• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My trip to London, Salisbury, Stonehenge, Avebury September 23-30 2010

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Those are some good pictures indeed! *thumbs up*
Wish I could bring photos of those medieval Qur'ans, they were the most beautiful I've seen so far, but no photos were allowed in the library.
we also explored the Islamic section in the British museum. I am alway surprised that when Islam is given an intro, and they list the 5 pillars, they do not mention that the Shia have their own 5 pillars. I understand that Sunni Islam is the dominate flavor of Islam, but Shia Islam has many ahderents around the world, including whole nations adhering to it.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Great pics - thanks for the heads' up!

I absolutely cannot wait to go to England next summer!!!!!!! We'll only spend three days there before we wander on over to Belgium, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. I frankly wish we could spend a MONTH in England - but maybe next time. This trip will be for my step son's graduation so he got to pick the countries. This trip will focus on WW2 history since that's what interests him so much.

Love the pictures of the british countryside - when we go back, that's the trip I'd like to take, with just my husband.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Great pics - thanks for the heads' up!
Thank YOU Kathryn :D

This trip will be for my step son's graduation so he got to pick the countries. This trip will focus on WW2 history since that's what interests him so much.
That's actually cool. when I backpacked Europe after my army service I went to places like Normandy, exploring the physical reminders still on the beaches from the shelling and the war, and to track down the exploits of the fighters, such as the US army rangers assault on La pointe du Hoc. or visiting the allies cemetery.

Love the pictures of the british countryside - when we go back, that's the trip I'd like to take, with just my husband.
It is quite beautiful and calming.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I was even told that the only two days in the year in which there is physical access to the stones in Stonehenge, is during neo-pagan festivals?

Yes and quite a crowd turn up for those days although many go to Woodhenge which is a short distance from Stonehenge.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
We'll only spend three days there before we wander on over to Belgium, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. I frankly wish we could spend a MONTH in England - but maybe next time. This trip will be for my step son's graduation so he got to pick the countries. This trip will focus on WW2 history since that's what interests him so much.
Can you tell me which sites and historical episodes specifically in these nations are part of your step son's interest in WW2?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
And I guess its not going to be the same without adding a photo of the Big Ben:

DSC05772.jpg

Noaidi

slow walker
Great photos! I went to Avebury circle once on the way back from Glastonbury Festival. The place was over-run with stoned hippies! The pub next to the stones was great, though.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Great photos! I went to Avebury circle once on the way back from Glastonbury Festival. The place was over-run with stoned hippies! The pub next to the stones was great, though.
haha. sounds nasty.
yes the pub is awesome, the food was great.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I still say our Monsanto commodity corn fields beats any historical landmark. :p

Just kidding, Dan. The pics are amazing, as usual. Glad you had such a wonderful time. :hugehug: