• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My weightloss and surgery thread

Riders

So I was suppose to go to Catscan yesterday to get my hernia looked at to see if its operable.

My scales weighs me at 295 but not sure if its accurate but I should be within 10 pounds or less of my ultimate goal 290.

So I think my cat scan would've been ok. Now I have to weight till April when my doctor comes back from vacation unfortunately.

The problem yesterday is the same I have today. I have a bad infection in my wound on my tummy.

I've had low grade fever, chills, sore throat .I also did have strep right before this hopefully it hasn't come back. But if it has that'll be another problem.

anyways for now I am on Cypresflaxon a strong antibiotic. its made me nauseated and sick. I just cant get out now or for a few weeks.

I hate being sick like this, it's like I have to put my whole life on hold.

I was gonna try and find a telesales at home job appointment setting like I did 6 months ago with a home improvement company. But my voice sounds like sh*t .

So anyways just hanging around the house going crazy. I Promised my Sex Addicts Annonymous Sponser I would not get back on 2nd Life virtual reality game.

The last year I've only been on it to go Buddhist and meditation classes.

I have not have had cyber sex for 22 months. So I don't allow myself to get into Adult entertainment sims on there.

I try to get conservative clothes all be it theres a few questionable items I have for my Avatar.

I went and got some cute freebie outfits that were conservative the other night. My avatars name is Cinnamonmuffin.

Anyways I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to stick to my promise the next couple of weeks. Stuck in the house nothing to do.

But I have almost 9 months of sobriety and I have gotten use to being celebate without a man.

Zen meditation helps me out more then anything.

In my addiction weather I am over eating or indulging in men and sex, my heart rate gets up and I get real excited.

I over exhaust myself and usually invite a bunch of unwanted drama in my life and have physical consequences.

Zen teaches me to slow down relax be calm and peaceful it is very beneficial to me.

The antibiotic I'm on is a cousin to Levoflaxen and makes sick at my stomach hard to eat much so I hope I can get down to 280 or less in the next few weeks.I should be losing weight.

Last edited:

Riders

Well I finally did it. I got down to 293 and they approved my hernia surgery HOORAY! But I've gained back up to 306 so I'm back on my diet, got to get back down before I see the doctors office again.

ANyways hopfully by next month Ill be in surgery. After that life is suppose to be easier. It will be easier to lose this weight. Theyre suppose to give me a tummy tuck and take some of my weight off.YAY!

Riders

I finally got Drs appointment to get my surgery date. They have to weigh me my scales aren't working. I have to starve myself till Wednesday. I have be down to 290 or 295 close to it. I think I'm below 290 but no way of knowing for sure.

Riders

My wound is gone it cleared up. But if I don't stick to my diet and continue to lose weight get down to 200 or 225 maybe my hernia will come back and eventually my wound will. So I have to stick to my my foodplan.

I've been attending over eaters annonymous meetings. Some them have lost a lot of weight and kept it off. But most don't.

I get irritated at 12 step meetings because of the prayers and religious talk. There's a lot of Christians at OA and they sometimes talk about it when theyre not suppose too. It gets on my merves.

I've thought about getting counseling for spiritual and religious as buse I experienced at the Pentecostal church 20 years ago. But it's been along time sense I've been in that church 17 years.

Christianity in the 12 step programs makes me paranoid.I feel like they're up there witnessing to people.

Anyways I still may go with OA. I might go back to weight watchers too though.

Riders

Well after bee g home for 6 weeks in down to 256.Originally 2 years ago I started out at 342.Im happy with my weightless.However in having lot of stomach usdues I can't go into detail about up here.

But my Dr thinks I've got a stomach infection from all the antibiotics and pain relievers I was on in the hospital. So I can't get any pain relievers now or antibiotics and is partially why I've lost so much weight.

I am excited to buy clothes.I need a bunch of new clothes going shopping next month tobget some cute trendy clothes.I can now wear sexier clothes In into a 3 x large.5 and 6 and 4 x larges by far its hard to get cute trendy clothes in those sizes so I'm pretty excited.

But however am triggard tempted to visit singles groups . I want to go party can't go it. I still am with Randall. Had be ok with me seeing another guy buy because of my sex addiction.

I know some people think its silly I've got a year of sobriety but so why bother staying in that recovery program.

But I I still have physical pain in private areas at times when I get turned on. U had a sexy dreams few days ago got pain from it. I over did it so sex is out for me except in me giving pleasure to someone else. I can give pleasure to Randall but not me. Anyways at least I can enjoy looks attention maybe I can flirt a little and look i definitely want to visit the United Methodusts as a Universalists.I am going to go back to my rpg games and also visit a meditation group.

So that gives me a few reasons to get dressed up decked out anyways.

Riders

So I'm going into the hospital in an hour. My wound on my hernia is not healing at home and the hernia is making it worse. They told me at the specialialist that he couldn't do my hernia surgery unless I lose 50 lbs first. However the wound care doctor is putting me in ltac which is rehab for 2 or 3 weeks to take care of my wound and hopfully lose little weight get on a good diet.

They said today they may go through with the hernia operation anyways, if they don't hopfully Ill be able get on foodplan and stay with it. Then get the hernia surgery soon, but I'm hoping to get it while I'm in the hospital, so not sure when Ill be back on these forums yet. Wish me luck pray for me.

So anyways. I was on meetup.com last night. I had joined this 911 conspiracy theorty group through meetup.. I like discussing the theories around 911.

They have this group which they send out mails, start a discussion, you get an email and can reply back and it goes to the whole group so anyone in the groups can respond and discuss.

This lady was on there and she asked why has she heard that there is i forget the word you use for it a word that describes predjudice against Jewish folks.
Antisemitism. So they guy answered and started telling her all about how Jews were responsible for 911.

How they planned it with Bush and wanted the country to hate on Muslims. I started arguing with him telling him not to judge a whole group of people for the actions a few. he started saying how Jews were responsible for the countries problems, how they hated on the Jesus were anti Jesus people and how they crucified Jesus.

Pretty soon i was aware that I was dealing with a dangerous person,possibly a neo natzie I don't know the spelling of the word, but white supremacist.

It freaked me out. So this woman had a phone number on it. I called her and she said she did not know what happened. It was suppose to be a 911 group.

We think this guy joined in a sneaky way and took over. We don't think most 911 groups do this. We found out we had some things in common. We dropped out of the group.

The guy told me while my friend was not welcome there I was because I am white. I am not Jewish. I wanted to tell him what he could do with his stinky group.

I walked away nicely instead, the guy is dangerous, hes got my first and last name the fact that I live in Mesquite.I did not want to get him upset.

Anyways its freaked freaked me out. She said we should be people of light not joining with debating groups I agreed. I feel guilty now for all the debating I have been doing up here. I am sorry if I have offended anyone.

I think after having this experience with this group I may drop out of debating for a while. besides who knows if anyone up here is dangerous either, the more I think about it.

I am rethinking some of the groups I have joined too. I may just try and go to Unity church or UU again where I know its a safe place to go.

So anyways,I found out even though she is jewish she has a new age way of looking at things so we have a few things in common.

We are talking about meeting up next month and we might discuss some of the 911 and politics among ourselves instead. Shes also a weight loss coach so I might pick her brains for good eating tips too.

I think it would be healthy for me. I need women friends who are healthy. Its good for me considering the sexual issues I have had with men.

Anyways I think of it as girl power thing to do, white supremacists are sexist a holes, so were getting together to do the meeting ourselves AHA!Take that you supremacist!

Riders

So sense my hernia surgery a year and a half ago, I losr from 342 all the way down to 245 almost a hundred pounds and now I'm all the way back up to 288.

YIKES! But I'm still happy I'm not back up to 340 thank God, I still got 60 somewhat pounds off. I'm gonna start writing in this journal and putting my weight loss back up.

I'm on a low carb diet but eating too much meat and high fats, but i got the crabs out mostly which is good. I eat one whole wheat bread or 1 bread made from corn a day and 1 fruit or 1 sugarfree jello pudding.

Ok so on the topic of Over Eaters Annonymous. Some of my issues are that sponsors demand, you work only 1 12 step program OA only if you go there, they are the only 12 Step program that requires that.

