• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My wife and I's anniversary is tomorrow

Just_me_Mike

We have a hotel in Washington DC and we are driving from South Carolina. Of course some parts of DC are under 6 foot of snow. The hotel won't let us cancel the trip, so we are going to drive up and take a chance.

Anyone living in that area recommend otherwise?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Yes we have had lots of snow, but my area has not reached over 2-3 inches at the most. It keeps melting but we get more before it goes away completely.
It has been extremely cold since before Christmas, but so many people have had it much worse and lost electricity and etc, so I won't complain.....Well I will but it won't do me any good anyway....:D

Just_me_Mike

Yes we have had lots of snow, but my area has not reached over 2-3 inches at the most. It keeps melting but we get more before it goes away completely.
It has been extremely cold since before Christmas, but so many people have had it much worse and lost electricity and etc, so I won't complain.....Well I will but it won't do me any good anyway....:D
Well, I am just worried that if we drive up to DC and get stuck our anniversary will be ruined.

We are bringing a couple of sleds though, so at least we can do something if we get stuck :shrug:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I lived in Alexandria Va for over a year and the snows there are "hell".
The problem is there is such a diverse population and many have never seen snow much less driven in it.....People left their vehicles by the side of the road and found other means of transportation.....My late husband left his truck and went in a convenient mart for a cup of coffee and the traffic never moved....Hopefully things are better now, but the thoughts of it makes me laugh.....:D

Just_me_Mike

I lived in Alexandria Va for over a year and the snows there are "hell".
The problem is there is such a diverse population and many have never seen snow much less driven in it.....People left their vehicles by the side of the road and found other means of transportation.....My late husband left his truck and went in a convenient mart for a cup of coffee and the traffic never moved....Hopefully things are better now, but the thoughts of it makes me laugh.....:D
I was born and raised there, so I now how bad it can be, which is why I think it is crazy of us to drive up there. I am cold just thinking about it!

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I loved living there, it was like the "happening" place to be. I loved the different cultures and the people. I especially enjoyed hanging out at a street cafe, drinking tea/coffee and watching all the "important" people in their limos.....;)
You can read about all this but until you live there you never really get to know what it is really like.......The candy shop not far from the White House was another favorite.......:drool:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend itwillend,

A decade of HAPPY married Life.
Surely deserves a grand celebration of togetherness and join you in your celebration.
Cheers!
Have a great day!

Love & rgds

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Aren't there numbers you can call, for current travel reports and road conditions?
I'd try calling AAA and asking their advice -- and I'd bring a snow shovel to create a parking space should I make it to DC.