• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Wife said something pretty BIG to me tonight.... (All people here are welcome to read and reply)

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Methinks, you're blessed to have a wife who supports you in the way she does.

I concur.

I think your path is a blessed one. Keep your faith. In love and with unselfish understanding...think of what can be accomplished for a greater good. Be blessed.

InChrist

Free4ever
I appreciate you sharing this, SageTree, and your desire to put spiritual matters first in you life. Your wife sounds like a very caring, thoughtful, and selfless person who loves and respects you, her husband. I am going to give my perspective as others have, but I am hoping and praying you will seek and follow God's will about something as important and life changing as this over the advice of others, including mine and even your wife's or your own will.

My perspective is that I don't think God would desire you and your wife to be separated. I say this because the biblical picture of marriage is the love and oneness of Christ and the church, His bride. The scriptures reveal the mystery that a good, loving, God-honoring marriage where the husband and wife loves and serves the other demonstrates the sacrificial love of Christ. This picture seems to be more and more of a rarity in the world today. I think realistically that it would be difficult for a husband and wife to present this picture in any practical, meaningful way with extended weeks or years of separation. You and your wife are visibly showing Christ's love to the world now, Do you think God wants that to end?

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. Ephesians 5:25-32

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe we should start a thread on comparative monastic traditions.

That would be a great idea IMHO! I'm a little pushed for time tonight but if no one puts it up tonight, I will pop up a thread on it in comparative religion tomorrow :namaste

Vouthon

Staff member
Premium Member
Oops, on the last page I put my own words by accident in a quote box. To avoid confusion, these following words are mine rather than the author of the article on contemplative orders:

However I wish to put before you some other choices. You can live a monastic-like life in the world. You do not have to flee to the monastery cell. You can build a cell of self-knowledge in your heart and take it around with you everywhere. The cloister is within, the building is conducive for some specially called for such but not necessary.

Vouthon

Staff member
Premium Member
Just to add, if you are the touristie type of guy :D

A fantastic retreat centre near my neck of the woods is Iona in Scotland. It is a small island in the Inner Hebrides and was a centre of Irish monasticism for centuries. It is a popular tourist destination and a place for spiritual retreats.

In the 1930s the island was settled by the Iona Community. From wiki:

In 1938 George MacLeod founded the Iona Community, an ecumenical Christian community of men and women from different walks of life and different traditions in the Christian church committed to seeking new ways of living the Gospel of Jesus in today's world. This community is a leading force in the present Celtic Christian revival.
The Iona Community runs 3 residential centres on the Isle of Iona and on Mull. These are places of welcome and engagement giving a unique opportunity to live together in community with people of every background from all over the world. Weeks at the centres often follow a programme related to the concerns of the Iona Community

Here is the website of the Iona Community:

Welcome to the Iona Community - A Christian ecumenical community

It is an ecumenical community of Presbyterians, Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans and many other Christian denominations who offer retreats on the island with beautiful houses of prayer and idyllic countryside ripe for contemplation and solitude. It is open to people of all religions for retreat.

My cousin, a good bit older than me (in his forties actually) goes on retreats to Iona every year.

People come from all around the world to Iona for prayer.

Here is a description of the Catholic House of Prayer:

Roman Catholic House of Prayer. Isle of iona Argyll Scotland

The Catholic House of Prayer – Iona

Single and twin rooms are available for pilgrims of all faiths, on private retreat. An additional room, free of charge, is available for a supply priest. The Blessed Sacrament is reserved in a small Oratory in the house.

The Warden Tel: 01681 700369
Email: [email protected] Web: www.catholic-iona.com

That's the one my cousin stays in :)

So if you ever get the chance to visit the UK, I would go brother :D

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Thanks to you all.

I wish to think a little more before I speak (this time ;) )

But I wanted to say thank you all for your thoughts and ideas so far.

:namaste

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Wow. I've been wracking my brains for something profound to say, but I got nothing. So, I'll just make a suggestion.

If you come down south of the border into the US, there's an Eastern Orthodox monastery in Ohio, St. Gregory Palamas. You can visit for a few days, and stay in the guest house, work a bit, pray a LOT (IIRC, morning services start at 4 AM on Sunday, and the Liturgy starts 9-ish!) I'd recommend contacting the Abbot prior to showing up, maybe a couple weeks in advance, just so he's expecting you and the monastery can be ready to host you. As a side note about the monastery, if memory serves, the abbot was trained on Mt. Athos, and I THINK there's another monk there from St. Catherine's at Mt. Sinai! ;)

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Ok... so here are some replies to folks...

Methinks, you're blessed to have a wife who supports you in the way she does.

I really agree, man. She is in full support and in the passing days I've only seen proof that this wasn't a whim on her part, in supporting my spiritual journey.

an interesting scenario , I feel like asking had you discussed this before ? even in any small way ? the idea of going of on working stays or retreats ?

Yes, this isn't exactly new ground. I've went way on week long retreats numerous times before, without worry.

to go back to something you said earlier , what type of places could you go ?
many of the buddhist comunities would offer working retreats
I definitely would like to pay as little as possible and work off my stay, and it's true...
Buddhist communities do offer this more openly, from my own searching.

I would suggest trying to visit a few working your way arround to get a little of the flavour of different comunities , without doubt you will find one that feels to be the right place for you spiritualy and in what you feel you want , or feel comfortable to offer .
I agree, I think it will take me some time before I find a 'right' place to call a regular retreating place or community I join as a lay-member for the time being.

I can agree with vinayaka in some respects , a man dosent usualy leave his wife and take renunciation untill later in life when he has finnished providing for his family purely because this leaves the wife in a vaunerable position , and one does not disolve a mariage or ones responcibilities .
True story: My Wife and I will never have kids and she's always been the money winner by a long shot. She's always 'supported me' you would say. :D

but if I am correct in my assumption you are not suggesting leaving autumn simply living appart for a while ?
At this juncture, Yes, I'm only seeking out a regular retreat schedule or being a lay-member of a community to receive more direction.

the difference in my mind is that if she were ill or needed your support would you return imidiately as this would be the responcibility of a husband ?
Basically, yes. I would return as a husband or as a best friend.... however you work it out legalistically....
But at this stage, I don't see dissolving marriage in the future.

Short of something I can't foresee, I don't expect I'd go full-tilt into a community until she'd passed away, Lord willing, much later in life.

to me once one has taken maraige vows one must stand by them , even ones work or ones commitment to helping others , however knoble it sounds , should not come above ones maraige responcibilities , this is our dharma our duty . if however one can assure that ones wife is well supported and one is prepaired to ensure that one takes any nececary responcibilities should they occur then living appart for periods of time is not adharmic providing one remembers and does not neglect ones vows .
I hear you on that. One of our vows was to help the other person grow in themselves as well... and we talked about that... and we feel this is still in order with that vow to each other. As I said, she is the bread winner in our family, I'm mostly just a support role. :p

you say you have already discussed taking a trial period then re discussing , this is the correct thing to do .
100%, thanks for your assurance.

a word of warning would be any comunity that did not remind you of this duty and who incouraged you towards sepperation , or taking any vows that would cancel out ones maraige vows and responcibilities , ie ,... renunciation , celabacy, full ordination .... would actualy be in the wrong , this would be adharma from a buddhist or hindu perspective .
Agreed. Enough said.

one does not have to become a monk or a renunciate to progress in ones spiritual life , the title might seems to be attractive to some but that would be the egos attatchment speaking .
I hear you on that. And believe me when I say it's not an ego thing that has led me to this place.
In many ways taking on a 'rule' is very much in the vein in which I've always lived,
but I'm hoping to find more 'time-away' for direction and deeper searching.

personaly I would say that your idea of three months then re discuss is the right thing to do before any further plans are made for your sake and autumns ,
Again. Thank you for your thoughts.

her attitude of sacrifice is also knoble , but the decision is yours as to whether she should be doing this ?
Are you saying 'is it my call to decide her noble sacrifice?

