• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My Son is Gay"

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
pah said:
One, off the top of my head, is the commonality (not universal amongst homosexuals) of an "aggressive" mother.
Is that for both genders, or just one or the other? If it's for both, I can vouch that I have a very agressive mother.. though I'm not sure how something like that can contribute to sexuality. Then again, I'm not a psychologist, so. ;)

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
standing_on_one_foot said:
As was pointed out, why would you want to choose to be homosexual? You don't just wake up one morning and go, "Gee, you know, I think I'll like men more than women today." (or vice versa, if you're a woman) I mean, why?
LMAO! Those are almost the exact same words I said to my father! We don't speak now. :rolleyes:

skills101

Vicar of Christ
standing_on_one_foot said:
Well, my view on the matter is that people really don't get much say in their sexual orientation. As was pointed out, why would you want to choose to be homosexual? You don't just wake up one morning and go, "Gee, you know, I think I'll like men more than women today." (or vice versa, if you're a woman) I mean, why?
I'm sure only a true homosexual can answer that question.

linwood

I once posted a scan of the chapter in Evolutions Rainbow by Joan Roughgarden called Sexual Orientation in another board. It is very long and would cover many posts.

Pah I`m not management but I would like to see it.
I was contemplating buying the book last week but put it off

Whatever happened to freedom of choice, something Christianity has preached for a millenium?

Is that THIS milenium?

I somehow missed that.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
skills101 said:
I'm sure only a true homosexual can answer that question.
yes, why would we? i dont know. was it my family and my surroundings? not really. i think it has to do with genetics. like a genentic mutation of some sort. i dont know... i just feel that way.

well, theres another good reason why i like boys, GIRLS HAVE COOTIES! ewww.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Gerani1248 said:
GIRLS HAVE COOTIES! ewww.
If true, this is alarming news. As a heterosexual, I think this calls for closer -- much closer -- inspection. Any volunteers?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Sunstone said:
Gerani1248 said:
GIRLS HAVE COOTIES! ewww.
If true, this is alarming news. As a heterosexual, I think this calls for closer -- much closer -- inspection. Any volunteers?
Ooh! *waving hand frantically and jumping up and down* Me! Pick me!! :p

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
lol. i was kidding. i really dont know why, perhaps its for the same reason why you are attracted to the opposite sex. and the "it was meant to be!" reason doesnt work here...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think you did the right thing, Gerani. You tried to talk sense into her while her son was still alive, and then you sent her very decent condolences. There isn't much else you could do.

I was sickenned to read the spin Aineo tried to put on her son's sucide, blaming it on adult homosexuals. With friends like that, the mother doesn't need enemies.

Maybe someday this craziness will end.

Ephesus662

Sunstone said:
This woman is really screwed up when it comes to understanding homosexuality, and a large measure of the fault for that probably has something to do with her religion.
So your blaming her religion because she wants to do whats she thinks is best best for her son? Why are you blameing her religion?, if your going to blame anything, blame her for having this religion,not the religion itself, which you dont think is correct. If he wants to be this way he must realize he will be upsetting his mother and many people around him, and going against his mothers religion, mabey his,(i dont know if he has the same religion as his mother or not).

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Gerani1248 said:
maybe..............
The madness won't end if good people do nothing. To end it, good people must oppose it. That's why what you have been doing on that forum is so important, Gerani.

Ephesus662

Sunstone said:
The madness won't end if good people do nothing. To end it, good people must oppose it. That's why what you have been doing on that forum is so important, Gerani.
Help me understand, what do you mean when you say good people?

Ephesus662

Sunstone said:
I mean that those who are working to end homophobia are doing good.
Ok thank you, this is very true i would like to see people more accepting of this also, and yes i am a christian.... but all christians do not think alike. I hate how some people think that if you are a christian you have the same exact beliefs as every other christian:mad:. But you have to realize what your wanting to acheive here may never become reality, there are those people out there who follow their faith very very strictly and will not accept anything diffrent.
This has nothing to do with anything, but who are you voting for?.... Kerry? It seems to me that you want people to be able to make their own decisions and be happy, which is great, and the way i see it Kerry wants this also. Again this is not concerning this topic.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Ephesus662 said:
But you have to realize what your wanting to acheive here may never become reality, there are those people out there who follow their faith very very strictly and will not accept anything diffrent.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I did want to toss this in...

It may never become a reality... and I'm dead sure it won't become a reality in my time. But I can't just sit here and ignore that there are people being deprived of their rights, being scorned for who they are, who they love, and for not adhering to an ancient text.

People may never accept it, but maybe one day they'll come to not shun it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There have been times and places (such as in ancient Greece, or in pre-modern Japan) when homosexuality was more accepted and less controversial than it is today in some places in America. So, I think it's possible for us (homosexual, bisexual, asexual, and heterosexual) to all live together and get along as well as humans manage to get along.

Yes, it's off topic, but since you ask: I'm voting for Kerry this year. And yes, one of the things that appeals to me about Kerry is that he seems to be more tolerant of diversity than his opponent.

Ephesus662

Jensa said:
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I did want to toss this in...

It may never become a reality... and I'm dead sure it won't become a reality in my time. But I can't just sit here and ignore that there are people being deprived of their rights, being scorned for who they are, who they love, and for not adhering to an ancient text.

People may never accept it, but maybe one day they'll come to not shun it.
Could I ask what you are doing about this issue? Anything? If so that's great. Are you just thinking about this when you say"But I can't just sit here and ignore that there are people being deprived of their rights" or are you doing something about it?