• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My time in this forum has reach an end.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Atheists just wanna have fun! (Just wanna-a) Atheists just wanna have fun!

@Amanaki I think I see all the things you're complaining about, but I hardly notice them, because I'm too busy having fun and learning stuff that I love learning. I've been having more fun here, and learning more, than I ever have before in Internet discussions. New ways of thinking, and new ways of doing things. It's been like a magical mystery tour for me, or like my house being picked up and carried off to the land of Oz.

I saw a lot of good happening in the threads you started.

Workman

UNIQUE
Farewell my good brother!
All the best on your pathway and I’ll see you when you’ll see me..

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
Do we really nead to prove to the non belivers that God, Buddha, Shiva, Muhammad, Or other spiritual teachers do exist?

In my understanding you can not prove to a non beliver that something exist, because no matter what you say or do, they will dismiss it as being false or something else then what it is. Because they do not belive it to be true.

I am tired of fighting for what my belives in. So i desided to end my time in RF, and this time i will not come back. I do no longer see this as a Religious forum, To me this is more of a Atheists fighting for their right to disbelive formum. and that was not my impression when i first come here.

I leaving this forum because i do not see a future here. We can no longer have a serious discussion and that is sad.

So I will not answer any questions in this thread or other threads i been in from now.

Thank you for the time i got here.

Best regards Amanaki.

I've always liked you. And yes, you're probably making the right decision.

Milton Platt

Do we really nead to prove to the non belivers that God, Buddha, Shiva, Muhammad, Or other spiritual teachers do exist?

In my understanding you can not prove to a non beliver that something exist, because no matter what you say or do, they will dismiss it as being false or something else then what it is. Because they do not belive it to be true.

I am tired of fighting for what my belives in. So i desided to end my time in RF, and this time i will not come back. I do no longer see this as a Religious forum, To me this is more of a Atheists fighting for their right to disbelive formum. and that was not my impression when i first come here.

I leaving this forum because i do not see a future here. We can no longer have a serious discussion and that is sad.

So I will not answer any questions in this thread or other threads i been in from now.

Best regards Amanaki.

Sorry to see you go.

No, you do not have to prove anything as long as you stay within the proper DIR. I think you maybe didn't figure out the way things work on the forum. There are areas where ideas and beliefs are questioned, and there are specific DIRs where you can stay in an echo chamber and have your own beliefs reflected back at you. It feels safer, but there isn't much to be learned.

Duke_Leto

In the prior millenium, when I was in my 20s, I would try to convert people into becoming
libertarian. I figured it was just a matter of time before we'd become a majority. But over
time, I noticed that nothing changed, & that it was a fruitless goal. I find it much easier to
discuss it now. Oh, I'll still advocate for it, but I don't expect anyone to change. And many
here cooperate by not changing.
Low expectations are the secret to equanimity & happiness.

I've not known debate to ever win anyone over -- take the daily creationism debate thread here on RF as evidence. All you can do is improve yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh lord. Could you give examples of this?

I've not known debate to ever win anyone over -- take the daily creationism debate thread here on RF as evidence. All you can do is improve yourself.
Aye, debate never has winners because that means someone must lose.
People don't cotton to that.
But I've found that conversations can be productive in swaying people.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Best regards Amanaki.
You will always be welcome if you wish discussions on Hinduism or Buddhism with me. And Dharmic DIR will always be open and friendly. :)

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Best regards Amanaki.

Sorry to see you go my friend. You have made an excellent contribution to this forum and made it a better place.