• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My sister got saved last night

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Something about being saved just ignites people to spread the news. It's one thing to spread the good news. When I had a girlfriend, I spread the good news too. But it's another to convince people their good news is supposed to be yours. She mentioned people just don't get it.
I cannot imagine anyone going through a household where the good news is always being spread while saying, "its your choice" at the same time. She says that we all get it but we're saying it in different languages (religions and perspectives).
But what got me was she said she got all the answers. She said she was humble and that's how she got the answers.
I've always been flabbergasted over this type of thinking. Even on RF, people just. don't. get it.
I find there is something about being saved in what Jesus said at Matthew 24:13 ' the one who is saved is the one who endures to the end .
So, one is Not actually saved unless faithful to death, or faithful to the coming 'time of separation' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree. I keep forgetting how my siblings have changed so much. I think it would crush her spirit if she got the click that she doesn't (and can't) know everything. I assumed that's why god is considered mysterious.
That in itself says it all. The God we can't fathom, is replaced with the one we can, which looks a lot like a better version of ourselves. That is safer than to fall into the Cloud of Unknowing, as the Christian mystic once called it. That's a scary place where faith has to carry you through, seeing what you fear stand as a wall between you and freedom. So some when faced with that Abyss, retreat to somewhere safer, "I now have the answers!" It's a retreat, but that retreat could also be part of their path. So there is something there to respect for them, as foreign for you as that might be.

If one knew everything (was god), then why look for him. Although it's gotten a bad reputation, god of the gaps does help a lot of people. Some can be critical and still hold their faith and others depend on it on faith and hope the eggs won't crack.
Yeah, I see god of the gaps as the latter, that they hope the egg won't crack. It's a lot of pressure on hope for an answer, whereas the true place to look is in release. "I don't know", is the beginning of true Wisdom. She may find that at some point.

If I may ask, is she younger or older in life?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, it is an exciting moment for a person who basically got their lights turned on..........................

I find it is one thing to have that "Ah-Ha" moment ( when something clicks ) but it is a whole different matter as to when one is saved. - Matthew 24:13.
The great crowd of people of Revelation 7:9,14 are Not saved ( delivered / rescued) until the coming ' separating time ' to take place on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I have a friend who's in love with his girlfriend but is conflicted about giving up his girlfriend for Christian dogma.
He has a healthy happy child from a previous relationship. But he feels a calling to change everything because he doesn't want to go to hell even though he is very happy with everything in his life.
Talk about craziness. I wish all this born again saved rubbish would just end already. Family and friends have put me in a corner with it. I don't buy in. I keep losing people to this religion. And the false sense of guilt thrown my way is a bit overwhelming.
By praying the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for " Jesus to come!" is asking for all the ' saved rubbish ' would just end already.
What I am referring to as ' rubbish ' is the false religious-myth teaching about biblical hell being taught by false clergy as being Scripture.
Since the dead know nothing but 'sleep' then there is No pain in biblical hell ( John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
So, while righteous dead Jesus was in the Bible's hell, he was just in the grave - Acts of the Apostles 2:27.
When King James Version translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire that put the flames in the grave.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever.
So, it is No wonder what the Bible really teaches is that the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7
The choice is ' repent ' or ' perish ' ( perish means destroyed ) as per 2 Peter 3:9

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
By praying the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for " Jesus to come!" is asking for all the ' saved rubbish ' would just end already.
What I am referring to as ' rubbish ' is the false religious-myth teaching about biblical hell being taught by false clergy as being Scripture.
Since the dead know nothing but 'sleep' then there is No pain in biblical hell ( John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
So, while righteous dead Jesus was in the Bible's hell, he was just in the grave - Acts of the Apostles 2:27.
When King James Version translated the word Gehenna into English as hell fire that put the flames in the grave.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever.
So, it is No wonder what the Bible really teaches is that the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalms 92:7
The choice is ' repent ' or ' perish ' ( perish means destroyed ) as per 2 Peter 3:9

