• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My Son is Gay"

Ephesus662

Sunstone said:
There have been times and places (such as in ancient Greece, or in pre-modern Japan) when homosexuality was more accepted and less controversial than it is today in some places in America. So, I think it's possible for us (homosexual, bisexual, asexual, and heterosexual) to all live together and get along as well as humans manage to get along.

I have to ask you how close has America ever been to this.... not very. This is not very promising for our society today. In my opinion Americans are like some christains, they dont want to accept anything else but what they have been believing in, and are not subject to change those ways. I cannot coment on people in Ancient Greece or pre-modern Japan because i do not know their people or culture very well.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Ephesus662 said:
Could I ask what you are doing about this issue? Anything? If so that's great. Are you just thinking about this when you say"But I can't just sit here and ignore that there are people being deprived of their rights" or are you doing something about it?

At the moment I can't do as much as I like because I'm in a small town and I'm not quite ready to deal with my relatives knowing about it yet... I am open about it at school, though, and try to challenge the common misconceptions about homosexuality. Baby steps, really. I'm holding on to the hope that once people see that average people can be gay without following the stereotype it'll change their view about it, at least a little.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
I go to a catholic school and not many male gays are there, but there are a lot of women bis and lesbians. drats.

but this year we started a gay straight alliance under the cover of an Anti Discrimination Club so people wont get upset and not donate money to our needy school

skills101

Vicar of Christ
Ephesus662 said:
But you have to realize what your wanting to acheive here may never become reality, there are those people out there who follow their faith very very strictly and will not accept anything diffrent.
Many people thought very very strictly of not giving women their rights, and ending slavery, but finally, people stepped up in what they believed was right.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
somethings will never die. we have always had racism, there will always be racism. reality. but we must try to work against it.

Runt

That mother's post almost sounded like satire to me... like someone who believed homosexuality is okay was trying to make a point by writing from the point of view of someone who thinks it is immortal.

The alternative, that she might actually be serious, is very scary.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Runt said:
That mother's post almost sounded like satire to me... like someone who believed homosexuality is okay was trying to make a point by writing from the point of view of someone who thinks it is immortal.

The alternative, that she might actually be serious, is very scary.
The same thought crossed my mind, Runt. I figured I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. But even if her posts are satire, the responses to her posts are not -- and those responses are pretty awful.

chuck010342

how can a christian hate gays? this makes no sense from a logical or a theological point of view. JESUS NEVER SAID ANYTHING AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY. A true follower of christ would love a gay person the same as any other person? what kind of crap is that mother thining? she is not a christian

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
exactly. my blood boils whenever i go on that forum. i think its quite pathetic to see people have hate and animosity against muslims and gays, yet they have the audacity to call themselves christian.

hypocrites.

SoulTYPE

Well God didn't create people to be gay, merely in the sense that if he did, we wouldn't have a great reproduction rate, lol.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
SoulTYPE01 said:
Well God didn't create people to be gay, merely in the sense that if he did, we wouldn't have a great reproduction rate, lol.

Like we need fifty bajillion more people...

God didn't create people to overpopulate the earth to the point of her collapse, either.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
SoulTYPE01 said:
I'm gay, and I have two children. Kinda shoots your theory in the foot, huh?

SoulTYPE

I thought you gay people would say that. But if we couldn't reproduce the way God intended, where did your kids come from? Adopted?

We don't need 50 gazillion more people. We don't need fifty thousand more at the moment.

Man I can see me having a hard time on this board.

skills101

Vicar of Christ
SoulTYPE01 said:
I thought you gay people would say that. But if we couldn't reproduce the way God intended, where did your kids come from? Adopted?
You must understand something, my friend... these people may not be bound by the same rules you are. It is their way of life, just as Christianity is yours (I'm assuming you're Christian, please correct me if I'm wrong). In America, we have an ammendment involving freedom of religion. I'm going to reproduce the way I intend to reproduce, not that of another person's god.

There are a few options for gays and lesbians to choose from for having children, involving doners. It doesn't just come down to adoption.

Sorry if we hassle you in advance, it's what makes the board so great!Thanks!

SoulTYPE

LOL, I can see how you got the impression that I was a christian. I'm not however.

Anyways, I know of these "methods".

I don't have problems with people being gay, just not with me.

skills101 said:
Sorry if we hassle you in advance, it's what makes the board so great!Thanks!
As an ex admin and moderator of many forums, it CAN make a board great. However, it can also have the reverse effect. Now, the authorities on this board have assured me that flaming and lynching is not tolerated, I'll stick to that. But that is what the "greatness" usually can turn to.

Pah

Uber all member
Jensa said:
Is that for both genders, or just one or the other? If it's for both, I can vouch that I have a very agressive mother.. though I'm not sure how something like that can contribute to sexuality. Then again, I'm not a psychologist, so. ;)

I'm sorry I missed your post Jensa.

I understand that it applies to male homosexuals. I have not seen any explanation. I would not be surprised if it was thought to occur about the time in development when an Oedipal situation occurs.

But that would be reason to think homosexuality was a disease and that train of thought has been ruled out for many years. But of course, that psychological judgement has not stopped the argument from going around homophobic circles.

-pah-

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
God did. its a form of love, and besides, you can be spiritual and gay at the same time. you can achieve heaven being gay.

i believe that this gay thing could be a gift of God (or perhaps the work of my karma) to open my perspectives. i can honestly say, if i was not gay, i probably would have been anti gay, because i used to be soo closeminded and not look at things from other perspectives.

its all good.

cept for that kid who died. well maybe thats good. just to show how hate can hurt everyone, especially teens, especially when they are soo dramatic and impressionable. its sad.

robtex

Veteran Member
Gerani that is the saddest thing that I have read today. It was very caring of you to console her but she does bare much of the blame. She created the enviorment that he killed himself in, she pushed him to subscibe to a doctrine that labeled him a lost cause --in as far as one can't change their sexual orientation. She, as his emotional provider gave him an equation where death was a plausible answer.

Mr Emu have you really read any of the research on homosexuality or is the Bible your only source? If it is click on the last two links please. Knowing that the boy killed himself and seeing it a real threat, that a young homosexual trapped in the anti-gay Christian paradign might use sucide as a way out, would you still preach the gospel to him and condem a child as a heretic?

I have an observation on the post by Betty on that forum. She said, " and that if he couldnt change his orientation he could be celibate like most the ex-gays are." She acknowledge his sexual orientation, acknowledge that he found guilt, conflict, sadness, depression and pain in it but denied that it was not willful? By saying that Betty is saying that her child sought guilt, conflict, sadness, depression and pain on a voluntary basis.

One would have a very hard time selling me that 13 year old kids aggressivly seek those qualities in their life.

http://www.counterbalance.net/genetics/orient-body.html

http://www.narth.com/docs/bioresearch.html

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
yes, the whole forum is a bundle of hipocracies. one of thier branch sites is a rant for How God Hates Child molesters, yet they preach they have unconditional love. what ticked me off is when they said that buddhists will chant thier annoying chant in Hell. that was the final straw of my tolerance for thier *christian-ness*.