• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My take on same-sex attraction

Jonathan Bailey

Most people "appear heterosexual" on the surface. Ask yourself how many of those people have ever had a same-sex thought, fantasy or arousal over their lifetime. Many people lie to cover up homosexuality or bisexuality. Nobody ever covers up heterosexual feelings or thoughts.

I have heard that "most homosexuals wished they weren't". Is this because of the bad ways society treats homosexuals or has treated homosexuals in the past? Do black people loathe their own skin color because of the bad history behind the way people of color have been treated?

Before homosexuals and bisexuals can expect others to accept them the way they are, they have to first accept themselves the way they are. You can't begin to love others or accept love from others unless you first love yourself.

Nobody says to themselves "I choose to be attracted to the same sex and so I am". Nobody says to themselves "I choose to be attracted to the opposite sex and so I am". Nobody says to themselves "I choose to be attracted to both sexes and so I am". Nobody says to themselves "I choose to be attracted to no sex and so I am". Sexual orientation or attraction is not voluntary.

The biggest gay-bashers are homosexual underneath.

Biologists have witnessed at least 1,500 animal species' engaging in same-sex intercourse.

95% of all giraffe matings in the wild are male on male.

Besides biology there is psychology which is the human motivator for sexual attraction.

Nobody should feel ashamed about their sexual attraction. Nobody should be made to feel ashamed about their sexual attraction. A man should not be made to feel bad about being excited about penises. A woman should not be made to feel worthless about being excited about breasts.

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Biologists have witnessed at least 1,500 animal species engaging in same-sex intercourse.

95% of all giraffe matings in the wild are male on male.
Which means what, exactly? That we should do things just because animals do them? Regardless of my opinion on the matter, I find these facts irrelevant to the subject.

Jonathan Bailey

Which means what, exactly? That we should do things just because animals do them? Regardless of my opinion on the matter, I find these facts irrelevant to the subject.
The love of a man for penises other than his own is harmless.
The love of a woman for vulvas other than her own is harmless.
No, we should just live and let live and love and let love. Period.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Sex, gender and orientation are all complicated things. My mom is still trying to wrap her head around that not all transgenders transition for anything to do with orientation.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Homophobia is counterproductive...

I mean...lesbians don't steal your husband.
More lesbians= more males 4 me

Jonathan Bailey

Sex, gender and orientation are all complicated things. My mom is still trying to wrap her head around that not all transgenders transition for anything to do with orientation.

I have completely separated the gender identity and expression issue from the sexual orientation issue in my own way of thinking.

There are both sissy and macho guys turned on by only penises.
There are both sissy and macho guys turned on by only vulvas.
There are both sissy and macho guys turned on by both vulvas and penises.
There are both sissy and macho guys turned on neither by vulvas nor penises.

There are both butch and dainty gals hot for only vulvas.
There are both butch and dainty gals hot for only penises.
There are both butch and dainty gals hot for both penises and vulvas.
There are both butch and dainty gals hot for neither penises nor vulvas.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
No they are not irrelevant.
It shows that within animal species homosexuality is not unusual. So it is not unnatural in humans.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
No they are not irrelevant.
It shows that within animal species homosexuality is not unusual. So it is not unnatural in humans.

Yep. And if we make the argument that humans and animals are absolutely nothing alike, it leaves the question of why scientists are able to test human medicines ahead of time on animals.

pearl

Nobody says to themselves "I choose to be attracted to the same sex and so I am". Nobody says to themselves "I choose to be attracted to the opposite sex and so I am". Nobody says to themselves "I choose to be attracted to both sexes and so I am". Nobody says to themselves "I choose to be attracted to no sex and so I am". Sexual orientation or attraction is not voluntary.

This is key, but those opposed to homosexuality will seldom admit this.

Jonathan Bailey

This is key, but those opposed to homosexuality will seldom admit this.
Chances are many guys who appear homophobic on the outside probably jack off while thinking about smooth college boys or high-school/junior-high-school boys they saw nude in the locker room or young guys they saw in the shower while in the service.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It means we should treat it as an innocuous natural occurrence. Since clearly it is going by the evidence available. Unless you can give a substantive secular argument free from “its icky” or “it says no in insert holy book here.” And STDs don’t count, since that is not exclusive to gay people.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Humans usually do, though.
It's not really a decent argument though. Dolphins gang up on other dolphins and rape them. Chimpanzees throw poo. Mules kick people in the face. There's nothing we should copy there.