• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My spin on Neitzche's Will to Power

Ostronomos

Indifference to society is next to impossible. I am referring to total individuality. The usurping of one's power drives competition. Sometimes the power struggle can be between oneself.

Thoughts?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Indifference to society is next to impossible. I am referring to total individuality. The usurping of one's power drives competition. Sometimes the power struggle can be between oneself.

Thoughts?
Someone wanting to discuss Nietzsche should at least know his name.

wellwisher

Nietzsche claimed the exemplary human being must craft his/her own identity through self-realization and do so without relying on anything transcending that life—such as God or a soul.

Nietzsche's thesis for self realization is incomplete by modern standards. For example, human nature will transcend our life, since it is connected to our common human DNA and the human's brain's natural operating system; timeless collective human propensities. Read old literature and you can see how humans are still the same, in terms of basic needs.

Human nature is innate to all, and was here before us and will be there after us. My guess Nietzsche was only talking about ego-realization, and not realization of the ego plus the inner self, which today is called self actualization.

Nietzsche is often associated with will to power. This definitely sound like the ego. Why does the ego need power? Power is used to appease fear, by being able to control things. Where is this fear coming from? It actually comes from law, symbolized by tree of knowledge of good and evil. I call the unconscious affect the Satan subroutine. This subroutine was added to the natural brain's operating system, by the conflicting feelings created by law; relative good and evil.

Nietzsche was not trying to get to the root of the problem; law, but rather decided to use an extroverted solution to get rid of the symptoms, which then makes the problems worse, collectively and socially. This also sounds like the Satan subroutine in action, affecting consciousness.

Note; when the brain writes to memory it adds emotional tags to sensory content. In nature, the memory tagging typically occur one tag per situational memory. Law is a unique form of memory; due to language, in that it is a binary memory; good and evil.

Law is like a two sided coin, in that it is one thing; coin, but like a coin it implies two sides; the good and the evil. Like a coin, if we see heads, tails is implied on the flip side, even it we do not see it. The flip side of good is evil and vice versa.

The problem is this binary memory coin gets two conflicting memory tags; fear and rest. Conflicting emotions make it hard to settle any situation. For example, in a love-hate relationship you cannot just leave or stay, like you can with just love or with just hate. Instead you will orbit but not too close.

In the cases of law, this orbiting causes a repression, usually of the fear on the flip side of the law coin even when you try to do good. But since law requires you stay aware of the fear to make it affective, it comes back to the surface; unconsciously. Nietzsche sensed that fear, but he was more about getting rid of the symptoms. However, this is hard to do with power, since infinite power and control is never easy to achieve and tends make the fear and paranoia even worse.

Spiritual figures like Jesus dealt with this problem of law and fear in another way; forgiveness of sins. The goal was to change how we tagged the two sided coin of law; replace fear with concern and forgiveness. This weakens the satan subroutine, since behind your mistakes is not fear/pain, but forgiveness.

PureX

Veteran Member
I don't think it's power we're after so much as it's control. Being in control of ourselves and our environment is how we humans survive and thrive. It's our natural asset. Like elephants being large and cheetahs being fast and birds being able to fly. And the more control we have, the more able we are to attain all the things we need and want to survive and thrive in life.

Controlling our environment also means controlling each other. As we are in each other's environment and we are each trying to control as much of it as possible, which then means we are inevitably trying to control/subjugate each other. And sadly, this is where our greatest advantage becomes our greatest liability. Because it's what stops us from cooperating for the sake of everyone's mutual benefit, which would be FAR more efficient, effective, and result in a FAR better outcome for everyone.

We humans need to learn how to stop trying to control everything and everyone around us, and start cooperiating withe ach other for the sake of everyone's well-being, and not just our own. Especially now that there are so many of us trying live on the same planet. It's time for us to rise above our own Darwinian dumb animal selves and become fully human: beings that think and live cooperatively, and with the world around us, instead of off it, by exploiting it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Thoughts?
Why give a damn about a non-canon work that was put together by his ***** *** sister in a manner to deliberately appease her Nazi husband and Nazi officials (and, of course, Nietzsche himself detested those sorts)?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nietzsche claimed the exemplary human being must craft his/her own identity through self-realization and do so without relying on anything transcending that life—such as God or a soul.

Nietzsche's thesis for self realization is incomplete by modern standards. For example, human nature will transcend our life, since it is connected to our common human DNA and the human's brain's natural operating system; timeless collective human propensities. Read old literature and you can see how humans are still the same, in terms of basic needs.

Human nature is innate to all, and was here before us and will be there after us. My guess Nietzsche was only talking about ego-realization, and not realization of the ego plus the inner self, which today is called self actualization.

Nietzsche is often associated with will to power. This definitely sound like the ego. Why does the ego need power? Power is used to appease fear, by being able to control things. Where is this fear coming from? It actually comes from law, symbolized by tree of knowledge of good and evil. I call the unconscious affect the Satan subroutine. This subroutine was added to the natural brain's operating system, by the conflicting feelings created by law; relative good and evil.

Nietzsche was not trying to get to the root of the problem; law, but rather decided to use an extroverted solution to get rid of the symptoms, which then makes the problems worse, collectively and socially. This also sounds like the Satan subroutine in action, affecting consciousness.

Note; when the brain writes to memory it adds emotional tags to sensory content. In nature, the memory tagging typically occur one tag per situational memory. Law is a unique form of memory; due to language, in that it is a binary memory; good and evil.

Law is like a two sided coin, in that it is one thing; coin, but like a coin it implies two sides; the good and the evil. Like a coin, if we see heads, tails is implied on the flip side, even it we do not see it. The flip side of good is evil and vice versa.

The problem is this binary memory coin gets two conflicting memory tags; fear and rest. Conflicting emotions make it hard to settle any situation. For example, in a love-hate relationship you cannot just leave or stay, like you can with just love or with just hate. Instead you will orbit but not too close.

In the cases of law, this orbiting causes a repression, usually of the fear on the flip side of the law coin even when you try to do good. But since law requires you stay aware of the fear to make it affective, it comes back to the surface; unconsciously. Nietzsche sensed that fear, but he was more about getting rid of the symptoms. However, this is hard to do with power, since infinite power and control is never easy to achieve and tends make the fear and paranoia even worse.

Spiritual figures like Jesus dealt with this problem of law and fear in another way; forgiveness of sins. The goal was to change how we tagged the two sided coin of law; replace fear with concern and forgiveness. This weakens the satan subroutine, since behind your mistakes is not fear/pain, but forgiveness.
Have you read Nietzsche?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Has anyone, really?
Yeah. I haven'tread all his stuff, but I'm currently reading a pink/red discount print of Human, All to Human. And I've read enough to have profound respect for lust for life that blazed like a California Wildfire. He also has a lot of interesting and powerful metaphors and imagry going on, and Thus Spake Zarathustra showed he was capable of fiction as well. I've also read him enough to have some serious objections, and consider legit Stoicism something like Nietzsche but without the baggage.

Last edited: