• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Worst WalMart Experience - EVER!

nutshell

OK, folks and hippies. I'd like to share my worst WalMart experience. It happened just before Easter. I had to make a quick run to pick up a last minute item on a Saturday night after 9:00 p.m. I figured going that late would be short lines, but I should have known better. After all, it's WalMart. Well, it picked up my item and went to the checkout lines. They were some of the longest lines I'd ever seen. I thought perhaps others had last minute Easter shopping to do, but half the people waiting were wearing turbins so I'm guessing not. Well, I went to the self-check line and was happy to see it moving quickly. In front of me were two women. They bought a pile of Easter stuff (they weren't wearing turbins - they were Hispanic/Latina). Their total came to $37 and some change. I was excited that it was my turn next (the line actually was pretty long). Then guess what happened....the two women decided to pay the total with $1 bills. That's right. One pulled out a huge wad of $1 bills and one by one, they fed the bills into the cash box thingy. Of course, the cash box thingy doesn't always accept the bills because they are wrinkled or bent or ...etc. I was unwilling to switch lines so I waited and waited and waited and waited. Finally, they put in 38 $1 bills, took their change and left. It drove me nuts. I was so angry by the end of this.

Moral of the story: Do I blame WalMart? No - I blame the two women who choose to be in the self check line when all they had was $1 bills. They should have gone to a cashier.

Hacker

I HATE Wallmart, I used to just deal with it but I've recently decided to shop at Target and it's SO much nicer. It may cost more money to shop there but the lines are much shorter and the store is just better in general in my opinion.:)

nutshell

I HATE Wallmart, I used to just deal with it but I've recently decided to shop at Target and it's SO much nicer. It may cost more money to shop there but the lines are much shorter and the store is just better in general in my opinion.:)

That may be true, but my problem wasn't with WalMart, it was with the silly girls.

cardero

Citizen Mod
mrscardero just had an episode at Walmart. She bought a bottle of perfume but they forgot to put it in the bag because the cashier was having an altercation with her superior (probably about not having a union) and mrscardero noticed the perfume bottle was missing when she arrived in our driveway and had to immediately call them to arrange a way to pick it up at a future date. The next day after work she returned to Walmart and they were expecting her and had a bottle of her brand perfume at the customer service counter. I'm going to have to remember that trick next time they forget to put my PS3 in the bag.

vandervalley

so how long did the two women take ? 5 minutes?

Maybe they had too many spare $1 bills so i dont see anything wrong with spending them in buying useful stuffs.

Besides it's not against the law or anyhting.

To be honest; sometimes i do that as well. :p

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
In front of me were two women. They bought a pile of Easter stuff (they weren't wearing turbins - they were Hispanic/Latina). Their total came to $37 and some change. I was excited that it was my turn next (the line actually was pretty long). Then guess what happened....the two women decided to pay the total with $1 bills. That's right. One pulled out a huge wad of $1 bills and one by one, they fed the bills into the cash box thingy. Of course, the cash box thingy doesn't always accept the bills because they are wrinkled or bent or ...etc. I was unwilling to switch lines so I waited and waited and waited and waited. Finally, they put in 38 $1 bills, took their change and left. It drove me nuts. I was so angry by the end of this.

Moral of the story: Do I blame WalMart? No - I blame the two women who choose to be in the self check line when all they had was $1 bills. They should have gone to a cashier.
Could be waitresses spending their tip money. They probably work for tips. Not likely to be cab drivers or pizza delivery, women just don't feel safe doing that. Come to think of it, strippers could get some great accessories for their bunny outfits during an Easter sale. Could you tell what they do for a living just by how they were dressed?

nutshell

so how long did the two women take ? 5 minutes?

Maybe they had too many spare $1 bills so i dont see anything wrong with spending them in buying useful stuffs.

Besides it's not against the law or anyhting.

To be honest; sometimes i do that as well. :p

IT was at least 5 minutes and what's wrong with that is they're holding up the line. They should NOT have used self-check. They should have gone to the cashier.

Would you use self-check and $1 bills?

PureX

Veteran Member
I am sometimes amused and amazed by how completely oblivious some people are of other people around them.

nutshell

Could be waitresses spending their tip money. They probably work for tips. Not likely to be cab drivers or pizza delivery, women just don't feel safe doing that. Come to think of it, strippers could get some great accessories for their bunny outfits during an Easter sale. Could you tell what they do for a living just by how they were dressed?

Nope.

PureX

Veteran Member
I was probably more amused than angry. I kept thinking "Is this really happening?"
I hear ya. I used to get a real kick out of following some folks in line at the McDonald's drive-throughs in Chicago. It seemed to me that the poorer the folks were that were ordering (as evidenced by their car) the more explicit their orders would be. Every item would have to be specially made as per their detailed instructions. And then they would change their minds three or for times while ordering, and even after ordering, they'd change their minds again at the window. It was like a Saturday Night Live skit or something.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
THERE IS NO BAD WAL-MART, JUST BAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! Wal-Mart RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

PureX= there is nothing more that urks me than people who pull up to a drive thru and can't figure out what to order!!!!!!!!!! If somebody is in the car with me and can't make up their minds, I just drive forward and they go hungry. When a person in front of me feels the need to "read" the menu: I start yelling out my window at them! "What? You've never been to Mc Donalds before? Go inside for the picture menu! @$%# you, move your car and go inside! The drive thru is for people on the run!!!!!!!!!! Make up your damn mind or move on hippie!!!!!!!"