....frankly , ..it dosent matter if you support her or you support others in this world , the important thing is that you support .
This is more or less what she is saying...
She feels she's gotten a lot of benefit from our one-on-one time...
And that she would be similarly encouraged from knowing that I was living out service to others more intently than we both do now.

best wishes , namaskaram :namaste

Thank you, Sister.

I'm sure if you look around, there are places that will allow 3 month stays. I'm not personally familiar with any that would for sure. But you can search on the word 'monastery'. Some ashrams would do it as well, but most, I suspect are aligned with one religion primarily. Skanda Vale in Wales might be one. It's pretty eclectic, but I don't know of the nature of their vows there.

I have found a few places in the Christian tradition so far, and a few Buddhist ones...
Which are my primary sources, although time in a Hindu community would be more than welcomed.

I'd really like to find a Sufi International Community to live in for a while... Eclectic for sure....
But onto great things, with Love as it's core... I can get on board with that 100%

It might more fully express 'me', truly.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
My dear brother Sage,

I am very sorry for my late reply. Last night I was not feeling too good (heavy cold).

I am honoured that you have decided to share this with us. It is such a personal and intimate episode in you're life. I feel privileged, as I see do many others, to see you open your soul to us in this way.
You speak beautifully. Thank you. Your 'late' entrance more than amended the 'lateness' ;)

Jesus made this even more starker in one of the most difficult verses of the entire Bible: "Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me."
I would say it safe to say that our love is based on the Love of Love.... That is Divine-Love...

In each other, we agree that we 'meet' this Love.... and we grow the knowing of it in our Friendship.

My first piece of advice to you would be: do go on a retreat as a way to obtain contemplative time apart from the cares of the world. This will provide you with a useful stage on the way to discovering whether a monastic vocation is really for you.
I agree, and it's very possible a regular 'apart' time might be 'the call' and part of my duty.

As a married man, you're first duty is naturally to you're wife and she to yours.
Which is certainly why this is a discussion and not me just leaving :D
Basically, what is being said is that this might VERY WELL BE part of my duty to my Wife or to our Union...

Does that make sense, how I said it?

With your marital vows, you have bound yourself to her, to care, love and cleave to her forever. Since I do not see any evidence that you would seek to have a divorce, this will not end if you take up monastic vows. Therefore you must make sure that she is financially secure before you do so. Even in a monastery, you would and should think of her often. In Christ we are a family on heaven and earth, we are never separated. In God everyone is one.
I will quickly clarify, that we weren't married in a Christian Church, but a Unitarian Universalist one... so I don't know if that flavours your opinion....

I can tell you though, I don't feel that changes how I feel about her or her me... or us in our Union or the base of Divine-Love.

But I hear you either way.... And as I said above.... she is the money earner...
So that isn't a concern on that side of things.

I also hear you on 'thinking of her'.... like I said... knowing her has been a way for me to see that Divine-Love.

The fact that you are married does not mean it is not God's will for you to become a monastic. Neither does it necessarily mean it is. You must take a long period of discernment. Such a life-altering decision must be well contemplated in you're heart. You must attune you're ears to the still voice of conscience within.
We are taking our time, for sure.
In a way... well... no... we are... going into this together.

To do this, you need a retreat. Possibly many retreats over a series of months. St. Paul went to the desert after his Damascus road conversion to discover what God desired of his future.
Time will certainly tell.... and I'm giving it time and an open heart.

Married couples can by agreement allow one or the other to enter into religious orders, it is not unheard of.
Good to know we aren't in left field, cutting new waters.

"Nothing is new under the sun", huh? :D

This canonical provision is still invoked in modern times. In 1950 there was a case publicized in a newspaper in San Francisco of a Catholic husband leaving his wife to join a monastery, after 20 years of prayer and thought on the matter together:

He became a Benedictine monk. This is not common however.
You astound me, Friend. Thanks for your post.