Are you saying it's wicked to be unable to see the existence of God being real. And is it also wicked to not be able to see the justice of the Bible?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Are you saying it's wicked to be unable to see the existence of God being real. And is it also wicked to not be able to see the justice of the Bible?
I am Not sure as to what you are referring because in Scripture God is real.
I know of No Scripture that says: it is wicked to not be able to see the justice of the Bible.
Jesus taught his God is real, and the Bible book of Acts teaches that the God of Jesus resurrected the dead Jesus out of the grave (KJV hell) - Acts 2:27.
Jesus directs us as to the worship of his God at John 4:23-24.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I am Not sure as to what you are referring because in Scripture God is real.
I know of No Scripture that says: it is wicked to not be able to see the justice of the Bible.
Jesus taught his God is real, and the Bible book of Acts teaches that the God of Jesus resurrected the dead Jesus out of the grave (KJV hell) - Acts 2:27.
Jesus directs us as to the worship of his God at John 4:23-24.

Well then if I am honestly unable to see all this as real, and if I don't actually honestly see the justice in the Bible then I won't lose sleep over it.

Deidre

I think part of spreading the ''Good News'' comes from the idea of wanting others to feel as hopeful as you feel, from following God. But, faith is a journey, and it's not a simple thing at all, to come to believing and following Jesus. I'm happy for your sister, though. :sunflower:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well then if I am honestly unable to see all this as real, and if I don't actually honestly see the justice in the Bible then I won't lose sleep over it.
By praying the invitation for " Jesus to come ! " - Revelation 22:20 is actually honestly seeing the justice in the Bible.
While on Earth Jesus cured many people, he healed them.
Jesus was giving us a preview , a coming attraction of what he will be doing on a grand-global scale.
Revelation 22:2 lets us know that there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.
'Healing' as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
The time is coming when No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24.

Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham at Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18
Promise that ALL families of Earth will be blessed.
Promise that ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of ' healing ' for both man and Earth.
For God will bring to ruing those ruining the Earth as per Revelation 11:18 B.
So, there will be justice for the righteous ones - Matthew 25:37

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I was talking to my sister just awhile ago. She was telling me that everyone has this "click." That once people get life, they will understand everything. That was fine, then after she was talking more, she was more everyone is going to click to get god. The weird thing was, though, was that it was hard for her to see outside of this-that people's click isn't hers. Then she says, "I have the answers. I'm just planting the seed..." it spell bounded me.

She invited me to see her (we haven't met in awhile) and my mother together since we're so spread out. Then it dawned on me, she wanted us to meet so she can plant the seed, and "answer any questions we may have." I told her I didn't want to stay with her if I knew she was going to preach to me. (I think she said she was a preacher of some sort-I asked because of the language and tone) We're going to meet, but now I know the intent, I just feel it's inappropriate to stay with her (and my mother) knowing that my mother and I are not god believers.

Something about being saved just ignites people to spread the news. It's one thing to spread the good news. When I had a girlfriend, I spread the good news too. But it's another to convince people their good news is supposed to be yours. She mentioned people just don't get it.

I cannot imagine anyone going through a household where the good news is always being spread while saying, "its your choice" at the same time. She says that we all get it but we're saying it in different languages (religions and perspectives).

But what got me was she said she got all the answers. She said she was humble and that's how she got the answers.

I've always been flabbergasted over this type of thinking. Even on RF, people just. don't. get it.

I experienced this "click" when I first became part of my previous religion. Then with more knowledge I found out that it wasn't what it was cracked up to be. It is a psychological thing. I get the same feeling when I connect pieces of a puzzle together. It is like a Eurica moment.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I find it is one thing to have that "Ah-Ha" moment ( when something clicks ) but it is a whole different matter as to when one is saved. - Matthew 24:13.
The great crowd of people of Revelation 7:9,14 are Not saved ( delivered / rescued) until the coming ' separating time ' to take place on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

Are you saying that when you are saved you don't have an "ah-Ha" moment?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I experienced this "click" when I first became part of my previous religion. Then with more knowledge I found out that it wasn't what it was cracked up to be. It is a psychological thing. I get the same feeling when I connect pieces of a puzzle together. It is like a Eurica moment.

Pretty much. When I tried to explain this (different words, I guess) to my sister, she says: "you got it!" I don't think she can tell that every other person has eureka moments without it needing to be in relation to religion. If I don't mention the traditions and religious words and just the experience of Eureka, people put in their own cause and say I got it without knowing the context in which my eureka came from.

It is psychological. Don't think many would get that. It's funny cause when I practiced Buddhism, I did the same thing-talked about it without referring to religious terms and traditions. They said I got it too.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Pretty much. When I tried to explain this (different words, I guess) to my sister, she says: "you got it!" I don't think she can tell that every other person has eureka moments without it needing to be in relation to religion. If I don't mention the traditions and religious words and just the experience of Eureka, people put in their own cause and say I got it without knowing the context in which my eureka came from.

It is psychological. Don't think many would get that. It's funny cause when I practiced Buddhism, I did the same thing-talked about it without referring to religious terms and traditions. They said I got it too.

That is how you spell "Eureka". Haha!

What I find strange is that certain religious people only apply certain experiences as applying to their religion without actually checking whether people of other religions experience the same thing. But I guess it is a result of ignorance on their part.

An example is when we went to hospital to see a sick sister. At the end of the visit we prayed for her. When we left we saw an old muslim couple praying for someone. One of the brothers commented "why are they praying? ". He couldn't understand why a muslim was praying for the wellbeing of someone else when we literally did the same thing minuted before. It was a very weird moment.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is how you spell "Eureka". Haha!

What I find strange is that certain religious people only apply certain experiences as applying to their religion without actually checking whether people of other religions experience the same thing. But I guess it is a result of ignorance on their part.

An example is when we went to hospital to see a sick sister. At the end of the visit we prayed for her. When we left we saw an old muslim couple praying for someone. One of the brothers commented "why are they praying? ". He couldn't understand why a muslim was praying for the wellbeing of someone else when we literally did the same thing minuted before. It was a very weird moment.

Oh, wow. I couldn't even answer that myself. Hm.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That in itself says it all. The God we can't fathom, is replaced with the one we can, which looks a lot like a better version of ourselves. That is safer than to fall into the Cloud of Unknowing, as the Christian mystic once called it. That's a scary place where faith has to carry you through, seeing what you fear stand as a wall between you and freedom. So some when faced with that Abyss, retreat to somewhere safer, "I now have the answers!" It's a retreat, but that retreat could also be part of their path. So there is something there to respect for them, as foreign for you as that might be.

Yeah, I see god of the gaps as the latter, that they hope the egg won't crack. It's a lot of pressure on hope for an answer, whereas the true place to look is in release. "I don't know", is the beginning of true Wisdom. She may find that at some point.

If I may ask, is she younger or older in life?

This reminds me of one of my favorite childhood movies and book called Neverending Story. Atreyu's second challenge to his goal was to look in this mirror (door). Like any other mirror, it cast his reflection. However, in this case, the reflection it cast was his true self that people usually ignore or deny. Some people run away screaming when they see who they really are. The challenge was to get through the gate by accepting who one is whether that be of strength or of fear.

Let me she's, she's born in '99 so she's 27.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I find there is something about being saved in what Jesus said at Matthew 24:13 ' the one who is saved is the one who endures to the end .
So, one is Not actually saved unless faithful to death, or faithful to the coming 'time of separation' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40

What would be the equivalent of the word saved based on what she felt?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Oh, wow. I couldn't even answer that myself. Hm.

Actually it could just be someone acknowledging the futility of praying to someone who is not God and who is not going to answer their prayers. God exists but he is not part of every religion that professes to worship him. He is one God who has one truth and only the genuine seekers will find him. (John 6:44; 65)

Why does this incident have to be taken judgmentally, when it may have just been an innocent expression of genuine sadness that so many people pray to gods who don't exist, and will never answer their prayers, leading many to conclude that 1) God is either not listening or is not there. Or 2) that he does not count them worthy to be he heard, and to grant their request. Both are devastating to a person's faith. What are people to conclude when their prayers go unanswered?

What do people expect when they pray? A personal miracle? What is the purpose of prayer anyway?

This is why personal judgments based on seeing or hearing something and interpreting it as having some evil intent, can tip a person over the edge and land them in a ditch of uncertainty. Not a great place to find yourself lost. Mind you, God has his way of showing people the door when he sees a judgmental spirit. If God has already foreseen a future problem, he can open the door to allow those ones to exit of their own volition.

If you are "found" and you wander off over misconceptions, what is the point of getting "lost" again? :shrug: Isn't it better not to judge your brothers in the first place? We can let God do that....or don't we trust him?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Actually it could just be someone acknowledging the futility of praying to someone who is not God and who is not going to answer their prayers. God exists but he is not part of every religion that professes to worship him. He is one God who has one truth and only the genuine seekers will find him. (John 6:44; 65)

Why does this incident have to be taken judgmentally, when it may have just been an innocent expression of genuine sadness that so many people pray to gods who don't exist, and will never answer their prayers, leading many to conclude that 1) God is either not listening or is not there. Or 2) that he does not count them worthy to be he heard, and to grant their request. Both are devastating to a person's faith. What are people to conclude when their prayers go unanswered?

What do people expect when they pray? A personal miracle? What is the purpose of prayer anyway?

This is why personal judgments based on seeing or hearing something and interpreting it as having some evil intent, can tip a person over the edge and land them in a ditch of uncertainty. Not a great place to find yourself lost. Mind you, God has his way of showing people the door when he sees a judgmental spirit. If God has already foreseen a future problem, he can open the door to allow those ones to exit of their own volition.

If you are "found" and you wander off over misconceptions, what is the point of getting "lost" again? :shrug: Isn't it better not to judge your brothers in the first place? We can let God do that....or don't we trust him?

I just don't have that negative view on people's religion. I can't even concur with you even if I believed in God because even if I did, that wouldn't depreciate they are praying to a real god who answers real prayers with the intent as a Christian, Hindu, so have you. I'm not sure how these views against other people's view and belief in God even help you spiritually grow.

I'm about to head to bed but, but god jesus, deeje, is there a way to see peoples religions and prayer to god as a positive without strings attached?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I just don't have that negative view on people's religion. I can't even concur with you even if I believed in God because even if I did, that wouldn't depreciate they are praying to a real god who answers real prayers with the intent as a Christian, Hindu, so have you. I'm not sure how these views against other people's view and belief in God even help you spiritually grow.

I'm about to head to bed but, but god jesus, deeje, is there a way to see peoples religions and prayer to god as a positive without strings attached?

Yes.....the positive thing is that it demonstrates that these people are at least spiritual, albeit misguided in their worship.
Why did Jesus preach to the Jews? Why did the apostles preach to the Gentiles? They got the same message, but one group by and large said "no thanks, he is not our Messiah" whereas the Gentile heathens responded and came to worship the true God through the teachings of his son.
Those formerly "saved" lost their place and it was given to those whose worship God accepted.

How does one know if they are misguided? Simple.....they just need to learn about God and demonstrate a desire to please him instead of themselves.

There is criteria.....following Jesus' teachings to the letter, and demonstrating obedience to God's laws in everything. Jesus said that he would have the "good news of the Kingdom preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations" before he brings an "end" to this present world system of things. (Matthew 24:14) That means that everyone gets a shot at hearing the message to either accept it or to reject it. There will be no interference from God in this decision making process. Its entirely up to us whether the message has meaning to us or not. It is offered but never forced. It is separating people as we speak.

No one will have grounds to blame God for their own choices.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I understand the possibility of your point in the context you are stating, but that wasn't the case in this incident because the brother was a good friend of mine and how he thought. He literally couldn't put himself in their shoes and understand why they were praying.

Someone else could say the same about your faith which is why the argument doesn't work. Evidently the muslims do feel as if their prayers will be answered which is why they were praying. I know many other religions in which people say that God has answered their prayers, especially muslims.

Another point that other religions can apply to your faith. Catholics, protestants etc, can all say that God showed you the door. I find it strange that you of all people made a comment on being judgemental. Isn't that hypocrisy on your part since that is your MO, like in the above quote from your post?

Doesn't the bible say that one must correct their brothers and sisters when they make a mistake? In order to do that one must make a judgement call first.

Also judging someone isn't wrong:

John 7:24
"Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Judging someone is an important part of your faith.