• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My town was used for Army propaganda - who knew?

Draka

Wonder Woman
[youtube]aMKoyI4HRK0[/youtube]

Supposedly it was the ideal town to use to describe "Anytown USA" to drive Army recruiting and patriotism and whatnot. Of course, given that this was all about the Army, there's no mention of the fact that there was a US Naval Air Station there. In fact, when they do bring up that soldiers could train at the local airport, it was actually the Naval Air Station they would train at :rolleyes: No...can't mention Navy. :sarcastic

ZooGirl02

I didn't watch the whole thing, only about a minute or less but that is certainly interesting that your town was used for Army propaganda.

That said, I have never liked propaganda. To me, propaganda seems like something that tries to make something that shouldn't be palatable to be more palatable to people and that is the main reason why I do not like it.

I did notice that the man in that video is a Master Sergeant. My Grandpa was a Master Sergeant in the Air Force. He was a Flight Engineer. He served during the Vietnam and Korean Wars and some time outside of those wars as well. He was in the Air Force for like 25 years.