• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My weightloss and surgery thread

Riders

So I'm going into the hospital in an hour. My wound on my hernia is not healing at home and the hernia is making it worse. They told me at the specialialist that he couldn't do my hernia surgery unless I lose 50 lbs first. However the wound care doctor is putting me in ltac which is rehab for 2 or 3 weeks to take care of my wound and hopfully lose little weight get on a good diet.

They said today they may go through with the hernia operation anyways, if they don't hopfully Ill be able get on foodplan and stay with it. Then get the hernia surgery soon, but I'm hoping to get it while I'm in the hospital, so not sure when Ill be back on these forums yet. Wish me luck pray for me.

Riders

Thankyou I love that I hope to start a whole new life lost of weightloss when I come back.

Riders

Anyways heres the thing. Im working now got a job over a month ago setting appts from home. Ive gotten paid 145 this month and have 2 sales I have as of yet to be paid for. Uh Ive been sick and obese for years. I believe Im down to 310 now 20 lbs away from making my goal to get my surgery. The thing is Ive been sick on and off had alot of pain for the past 10 years. I decoded a year ago to quit staying home because of pain so started getting out more for church and religious services.Its like this when someone is sick in pain alot its easy too, at least for me get to a point to where Im in jail, too much pain cant wok, too sick cant go out.I became a prisoner of my own body decided to break through the pain and go out and work while Im in pain IId rather expeience the sickness or pain and be busy working then sitting being a prisoner of my body,its like being tied down when I was teen in psych wards they abuse me with restraints. thats how I feel like my sicknes is tieing me down to a bed in restraints, ,. Im done with that Ill work and feel the pain instead.

Riders

So I was down to 308 when I last weighed still going down. I went to a Zen meditation class for the first time today was worried I wouldnt fit in the chairs. Its not easy finding meditation classes Buddhist classes at times that have chairs for big people and really even churches its not easy. But i went and risked not being able to find a seat and I did it I fit in the metal chairs fine ,they were sturdy.I did good it was a good class. Im looking forward to having the surgery. Im eating low carb.

Riders

So I'm going into the hospital in an hour. My wound on my hernia is not healing at home and the hernia is making it worse. They told me at the specialialist that he couldn't do my hernia surgery unless I lose 50 lbs first. However the wound care doctor is putting me in ltac which is rehab for 2 or 3 weeks to take care of my wound and hopfully lose little weight get on a good diet.

They said today they may go through with the hernia operation anyways, if they don't hopfully Ill be able get on foodplan and stay with it. Then get the hernia surgery soon, but I'm hoping to get it while I'm in the hospital, so not sure when Ill be back on these forums yet. Wish me luck pray for me.

Hey well went back to the doctors office today. Found out my potassium is depleated rom the water pills I took and strict dieting. Well after telling folks I had gotten off the diet because I was doing strict low carb they said I was coping out I don't think they even believed me. but I binged for 10 days after I got off it.got back on the past 4 days and went and got weighed went to find out what happened to my legs and arm too. Ive been so cramped up in pain I couldn't walk for awhile. She says my water pill and possibly strict dieting may have caused a depletion of
Potassium. They've taken my blood to see if its something else testing my electrolites and all. For now she is giving me is a prescription for potassium and drink water says I can switch to my old Body For Life diet again.

Oh yea and after people making a dog gone fool out of me dismissing me, I lost 10 pounds the past 5 weeks down from 308 to 298.Im only 8 pounds away from 290 when I can get my hernia operation WOOHOO! I don't care what the Politicians say tloday IM THE WINNER!

Riders

ANyways have to change my ways. I'm eating lowfat low carb low calories its going good but most of the time I give my self one day off a week to go on an all day binge for a break. I was watching youtube stories on extreme obese people theyw ere like 5 6 and 700 pounds but still I'm almost 300 to me its the same. They were talking about how much the odds are stacked against us. I know if I'm gonna beat those odds I have to be serious.

So I still believe in taking a break once a week from my diet. But going on a binge is unacceptable, eventually Ill give up and stay off my diet.

SO no more one day binges. I am taking a break though without the binge.

SO weight Watchers and Lean cuisine have yummy low cal low fat tv diners but I cant eat them regular, because of the white carbs. So I'm gonna allow myself to have a day a week where I can eat my regular diet for breakfast and lunch then have a Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers,smart ones tv dinner, then a Smart Ones desert for desert. hats it those 2 things just for a treat once a week, I think itll be good.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have heard that intestinal heath will help with weight loss and appetite. Ask your doctor about probiotics.

It is my opinion that diet drinks do not work and can even cause weight gain. I drink plain water most of the time and I am lucky that my water is delicious. Some water is bad tasting and a filter might make it palatable.

Last edited:

Riders

I use flavored waters and diet drinks But Ive lost at leaste 43 pounds so. I got BBq pizza 1 pepperoni pizza by lean cuisine yum.1 box with 2 slices of frozen chocolate pie.so its one desert a night for 2 nights.

Riders

Well havnt been weighed in the past month havnt kept up with my weightloss.
My clothes have gotten loser. But I wasn't sure. I may have maintained at 295 because I was off my foodplan 3 days 3 ago then last week was off it 5 days.

But Ive been on it the past 3 days. Went to my wound care doctor who told me my skin is getting loser and wound is better because of weight loss.

I just put my jeans on, I had bought them 2 years ago way too early. I wasn't the right size but figured if I had them Id get into them one day.

Well I havnt worn a pair of jeans with buttons and zipper sense 15 years ago. I couldn't. Lane Bryants have them in size 28 the biggest .Catharines has them in 26 biggest size.

Yes I was wearing big big sizes , sizes for people who weigh 400 pounds.I was at 355 my highest weight.

I was 6 5 and 6 xl now I'm 3 and 4xl so. Anyways tried on my jeans I had hidden away for the first time bingo they fit I'm so excited! WOOHOO!

Riders

well,I finally got down. I lost down to 295 5 pounds off my goal weight of 290. But when I went to see the hernia doctor instead of giving me my surgery he says he needs to see another cat scan to see if my hernia is operable.

Ive been off my diet today so maybe gained 2 pounds back. I'm gonna change up my diet. I was at 298 for 2 months not losing anymore then lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks. That's not enough weight.

I need to go low carb but not strict low carb like the patients on My 600 pound life. I have to take diabetic meds, so if I eat nothing but veggies milk fruit and meat I get sick.

However Ive been eating 1 skinny cow ice cream sandwhich a night. Its a low calorie low fat ice cream but still high in sugar. Ive been eating baked potatoe chips, yea its lowfat but still its an unclean carb. Then about 4 whole wheats and 1 potato a day and chocolate cheerios for breakfast.

So this week I cut out the cereal, I eat toast milk and a banana for breakfast. Then I eat half a sandwhich for lunch plus some apple sauce. Then for dinner fajita lowfat chicken breast with refried beans and cheese and onions. So its all protein.

Then my ice cream at night.

But next week I'm planning to eat just one whole wheat a day and then the one ice cream sandwhich. That's a lot to do to fix it so I should see better results.