OH I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People holding up lines.... even at Wal-Mart! Its enough to drive you mad!!!!! (but Wal-Mart rules still.... despite the dumb people that bug us) :yes:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Slow down, you move too fast!
You have to make the morning last!
Just skipping down the cobblestone
Looking for fun and all is groovy!

It just amazes me how impatient/intolerant people can be: me included. There are no signs prohibiting the use of ones at the machine. If they are playing by the rules, then there is really no need to get exasperated. Unfortunately, I suffer from the same "they are impeding" me phobia.

But, I am doing better. When someone wants to cut in, I let him. Sure, I still use my horn when someone does this without "asking" and puts me and my passengers in peril. But I am learning how to just be nice and patient.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I've gotten rotten food on more than one occasion.
Let me just say that rotten Prosutio is really nasty... slimy, foul, meat.
After more than one experience in a short span of time I gave up on Wal-mart food.
ick

wa:do

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I've gotten rotten food on more than one occasion.
Let me just say that rotten Prosutio is really nasty... slimy, foul, meat.
After more than one experience in a short span of time I gave up on Wal-mart food.
ick

wa:do

yeah.... I love wal-mart but I don't buy meat there.....

What the heck is Prosutio?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
OK, folks and hippies. I'd like to share my worst WalMart experience. It happened just before Easter. I had to make a quick run to pick up a last minute item on a Saturday night after 9:00 p.m. I figured going that late would be short lines, but I should have known better. After all, it's WalMart. Well, it picked up my item and went to the checkout lines. They were some of the longest lines I'd ever seen. I thought perhaps others had last minute Easter shopping to do, but half the people waiting were wearing turbins so I'm guessing not. Well, I went to the self-check line and was happy to see it moving quickly. In front of me were two women. They bought a pile of Easter stuff (they weren't wearing turbins - they were Hispanic/Latina). Their total came to $37 and some change. I was excited that it was my turn next (the line actually was pretty long). Then guess what happened....the two women decided to pay the total with $1 bills. That's right. One pulled out a huge wad of $1 bills and one by one, they fed the bills into the cash box thingy. Of course, the cash box thingy doesn't always accept the bills because they are wrinkled or bent or ...etc. I was unwilling to switch lines so I waited and waited and waited and waited. Finally, they put in 38 $1 bills, took their change and left. It drove me nuts. I was so angry by the end of this.

I really really really do not like long lines or crowds or most people for that matter...

anyway, I figured out the absolute best time to shop at walmart in Tuscaloosa is to go right during an Alabama football game. The whole town looks like the rapture took place, it is beautiful.

you know, evil walmart is just trying to get rid of jobs and throw would be employees out on the street with those self check lanes. Evil walmart. evil evil evil.

I wish I could become king for a year and force every American to read Frederic Bastiat until they could recite it by heart...

nutshell

Slow down, you move too fast!
You have to make the morning last!
Just skipping down the cobblestone
Looking for fun and all is groovy!

It just amazes me how impatient/intolerant people can be: me included. There are no signs prohibiting the use of ones at the machine. If they are playing by the rules, then there is really no need to get exasperated. Unfortunately, I suffer from the same "they are impeding" me phobia.

But, I am doing better. When someone wants to cut in, I let him. Sure, I still use my horn when someone does this without "asking" and puts me and my passengers in peril. But I am learning how to just be nice and patient.

You're right, there are not rules prohibiting the use of ones at the machines. But why do you let people cut in front of you? Common courtesy. Why should they NOT have used the machine with ones? Common courtesy.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
You're right, there are not rules prohibiting the use of ones at the machines. But why do you let people cut in front of you? Common courtesy. Why should they NOT have used the machine with ones? Common courtesy.
You are assuming many things here. This might have been a first time for them to do this. I would not have thought of how long this might take until I witnessed it, or were in a position to have to use it.

It's just my feeling that we judge each other way too harshly and don't take the time to be kind. I am learning how to not let these trivial inconveniences bother me. Often I place myself in their shoes. How focused are they on their task? Why do they have all those ONEs? Do they look stressed? Quite often I can easily see the reasons they made the decision they did.

Not long ago, I found myself getting aggravated with a cashier: she seemed to want to talk to each and every customer IN DEPTH, quite often stopping the whole process just to chat. I was in a hurry and getting no where fast. Then I realized, that she had no idea about my tight time schedule. On top of that, I was at fault for not doing this earlier. So I got mad at myself instead. Perhaps next time I will plan a bit better.

Some things are just out of our control. Getting angry only makes the time go slower. Find the humor in the situation or something else to distract you. More and more I find myself refusing to allow others to control my feelings. I will choose to be happy or not and I will not let others determine that for me.