• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Worst WalMart Experience - EVER!

nutshell

You are assuming many things here. This might have been a first time for them to do this. I would not have thought of how long this might take until I witnessed it, or were in a position to have to use it.

It's just my feeling that we judge each other way too harshly and don't take the time to be kind. I am learning how to not let these trivial inconveniences bother me. Often I place myself in their shoes. How focused are they on their task? Why do they have all those ONEs? Do they look stressed? Quite often I can easily see the reasons they made the decision they did.

Not long ago, I found myself getting aggravated with a cashier: she seemed to want to talk to each and every customer IN DEPTH, quite often stopping the whole process just to chat. I was in a hurry and getting no where fast. Then I realized, that she had no idea about my tight time schedule. On top of that, I was at fault for not doing this earlier. So I got mad at myself instead. Perhaps next time I will plan a bit better.

Some things are just out of our control. Getting angry only makes the time go slower. Find the humor in the situation or something else to distract you. More and more I find myself refusing to allow others to control my feelings. I will choose to be happy or not and I will not let others determine that for me.

Well, in case you missed it, I posted I was more amused than anything else.

lizskid

BANNED
Well, besides almost any time I have tried to return anything....
My worst experience was one day, as I was just walking in, the cart gathering person shoved a whole bunch of carts into a row, the row moved out and hit my ankle hard. I was so caught off guard I did saw ***t loudly, and then limped away. No one cared or apologized until a long while later, some ***'t manager came to me and asked if I was ok, which I basically was although still sore, and apologized. I suggested that they please make sure that doesn't happen to anyone else in the future.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
OK, folks and hippies. I'd like to share my worst WalMart experience. It happened just before Easter. I had to make a quick run to pick up a last minute item on a Saturday night after 9:00 p.m. I figured going that late would be short lines, but I should have known better. After all, it's WalMart. Well, it picked up my item and went to the checkout lines. They were some of the longest lines I'd ever seen. I thought perhaps others had last minute Easter shopping to do, but half the people waiting were wearing turbins so I'm guessing not. Well, I went to the self-check line and was happy to see it moving quickly. In front of me were two women. They bought a pile of Easter stuff (they weren't wearing turbins - they were Hispanic/Latina). Their total came to $37 and some change. I was excited that it was my turn next (the line actually was pretty long). Then guess what happened....the two women decided to pay the total with $1 bills. That's right. One pulled out a huge wad of $1 bills and one by one, they fed the bills into the cash box thingy. Of course, the cash box thingy doesn't always accept the bills because they are wrinkled or bent or ...etc. I was unwilling to switch lines so I waited and waited and waited and waited. Finally, they put in 38 $1 bills, took their change and left. It drove me nuts. I was so angry by the end of this.

Moral of the story: Do I blame WalMart? No - I blame the two women who choose to be in the self check line when all they had was $1 bills. They should have gone to a cashier.

It's the whole concept of being courteous and thoughtful. Some people can't manage to be either. These types of things are frustrating.

Although we typically come out cheaper at Wal-Mart...we'll go to two, even three stores to get our shopping done these days to bypass the madness which is Wal-Mart.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Although we typically come out cheaper at Wal-Mart...we'll go to two, even three stores to get our shopping done these days to bypass the madness which is Wal-Mart.

When I can, that's exactly what I do, too. It just seems like there's so many crowds and the people don't connect to each other as human beings. (People glare at me when I smile at them and practically try to drive their carts into me.) None of my experiences have been as bad as lizskid's, but it's more just collective nastiness that wears at your soul after awhile.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Well, besides almost any time I have tried to return anything....
My worst experience was one day, as I was just walking in, the cart gathering person shoved a whole bunch of carts into a row, the row moved out and hit my ankle hard. I was so caught off guard I did saw ***t loudly, and then limped away. No one cared or apologized until a long while later, some ***'t manager came to me and asked if I was ok, which I basically was although still sore, and apologized. I suggested that they please make sure that doesn't happen to anyone else in the future.

I am amazed that you have ever had any trouble returning anything. Walmart has taken back anything I have ever wanted to return without a question. That is one reason why I like to shop there is that I know if anything goes wrong I can return it.

lizskid

BANNED
Oh, they take it back once you finally get through the snail paced line, OR wait until someone if FINALLY at the service desk.