• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My theory on the universe and God

thepersianpuzzle

Premium Member
Love. Love governs the universe? It is the Law that governs the universe?

I personally have found love to be more better described as a healing thing.

Love does heal.

Love created God?

Love existed before God, god,?

Hmm. I'd say if it's true that love conquers all, then some day, what will the earth be like?

LukeS

Love is not a physical force, but a psyhological force. Its not entirely reducible to the physical, therefore comparisons with physical forces (like gravity etc) are out of order. How do we measure the strength of psychology, of moods and feelings etc. Of phenomenology? By their intensity, by their effects .... what?

I'd say the OP has high levels of "love feelings" and they make him happy. They also help him with positive social relationships, and its likely he mixes with like minded people. To his benefit. Compared to drug addicts, and people with post traumatic stress etc., his life is probably pretty good.

As a general state in a peaceful land, love beats anxiety and fear. Love is like a "glue" and a religion appreciative of love is a fairly positive ideal, not only do we form social bonds though it but it makes us feel fairly fulfilled.

When we feel grief, its most intense at a loved ones death. There the loss is felt most. Also just seeing pictires of a loved one, can increase love hormones in the brain. Sexual partner's brains release oxytocin after sex, I recall, and this helps the pair bond become stronger.

Oxytocin, a correlate of love and positive social life too, reverses stressful feelings and helps calm anxiety IIRC. As stress and anxiety are not only uncomfortable but in the long term bad for ones health, causing depression amongst other symptoms, its a good idea to appreciate love, and extol its power.

The street drug "ecstacy" mimics the effects of live hormones in the brain. But it also causes neural damage. Christianity, amongst others, is a faith than helps support "natural" highs.

Last edited:

Ricktheheretic

"Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law"
I'm trying to help you. This is a debate forum.

To have a proper debate, you need to up your game. I understand you're new, and this is exactly why i'm being so adamant about it: For you to have a good time, you must understand the kind of forum you are taking part in. If you're not here for debate, there are other subforums.

Your claims are contrary to debate. You make absolute statements and refuse to elaborate on them. Even when asked. You aren't debating, you are asserting. :/

Well, people have beliefs. How can my spiritualist aunt prove that ghosts are "electro-magnetic" and can be detected by science? How can I prove that there is another substance besides matter that is invisible, unfelt, passes through matter, and cannot be detected by instruments, but that it exists? But I say maybe there is such thing. Can I be proved wrong? If so, maybe it's just my beliefs and no one needs to pay attention to me, maybe they can ignore what I post. Who said anyone needs any evidence for belief. People should be allowed to express their opinions/beliefs, it's what America is all about, remember our Constitution's 1st Amendment and our Enlightenment heritage.

thepersianpuzzle

Premium Member
Pretty much I think the universe is heaven, but way better. Basically the law that governs the universe is love. Love is simply the strongest force in the universe. The universe was random at first. The universe came from nothing but after some time it was random. Over time the force of love took over the universe. Love is such a strong force. Love in it's very nature beats evil. Love was able to set the universe to perfection. This is why we have souls. Because we do what our souls desires because of love. It's hard to explain how love is infinitely more powerful than any other force but it is.

Love is how God came to be. Since the universe is infinite and love is infinite. It's pretty obvious a God had to be born. We are infinite beings and we do what our soul craves. God is female from what I've experienced of her.

To sum it up, love is the strongest force in the universe. It makes the universe way beyond heaven.

If ur implying life on earth is heaven for all? I disagree. I've been through way too much, to the point I've questioned if I've went to hell on earth at one point, as in if purgatory was a place a good girl could go to on earth while alive before physical death?

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
People should be allowed to express their opinions/beliefs, it's what America is all about, remember our Constitution's 1st Amendment and our Enlightenment heritage.

THIS isn't America. I'm not American. So your usage of "our" is misleading too. It's not mine.

Rational Agnostic

Pretty much I think the universe is heaven, but way better. Basically the law that governs the universe is love. Love is simply the strongest force in the universe. The universe was random at first. The universe came from nothing but after some time it was random. Over time the force of love took over the universe. Love is such a strong force. Love in it's very nature beats evil. Love was able to set the universe to perfection. This is why we have souls. Because we do what our souls desires because of love. It's hard to explain how love is infinitely more powerful than any other force but it is.

Love is how God came to be. Since the universe is infinite and love is infinite. It's pretty obvious a God had to be born. We are infinite beings and we do what our soul craves. God is female from what I've experienced of her.

To sum it up, love is the strongest force in the universe. It makes the universe way beyond heaven.