The speakers giving their story have mentioned being an obese child as one way they knew they were real over eaters, one speaker literally said, if you were not obese as a child, your not an over eater. That excludes me.

They also quite often, too many of them have said things like, the only people I socialize with and are friends with or spend time with outside of my family and church is over eaters in OA and yes I do believe they think everyone esle should be in that group too.

However I think the most of cult mentality that goes on in OA comes from this. There's a group called OA HOW.Its a different program then OA but it is still 12 Step OA, just a different branch.

I went to OA how for a week 15 years ago. They have a diet you have to go by. When you go to a meeting you are not allowed to speak unless a senior member speaks to you first and asks you to speak.You have to have 1 week of abstinance in their eating program first, there's only 1 eating program and everyone has to go by it.

You get 3 small low fat low carbs meals, only 1 whole wheat bread and 1 apple or one orange,
and yes I go by that now, but i also trade off a sugarfree chocolate pudding for a fruit and I eat natural peanut butter which has 5 carbs in it too, so I'm getting more carbs in then I did with OA How.

Anyways you get 3 small portions of lowfat protien a day like chicken breast or fish, and 1 whole wheat bread, one fruit, vegetiblaes,and 2 fay free milks a day. So its a strict diet.

After a week, I ended up in the hospital with low sugar, they said the diet was too strict.

But its their way or the highway. Unfortunately regular OA has gotten to a point to where, even though there are no rules you have to stick to that diet , there are too many sponsors who do and basically believe the OA How diet is the only way for all. I was told by 4 other people, one who goes to OA regular and 3 who did not like OA that the strictness I'm feeling maybe coming from those who are on the OA How who think their way is the only way.

Its most likely true, those who think their diet is the one and only are probably the people who are giving me the troubles there.Its like I don't understand if people in OA are going to take that stance, why come to OA why not stick to OA How? A lot of people have told me OA How is considered to be a cult. They believe any other program you try Weight WAtchers, whatever its going to fail, because theirs is the only one who works so. Its their way or the highway.

So Im going to keep track of my diet here try to post the things I eat, it should make it easier for me.

Riders

So anyways Im just writing too much about over eaters I know. But these are feeling not just about I but like with the obesity surgery as well. There's an element, when I was younger I worked out a lot.I went to yoga, I like water class and dance classes.

But because of my obesity I have not gotten into fitness in awhile though there for a while I was walking in the water at 24 hour fitness and I may go back there. But I still have the mentality of wanting to get into fitness.

OA looks down on it. They look at dieting and exercising as dysfunctional, well over eating is a disease and addiction and they treat it that way. I disagree with that.

They say that your suppose to be completely dependent on the 12 steps, not diet or exercise to get to your goal weight and overcome over eating. I have a heard a speaker here and there even say, don't get into working out a lot, you'll get into an addiction to exercise and oa is the answer not fitness.

But not everyone feels that way some are into fitness. the ones who are against it do take 30 minutes walks but anything outside of that in their mind is extreme. Its also not OA, they talk other programs like weight watchers, they talk badly about them and say none of the diets work.

Its really not true many people lose weight through fitness and weight watcher so, its a lie. They claim OA is the only answer, a lot of them do.

But technically it is not healthy for people who have addictions like me to get into finding a lot of excitement in my life.
In others words, I got addicted tot he excitement with men sex and food, so sometimes i miss the excitement and its easy to look for it in stuff like exercise.

However I know it will not be unhealthy for me and why? I am an overeater, I'm not addicted to exercise, so there should be no harm in me getting into exercise again when I start losing this weight.

Riders

So I went to the dr's office got weighed. I weighed in at 310 gained all the way back up to that yikes! But I've been cutting my carbs out the past 5 days will weigh tomorrow. The dr. said I've got a throat infection and also UTI urinary tract infection which explains some of my urinary pain but not all. I am making an appointment to see the Gynecologist as well.

I've been eating 2 scrambled eggs with slice of colby cheese in it and blue cheese one day for breakfast: and 5 or 6 wheat crackers and peanut putter the natural kind that does not have so many carbs in it though it is high in fat for lunch. nothing for dinner.