This situation is not in any way a revocation of one's sacramental marriage. You and you're wife are one flesh and spirit. I can see from you're words that the love between you has not waned and that this is a particularly difficult decision for you both. In essence, to decide to do this is to separate yourself in body from your spouse and live the rest of your married lives apart. This would be as hard on you're wife as it would be upon you. There will be many challenges arising from such a choice if you feel called to take it.
Beautifully said. and I hear you.

There are two different kinds of religious life
More that I can say.... you have been a gift from God in this thread.

Oblate would be a perfect medium in which to enter into I think....
And before we talked I was actually looking at a Franciscan Third Order in the Anglican tradition.

Not much to say here, SageTree, except that your testimonial reminds me of the kind of conflicted feelings one must feel when a child has grown up and leaves home to begin college studies: things will never be quite the same again, but that is by no means supposed to be a bad thing.

Best of luck to you two, and congratulations for having such a wonderful partner. That is in and of itself a major blessing, as I am sure you know.

:namaste Indeed, LuisDantas, Indeed. Thank you.

I think your post would be incredibly useful for SageTree, and any others so inclined to Christian mysticism.

Freaking eh, man! Brother's post was AMAZING I'd say.

I think your path is a blessed one. Keep your faith. In love and with unselfish understanding...think of what can be accomplished for a greater good. Be blessed.

I thank you for your kind words of support.

I appreciate you sharing this, SageTree, and your desire to put spiritual matters first in you life. Your wife sounds like a very caring, thoughtful, and selfless person who loves and respects you, her husband. I am going to give my perspective as others have, but I am hoping and praying you will seek and follow God's will about something as important and life changing as this over the advice of others, including mine and even your wife's or your own will.

I appreciate your interest and kind words.
This is a very unattachedment based Love for sure, but no less strong.
I agree that this gift from Autumn and certainly aligns with my already spiritually-centred life....
And I also agree that this isn't something to enter into full of ego...
As I have outlined more so, unless something unforeseeable happens,
this is the start of a deep exploration and a prayerful time on the matter.

I imagine a balance, as I do have some sense that this calling comes from a social-service basis,
which is what inclined me to enter school this year for a human services counselor certification.

That is... I don't feel called to 'leave' the world completely.
I know that I'm to be on a front-line....
Which is also what my Wife does as a counselor....
So it makes good sense that we stay in touch and aligned there, which I think you sort of hint at later....

I feel inclined to view my 'calling', here, something more akin to plowing deeper into rich soil so that seeds root more easily....

Taking the time to go and do that 'cultivation', if you will.

This benefits us both as a unit, and I'm the one with that predilection in the family...

*Pauses to imagine my Wife living a Nun's life*

(Well... I guess in a way, that is what she too is inviting when I am away, right?)

I appreciate the support from everyone, but I'll take it all with a grain of salt, even yourself. ;)

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your post so far......

My perspective is that I don't think God would desire you and your wife to be separated.
Distance is relative... it's more than physical in this case... so our Love would remain I know it....
But I think you mean divorced or dissolved', I'm assuming...
And in that, I agree, short of the surprise calling of a life time.

I say this because the biblical picture of marriage is the love and oneness of Christ and the church, His bride. The scriptures reveal the mystery that a good, loving, God-honoring marriage where the husband and wife loves and serves the other demonstrates the sacrificial love of Christ.
I agree, 100% As I mentioned above, Autumn is where I feel I meet that Love of Christ most of all in this world.

This picture seems to be more and more of a rarity in the world today. I think realistically that it would be difficult for a husband and wife to present this picture in any practical, meaningful way with extended weeks or years of separation. You and your wife are visibly showing Christ's love to the world now, Do you think God wants that to end?
This is where I mentioned you saying 'together we do better work'...
And I can't disagree...
Singularly we're good... together we're.... well... so we've been told. :eek:
I don't mean to boast.

I think a successful way is that the Sacrifice and Love are meditated upon with purpose for that time....
Although I can't pretend like 'years' wouldn't be hard....
If that ever happens, I feel it'll be a place we've arrived at through years of normal retreats apart and lots of talking and prayer.

As I said, service is our Way, to others, and to each other...
She says I've helped her live her dream of how to help people in her profession...
And now she is extending that to me to go and learn in my way.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Maybe we should start a thread on comparative monastic traditions.

