• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My weird Experience with a .... poltergeist?...

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Thank you for the info. I certainly believe that some people are... sensitive to that which
can't be seen by most. I wish I had the energy now to post the new theory thread, but
I want it to be clear. As an autistic person, I review and re-review and re-re-review what
I post to make it, well, at least seem I'm normal. But I if you met me in person, a whole
different situation.

You're welcome for the information, Sedim Haba. I hope it helps you, and if you have any specific questions about the paranormal, please send me a private message. I'll help you if I can. On a side note, I thought I'd tell you that I'm moderately dyslexic, so I review and re-view and re-re-review what I post in the threads I'm participating in. I've edited more than half of my posts, because I read something that's off in them. The Firefox grammar check add-on I've installed on my laptop has become an essential tool for me, and I sometimes further check my grammar and spelling on a free grammar check website. It often takes me a long time to write a comprehensive response to someone else's post, and I still come back later and edit more than half of my posts.

Last edited:

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
@Sedim Haba, I was wondering if you have any new updates on your paranormal experience to share with us here in your thread.

Did you get a chance to read the thread I link above yet?

This experience though short and non-threatening shook me deeply.
It's still hard to process, sometimes I even doubt. But then I remember.

I've been forced to come to terms with it, and the (possible) solution
I explain in the other thread is my feeble attempt at resolution.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
This happened one fine sunny weekend morning, quite out of the blue and without any other activity.

I had just woken up. Sat up in bed, scooted back against the headboard and fiddling with the alarm clock.

Suddenly, I heard a man chuckle in my bathroom.

Said bathroom was directly in front of me, door like 8 feet from foot of bed. Door was slightly ajar, 2"?
You can't tell much from a chuckle. I think it was a man, not too old or young, and I didn't recognize him.
Sounded like it came from the sink area, just to the right of that door. I was kinda freaked out , tellya!

Then the door opened. No hand in sight, I just watched it freakin open on it's own. See whole door.
Opened a little less than half way, and seemed to recoil back to it's previous place.

It did this three more times, then stopped. I sat there in bed for well quite a long time.
Screwing up my courage. Finally got up and moved to the door and opened it a bit, looked inside.
Sink mirror showed entire bathroom, no one was there. Looked down for the cat and opened
the door further. No cat, but dang if the door didn't come back at me just as I'd seen.

Opened the door more forcefully.

Laying on the floor in a heap, a bathtowel that had obviously fallen off the hook on the door back.
Happens all the time, it's not a good hook. Realized this was the cause of the door not opening
any further and bouncing off and closing again. Like I saw from the bed. Without knowing it there.

No one in my family believes me, and this is the first time I'm telling it publicly.
The fact that it impressed you for this long is suggestive it was a serious event for you out all the millions of other events in your life before and since.

After decades of interest in this stuff, I believe the paranormal is 'rare' but 'not all that rare' either.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
The fact that it impressed you for this long is suggestive it was a serious event for you out all the millions of other events in your life before and since.

After decades of interest in this stuff, I believe the paranormal is 'rare' but 'not all that rare' either.

In my seven-ish decades, I've had one ONE UFO experience. The thing that freaked me
out the most was hearing the crickets go silent. Triggered a Fight-or-Flight instinct I didn't
know I had, and a unusual kinship to BUGS in the face of something... not US. Belonging.

The poltergeist was a bit different. Not F-or-F but a sense of .... incredulousness?

I.AM.NOT.WITNESSING.THIS.....

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The laughing was the strange part of it. I've also heard other stories when it comes to the paranormal of people saying that they heard laughter before or during an incident.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Before I get further into this subject, I wanted to state that my opinions are just my own, and other's opinions and their findings may be different:

You mentioned "poltergeist". It could very well be that.

So far though, at least it sounds like if there "was" a spirit there, that it doesn't really sound demonic, just mischievous.

The experiences I've felt I encountered with demons, like when practicing witchcraft, the demons were often more powerful and more forceful, to the extent of not just "scaring you", but trying to change the air and environment around you.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Before I get further into this subject, I wanted to state that my opinions are just my own, and other's opinions and their findings may be different:

You mentioned "poltergeist". It could very well be that.

So far though, at least it sounds like if there "was" a spirit there, that it doesn't really sound demonic, just mischievous.

The experiences I've felt I encountered with demons, like when practicing witchcraft, the demons were often more powerful and more forceful, to the extent of not just "scaring you", but trying to change the air and environment around you.

At the time, I wrote a companion thread, in the other sub-forum:

ABOUT: My weird Experience with a .... poltergeist?...

Also, JMHO, based on my birth-faith...

There are indeed demons, but they are NOT 'fallen angels'. There are none of those.
However, there most certainly are demons. Think of them as spiritual 'toxic waste'
byproduct from the creation process. The thing to keep in mind with those, is they
are deception and deceit personified. They're very good at that, and can trick the mind
better than any stage magician who ever lived. They only have as much power on this
plane as you give them. Best to not deal with them alone.

Treks

When I was a teenager I also had a run-in with some chuckling entity. But it was just the chuckling and a really creepy feeling.

It was early evening, I was wide awake and home alone at the time.

Edit: I was playing around with neo-paganism at the time and everyone I spoke to about it concluded it was probably Loki-related. I stayed away from him after that.