Tonight decided I had to order in for dinner and stayed on my diet. I ordered plain wings with no breading no sauce which means its high in fat but no carbs, got no dressing with it. Blue cheese is ok because it has only 2 carbs.

I shared it with my dog. It was good except for one thing. Staying on my diet ordering in sucks. The delivery guy brought me my food with the smell of pepperoni ham and bacon and cheese all over my wings!YIKES I wanted to strangle him.

Forget it no more ordering from pizza places. You can order these days from other places, I have door dash can order from Denny's and get something healthy that's good to eat.Ill order the sirloin steak which is good and brown rice and maybe eat one piece of the white garlic toast its pretty good and get un sweet tea with tons of sweetener.

Ill report back my weight loss. I also got pain relievers and sleeping pills and antibiotics from the dr. So the urinary pain is better with the pain relievers, but I was walking and using my bike 2 days last week and it also got rid of some of the pain. Working out makes me feel better and so is a natural pain reliever.

Riders

Here's a kicker for all you on Pats Robertson's side. Many sex addicts who are having excessive weird sex as he put it, are Evangelical conservative Christians who watch Pat Robertson like y'all do! How do like dem apples?

Riders

Ok so I'm just say i am sorry if I have offended over eaters anonymous folks, if anyone here is in O A I'm sorry. Maybe its just that I have had bad experience because I have run into some bad apples. Maybe others have good experiences with O A . SO I can not judge it being a bad program for others, I have had experiences. But I am not going to go to O A just so you know.

So I am sorry please excuse my anger.

However one more thing, in the city of Dallas and Fort worth,90 percent of O A meetings are held in protestant Christian churches. SO if your not comfortable with being ina church you may not be comfortable in oA but there maybe a few who are not. I think there's 1 or 2 meetings in Dallas not in a church. But most are.

I am not comfortable with it, I feel like I'm being preached at at church when I go.

Riders

I want to eat so bad and I got money for pizza. I just lost back down to 296 though i need to get down to 240 as quickly as I can can not over eat.i have to put it on the back burner. I can have protien though i think for dinner im gonna make 3 scrambled eggs with mozzerella and cheee in it that'll be good.

Its hard to say no when i'm sick. I'm getting a coffee maker this week, i love cold ice coffee got sweetner and cinnamon to put in it. I just never bought a coffee maker im getting one coming from amazon for 70 bucks. That'll help, i need to replace cokes too.

Riders

I backslid I woke up from a withdrawel dream from sex addiction. It drove me crazy i stayed off of sex but ended up with a chocolate oreo shake and double whopper with cheese from burger king and a coke. Bad me got to wake up tomorrow and start it over.Get back on my weight loss plan

Riders

I'm down to 280 finally. I hope to go down to 270 this week. If I can get down to 250 it will make life easier, easier for em to get out of the house and do some things.

Coffee is working for me. I drink coffee with 2 sweet creamers in it which is 10 carbs I usually don't drink more then 2 cups a day so its 20 carbs. A 12 ounce can of coke is 39 carbs with added sugar,. if I drink only 3 cups a day its 30 carbs less then one coke and I could probably handle that a day and still lose weight.

I usually drink 2 to 4 liters of coke a day when i drink it.

Today I ate some baked chicken from krogers they have a whole baked chicken. I ate 2 servings of the white meat with skin on and some alfredo sauce on it . It sounds like a lot but there was very little carbs, my sauce only has 3 carbs in it. That's all I ate all day. Sometimes I starve myself. Ill make some coffee tonight though and probably have 2 cups.

I get tempted to go off my diet on day when I get groceries. I get groceries monday, and my home health aid says shes bringing back Easter eggs chocolate ones, so I'm worried Ill be tempted monday.
I like to get 2 2 liter cokes the first of the week to go off my diet with and a bottle of parmesan cheese, its crazy but I'll pick up the whole bottle of parmesan cheese and eat it.

I love parmesan cheese!

Riders

Im pretty sure my weights down today. I have not weighed. Ive got my 600 pound life on now. For some reason i have become addicted tot his show.