I can dig it.

Why don't you go visit this one? Calvary Abbey - Our Monastery
Right there in New Brunswick.

Or Buddhist .. Gampo Abbey - Western Buddhist Monastery in the Shambhala Tradition

The Father at the Anglican Church suggested that one actually...
and I REALLY trust his judgement on such matters.
He's been a true blessing to know.

but...

My one single solitary issue with going to a Roman Catholic community would be that I can't take communion,
unless the people are radicals or I join.

And I'm not sure that is a good reason to join up...
I mean... it's not just a 'membership card' kind of matter.

Well.... I guess that would be longer term or as a third order/oblate thing....
But I think it'd eat away at me a little while I was there doing the short term stuff.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the Eucharist matter)

I truly enjoy taking the Eucharist and it's uniqueness each time It enters my body.
And the seeds of newness and knowledge that are sown in my each time.

And Gampo is DEFINITELY on my radar.
Has been for a long time.

I'm going to have to call them to find out about working off my stay, to some level,
as the website doesn't say anything....

Good suggestions though.

Wow. I've been wracking my brains for something profound to say, but I got nothing. So, I'll just make a suggestion.

If you come down south of the border into the US, there's an Eastern Orthodox monastery in Ohio, St. Gregory Palamas. You can visit for a few days, and stay in the guest house, work a bit, pray a LOT (IIRC, morning services start at 4 AM on Sunday, and the Liturgy starts 9-ish!) I'd recommend contacting the Abbot prior to showing up, maybe a couple weeks in advance, just so he's expecting you and the monastery can be ready to host you. As a side note about the monastery, if memory serves, the abbot was trained on Mt. Athos, and I THINK there's another monk there from St. Catherine's at Mt. Sinai! ;)

Now... the same thing I said about the Roman Catholic Church per taking the Eucharist, which I said above....

But honestly.... I WOULD consider joining the EOC/OOC.
I feel they speak loudly to my Spirit and consciously they seem to have less blood on their hands in terms of conquest and colonialism.

So on TWO counts.... into monastic retreat periods AND the Orthodox faith...
I'm interested.

Good advice for speaking (or writing posts on forums) for life in general. How often we speak too soon! :)

I hope I did better this time, Brother.

Vouthon

Staff member
Premium Member
I will quickly clarify, that we weren't married in a Christian Church, but a Unitarian Universalist one... so I don't know if that flavours your opinion....

Dear brother Sage :bow:

Thank you very much for your reply. It doesn't change my opinion at all. Marriage is marriage. In the Catholic Church, the sacrament is not conferred by the priest but by the couple.

Therefore it doesn't matter to me at all where your vows were made. The vow is what is key, that total gift of self to the other. It is recognised before the eyes of God no matter what building it takes place in.

My great-grandmother married her first husband in a registry office :) Yep, she did. She had to marry him in secret. She even hid her wedding ring! I am in origins the result of a secretive affair....I am descended from him, he died in the Second World War aged 20. She then went on to marry a Protestant in a Presbyterian church. This was back in the 1940s, remember. I take pride in this :p

Beautifully said. and I hear you.

More that I can say.... you have been a gift from God in this thread.

:hugehug: Bless you brother, I am only glad to be of aid to you at this difficult decision-making time, in whatever way I can.

Oblate would be a perfect medium in which to enter into I think....
And before we talked I was actually looking at a Franciscan Third Order in the Anglican tradition.

The Franciscans are brilliant. I mean St. Francis - he preached to birds and fish and called the moon and sun his brother and sister! What's not to like? :D

If you are interested in the Franciscan tradition, might I suggest reading some mystics of that order such as Jacapone da Todi and St. Bonaventure?

I put Jacapone quotes up on wikiquote:

Jacopone da Todi - Wikiquote

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member

Well, Brother.

Your racking has went well on this end.
I DO plan on being in central PA around the beginning of July and can easily head over to St. Gregory's in eastern Ohio.

So I thought to send them an email.

