaeological treasures with historical significance.

The department emphasized that “while the monolith has better craftsmanship than graffiti, this is still vandalism.”

“It irreversibly altered the natural environment on public lands. While the monolith is interesting, we cannot condone vandalism of any type.”

Because the monolith is private property, the investigation into its disappearance will be continued by the sheriff’s office in San Juan County.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Its "mysterious" disappearance has even made French news, before the Sarkozy corruption piece.

How important is that?