I don't see how these people can stand it the ones who are dependent on care takers. Theres a few who have been able to take care of themselves.But most of them are in bed not mobile, don't walk much and have to have care takers bring them they're food and bathe them.

I could not stand having people make me my food and or bring food to me. I'm very picky about food, I either make my own or pick it out at the grocery store. I like to eat alone when I'm over eating, these people, I'm watching jeane and her parents just like order stuff pizza and make her and then just sit there and watch her eat.

That would drive me crazy, I like to be alone with I binge. ALl be it I did use to over eat in front of my parents.But having people cook for me and do my grocery shopping and everything else forget it, why live? But if I binge these days, i want to be alone, I don't want anybody watching me forget it.

Some of these people have nasty houses including Jeane she has several big dogs that look like they are not being taken care of, I feel sorry for some of the pets on this show. They're house is nasty disgusting.I have a home health aid who helps me with house cleaning so she keeps it clean.

Im down to 279.

Last edited:

Riders

Ok so I am finishing one particular fact I left out of my life story under religious journal, sense its about over eating thought Id put it here instead.
So one important part I left out was this. I said my parents would not let me binge on food as a child because we did not have the month me and my 3 sisters.

My Mom would buy cookies but only give me 2 at a time, so I ate my junk and sweets but never binged . I thought about this why did I start over eating?

Well in the psych wards I was in Timberlawn was a private hospital then, my parents were poor well not poor lower middle class, but have a bunch of years of work at at and t and my Dad at the printer: They had tons of insurance on me. I stayed at Timberlawn 6 months before all my insurance was eaten up. When I cam home I got use to going to parkland really fast, a state hospital for the poor so.

Anyway Timberlawn was rich back then, they gave us several bags of potato chips and cokes to snack on in the afternoon. We got food and go back for second and thirds........So and the food was good and fatening.

It was a psych ward not a hospital. Anyways after I got back went back to living with my parents. Some may think I lied because if my parents were lower middle class how did I pay for my food to go on binges ?

First I did work in a few fast food companies, mostly I quite after a month or two, but for that time I had the money to over eat on

Number 2 my living circumstances changed. All 3 of my sisters moved out. So having to provide food for 6 people changed into food for 3 people. Mama and Daddy also, paid the house off when I was teenager. So my parents money became a lot more, we more money, I wouldnt say we were rich, but we were definitly middle class not lower middle class anymore.

There fore my living circumstances changed. I could bring this up in saa as a topic, living circumstances.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So I'm going into the hospital in an hour. My wound on my hernia is not healing at home and the hernia is making it worse. They told me at the specialialist that he couldn't do my hernia surgery unless I lose 50 lbs first. However the wound care doctor is putting me in ltac which is rehab for 2 or 3 weeks to take care of my wound and hopfully lose little weight get on a good diet.

They said today they may go through with the hernia operation anyways, if they don't hopfully Ill be able get on foodplan and stay with it. Then get the hernia surgery soon, but I'm hoping to get it while I'm in the hospital, so not sure when Ill be back on these forums yet. Wish me luck pray for me.
I have suffered a bilateral op

I feel for you

Riders

I have suffered a bilateral op

I feel for you
Wow that's an old post. They say now I don't have a hernia. They got rid of that one. It was last year. But having a lot of pain in my left side now. I went to my old hernia dr he says I don't have one now. However U could be having complications from the sugery or its just scar tissue, so they are going to get a catscan done on me again next week.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Wow that's an old post. They say now I don't have a hernia. They got rid of that one. It was last year. But having a lot of pain in my left side now. I went to my old hernia dr he says I don't have one now. However U could be having complications from the sugery or its just scar tissue, so they are going to get a catscan done on me again next week.
My problem was simple and straightforward

as a skinny old man that I am.....both sides were split
directly were the colon is held in place

such things don't heal....so they say

if the colon protrudes and 'kinks'......the 'flow' is stopped
circulation is pinched

death could follow within hours

so.....both sides were sealed at once
recovery....six weeks

pay close attention to your pain meds
constipation follows the use

Riders