• I shared some of my religious journey; where I came from, where I am at, how Orthodoxy came into the scene for me.
  • I asked about not being Orthodox, officially, and asked if I would be welcomed,
  • And what the language used in services was.

And the reply was really nice, very understanding.
Fr. assured me I wasn't unique for my reasons and they welcome people who have a personal or academic reason,
which I'd say I have a strong balance of.

For me this facilitates to needs I have and seems to be welcomed.
For retreat/to live in a monastic setting and for getting to know the Orthodox faith better and more thoroughly.

There is 'no cost' but donation suggestion, so that leaves some room for monies to be exchanged but for the asking about working off some donation as well.

And assured me that the language was 98% English and a smattering of Greek in the Liturgy,
which isn't scarey at all, since I've easily learned the Latin in the chanting I do with the choir I'm in now.

We are at the how long and when stage of our talk,
but I feel this miiiiight be the place I check out for a while and perhaps,
my plunge into Orthodox Christianity, or at least the teachings,
as I might perfectly well be able to live that out in an Anglo-Catholic Church. (for a while.)

However, I don't think this will be the last place I check.
The English is 100% helpful, so once I get a bearing on the Liturgy,
perhaps I will also search out other Orthodox places to visit and stay.

Likely I'll also try an Anglican community as well.

That said.... I'm not officially a member of any Church at the moment,
so nothing is really holding me TO Anglicanism or Orthodoxy at this stage.

My predominant interest in the Anglican Church is, living in Canada, and they are everywhere,
so it's easy to get involved with and do out-reach work.

Maybe I'll get some advice on how to live Orthodox/Byzantine/Patristic-Anglicanism?

Thanks Brother, thanks again and again.

Perhaps if you are free something of a meeting between us can be arranged or something of the like if this is where I go for the summer/early fall?

Oh yeah, the schedule totally starts at 4 am.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram sage ji :namaste
Quote:ratikala

her attitude of sacrifice is also knoble , but the decision is yours as to whether she should be doing this ?
quote ; sage tree
Are you saying 'is it my call to decide her noble sacrifice?

as you had said she has allways been the bread winner , but that is not all in life , she is giving up her freind and confidant , all I am saying is that , you and only you , will know if she is realy strong enough to give up the support and the freindship that you have shared , I can only say what I would feel to be my responcibility , personaly I could not go if I was in any way concerned that her sacrifice would be too hard for her , and I would allways want to keep the option of returning if I felt that my husband needed any support .
but as you say you will give a there month trial this is good from both sides , and for you to concentrate on what you are doing you need to know that autumn is well in every respect .

it sounds that you have some wonderfull opertunities being discussed here ,

I will read on with interest ,

best wishes brother :namaste

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
namaskaram sage ji :namaste

it sounds that you have some wonderfull opertunities being discussed here ,

I will read on with interest ,

best wishes brother ;namaste

Thanks for your thoughts, Friend. If the folks at the monastery are approving,
I should be heading to east-central Ohio, the last week of July or the first week of August, and will stay for a month.

Those darn Anglicans ... just too tolerant!

I know you are saying that with a grin and all, but how do you mean?
Like 'allowing' me to go off to an Orthodox community or just more generally?

A side bar:

I am moving to Halifax in July and there is an Anglican Father there who peruses,
and persues the Orthodox faiths' understanding and uses it to elucidate matters of faith.

It's my feeling that Anglicans (via media theology) just don't stand between Roman Catholicism and Protestant theology, but also in the middle of Orthodox theology as well.

And in my experiences there are many High Anglicans (Anglo-Catholics) that study and understand through Orthodox writings on various matters,
even if it is more scholastic in nature.

And that doesn't even touch the large amount of influence that Orthodox writings, about meditation/contemplation/prayer, have added to High Anglican life.

TLDR; I actually might not be so far out in left field as I imagine myself,
and perhaps I'm slowly finding some community to share more openly with.

I hope I've been clear and not said anything outside of understanding, as I am aware you are unfamiliar with some aspects of Christianity and it's whacky theological quibbles. :D