This isn't a theory because it has no evidence to substantiate other than your imagination. It's a nice fantasy, but, I am sorry to say, has no basis in reality.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Yes, the Ebola virus, and the Jewel wasp, are clear signs of love ruling the Universe.

By the way, if love is a force, how do you measure it? Newtons?

Ciao

- viole

suncowiam

Yes, the Ebola virus, and the Jewel wasp, are clear signs of love ruling the Universe.

By the way, if love is a force, how do you measure it? Newtons?

Ciao

- viole

Personally, I would measure love with the number of rose petals and how long I can hold my gas on a first, second and third date.

Darkstorn

What is the difference between his theory and your theory?

He didn't posit a theory. You don't have to have an alternative viewpoint to debunk something: If the argument cannot stand by its own merit, it just can't. No matter what kind of evidence there might be for alternative viewpoints.

But i'll tell you something, the OP is not a theory. There are no facts to support it, no evidence. It didn't even attempt to mask itself as something providing evidence. It is not a theory.

He says "God" is created, don't you worship "god of winter"? How is winter created?

Are you serous?

sovietchild

Are you serous?

I don't know what you mean by that. This is a religious forums. Apparently, there is people who worship norse gods, or slavic gods. And, those things are created by something. Winter depends on something.

In Islam God is The Self-Existing One.

Darkstorn

I don't know what you mean by that. This is a religious forums.

I mean, he wasn't talking about his beliefs in any way, and you just randomly decided to challenge them even though you're not entirely sure what they actually are. You are just assuming. :E

Apparently, there is people who worship norse gods, or slavic gods. And, those things are created by something. Winter depends on something.

Yeah, apparently. The only thing i took from looking at his signature and title is that he might like Crusader Kings II. Not that he actually worships "gods of winter." ( :D )

You also say that other deities are created, while yours is self-existing. Nice logic.

igno remos

slipknot; please make sure you are taking your anxiety medications, we do not want to see your condition gets worse. We here (this forum) have to stick to some rules. If you have something to discuss with, first you need to define and specify what it is that you are trying to say. You seems to be talking all about love. So to start with please define what you mean by love. Then please present evidence to demonstrate that the love you meant exists. Otherwise there is no point in extending this conversation. Shalom. I wish you well.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Personally, I would measure love with the number of rose petals and how long I can hold my gas on a first, second and third date.

I am not sure what you mean. Is the time you "hold your gas" directly or inversely proportional to love?

Ciao

- viole

ArcanaVeritas

There is only good. Evil doesn't exist in the universe.
As almost everyone else told you, this is a debate forum, you are not debating but only proselyting and affirming things without bringing any things to back your claim. For instance, If i take what your saying, that there is only good, you need first to define what you intend by good evil and the universe. This is of primordial importance. Then when all your concept are defined you need to explain, using rational arguments why you support the position you are supporting.

arjuna

arjuna

'my' idea of universe and god: that is fairly huge. the whole universe and the limitless God from a speck of the universe in 'me'! funny.

Last edited:

arjuna

but if you want my opinion: the universe is all. 'God' is objective and subjective.
from my perspective, the objective part of God, due to my experience and effort, is reflected in the Bible (yet he-it-she-force is reflected in all things: nature, the texts of others, in the mind and heart of the world, in all thought systems: the pursuit of truth is the pursuit of God. now there are folks who distort in this effort)
but my comment is the God reflected in the Bible. From the beginning, there was a plan and the light was central. The Bible reflects Israelite history...
I am too tired after a long week of work. The textual part: contained within the Bible is a rising story: there is Revelation for Christians which is evil and other NT texts (as well as Gnostic texts) which are not. Luke equates 'good tree and good fruit' vv equating 'fruit' with 'word': so you know the person by the fruit he or she chooses: each tradition provides 'words' and the person can choose 'mercy/love/understanding' or 'division, fear, etc'....Jerusalem will bring first and second born together in Ishmael and Isaac, Esau and Jacob with woman and mother at center (see g of John).. there will be peace and Jew, Muslim and Christian and all humanity will come together in peace: there will be a second reconciliation of historical narrative (first follow documentary theory of Wellhausen and von Rad) so the particular will be strong in separate traditions yet there will be a universal shared brotherhood and sisterhood: all will celebrate in Jerusalem and Israel will be expanded and new self sufficient communities will spring in the 'wilderness': money for weapons will be used for land and peaceful network of communities: globalization will reign yet there will be self sufficient agricultural and small manufacturing small communities.. the rich will share with the poor. there will be a choice to enter into technology and growth and or simple cottage low technology communities...post without reading....quantum physics and Buddhism, Buddhism will be the general paradigm, lojong...peace and harmony will reign...