• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Views on the Election

Orias

Left Hand Path
Well, I think plenty of time has gone by to make some sound observations about Trump. But first I want to talk about leading up to this year and the entire election.

I'll admit, I was totally on the Bernie train. I followed him from the beginning. His entire campaign was first geared towards defeating Hillary and expousing her corruption. We we're all confident we could beat Trump when it came to it.

Then we we're all shocked, Hillary jacked the nomination. We instantly became divided, half of us voted for Hillary, and another majority voted for Trump and some didn't even vote.

At first I was pretty nervous about all the hype . But immediately Trump did a few things I liked, he ended NAFTA and some other terrible trade agreements, he fired the people responsible for the investigations of Hillary and the Clinton's. But he also wittled down the EPA? So are we expecting a despotic smog filled skies in the near future?

It's strange just a few years ago I had totally different economic and political beliefs. But now I am more conservative and libertarian.

Anyways, part of me feels like Trump and the Clinton's we're in on it together. They just didn't want Bernie in. I'm also pretty upset with Bernie, he let down a very large group of inspired people. Now all these studies of people between ages of 19-29 are all suffering from anxiety and depression. I tend to think these events are a large part of that. Either he sold out, or he had a gun to his head.

Also, the night of one of the debates between President Trump and Hillary, I had a dream Trump was chasing Hillary around in an arena that turned in like a room with a pool that had 3 separate whirlpools that Hillary was jumping in and coming out of on these platforms. I thought it was pretty strange considering I didn't watch the debate that night but the next after looking it up.

Anyways, just some of my thoughts. There is a lot of hate for Trump. I don't think he's all bad, we could definitely do a lot worse and he isn't the first celebrity to be president. I just don't agree that all these celebrities now piggyback off this celebrity president movement. It's too much like the movie Idiocracy becoming real.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I think plenty of time has gone by to make some sound observations about Trump. But first I want to talk about leading up to this year and the entire election.

I'll admit, I was totally on the Bernie train. I followed him from the beginning. His entire campaign was first geared towards defeating Hillary and expousing her corruption. We we're all confident we could beat Trump when it came to it.

Then we we're all shocked, Hillary jacked the nomination. We instantly became divided, half of us voted for Hillary, and another majority voted for Trump and some didn't even vote.

At first I was pretty nervous about all the hype . But immediately Trump did a few things I liked, he ended NAFTA and some other terrible trade agreements, he fired the people responsible for the investigations of Hillary and the Clinton's. But he also wittled down the EPA? So are we expecting a despotic smog filled skies in the near future?

It's strange just a few years ago I had totally different economic and political beliefs. But now I am more conservative and libertarian.

Anyways, part of me feels like Trump and the Clinton's we're in on it together. They just didn't want Bernie in. I'm also pretty upset with Bernie, he let down a very large group of inspired people. Now all these studies of people between ages of 19-29 are all suffering from anxiety and depression. I tend to think these events are a large part of that. Either he sold out, or he had a gun to his head.

Also, the night of one of the debates between President Trump and Hillary, I had a dream Trump was chasing Hillary around in an arena that turned in like a room with a pool that had 3 separate whirlpools that Hillary was jumping in and coming out of on these platforms. I thought it was pretty strange considering I didn't watch the debate that night but the next after looking it up.

Anyways, just some of my thoughts. There is a lot of hate for Trump. I don't think he's all bad, we could definitely do a lot worse and he isn't the first celebrity to be president. I just don't agree that all these celebrities now piggyback off this celebrity president movement. It's too much like the movie Idiocracy becoming real.

I never liked Trump from the moment he became some sort of "celebrity," but more than that, I disliked the pervasive mentality in politics and media which led to him becoming a celebrity in the first place.

Trump was a beneficiary in a profound shift in American culture during the Reagan era when glorification of capitalism, mobsterism, militarism, consumerism, and the lifestyles of the rich and famous were prevalent all through the media and popular culture.

People who supported that and continue to support that mentality are now trying to dissociate themselves from Trump and condemn his presidency, but they're hardly in any position to complain about it now. They brought this on themselves by getting duped and selling out a long time ago. The Democrats would have been far better off had they just stuck to the basics.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I think it's systemic that we don't ever really get out of election mode anymore. Media clearly fuels a lot of it too riling everybody up over tabloid reporting it has nothing to do with the country itself but rather on the personalities and disposition of any politician.

I would love to see a more informed debate pertaining to the actual issues that are going on rather than keep on hearing about how bad or how good somebody is and what they do on a personal level.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

I don't mean to insult you, but for all you talk about Satanism did you know that Satanists have hinted that they voted mostly for Bernie Sanders? Maybe you should be careful about what you call Satanic if I could suggest you were!

Last edited: