• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My scientific discovery about the Nativity of Jesus

lostwanderingsoul

The shepherds were tending their flocks in the mountains when Jesus was born. This does not happen in Decamber because it is too cold. They move to warmer areas before December. Jesus was probably born around October.and a few years before 7 BC.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The shepherds were tending their flocks in the mountains when Jesus was born. This does not happen in Decamber because it is too cold. They move to warmer areas before December. Jesus was probably born around October.and a few years before 7 BC.
... but also while Quirinius was governor of Syria, so after 6 AD.

I'd say that one of two things is going on (or both of them):

- the Bible got some details wrong.
- the Jesus story is a mixture of the stories of different people (real, made up, or both).

roger1440

I do stuff
Jesus is the shepherd for the lost sheep. Maybe the sheep been lost since the summer.

retkucli

Non-Binary Transhumanist
Hello,

I'm from Belgium but I live now in Mexico. Some years ago I wrote a private thesis about an astonishing discovery I did while I was researching about Matthew's gospel.

Really unexpectedly, the chapter II (Nativity of Jesus) turned out to be scientifically provable. I mean by a mathematical demonstration (and not just philosophical arguments).

As I live among my cactuses (cacti) I have no possibility to show my discovery to anybody. Even, I don't know if anybody could be interested in that ?

Here is a link to my work (in french) :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2t_eia...lJSUU/view

My work in some words:

1) Taking the conjunction (Jupiter/Saturn) of 7 BC , the topology of Jerusalem, Bethlehem (distances, timing etc...) and a software of planetology.
I can show that the Wise men's travel - is scientifically plausible. As far as I know, nobody did this work until now.

2) Using my model (distances, timing, orientation etc...), I can force the equations to give me a "most probable date" for this event.
Here the answer is the 25th of December....

3) But is such an event - historically/geopolitically plausible ? Here again the answer is Yes - for many reasons (see my thesis)

4) Is the conjunction of 7BC exceptional ? Yes, in many ways this conjunction is extraordinary.
Just an example : Between 600 BC and 2400 AD (over a period of 3000 Years), these planets (Jupiter/Saturn) was in conjunction many times but, it was in perfect conjunction 3x only in 7 BC...
But indeed there are many other amazing aspects.

You are aware that the early Christians did not celebrate Christmas on December 25th right?

Milton Platt

Hello,

I'm from Belgium but I live now in Mexico. Some years ago I wrote a private thesis about an astonishing discovery I did while I was researching about Matthew's gospel.

Really unexpectedly, the chapter II (Nativity of Jesus) turned out to be scientifically provable. I mean by a mathematical demonstration (and not just philosophical arguments).

As I live among my cactuses (cacti) I have no possibility to show my discovery to anybody. Even, I don't know if anybody could be interested in that ?

Here is a link to my work (in french) :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2t_eia...lJSUU/view

My work in some words:

1) Taking the conjunction (Jupiter/Saturn) of 7 BC , the topology of Jerusalem, Bethlehem (distances, timing etc...) and a software of planetology.
I can show that the Wise men's travel - is scientifically plausible. As far as I know, nobody did this work until now.

2) Using my model (distances, timing, orientation etc...), I can force the equations to give me a "most probable date" for this event.
Here the answer is the 25th of December....

3) But is such an event - historically/geopolitically plausible ? Here again the answer is Yes - for many reasons (see my thesis)

4) Is the conjunction of 7BC exceptional ? Yes, in many ways this conjunction is extraordinary.
Just an example : Between 600 BC and 2400 AD (over a period of 3000 Years), these planets (Jupiter/Saturn) was in conjunction many times but, it was in perfect conjunction 3x only in 7 BC...
But indeed there are many other amazing aspects.

I have no idea what you are smoking, buddy, but this does not get you to "Jesus in the manger". Sorry.

Skwim

Veteran Member
PS: Skwim, your question is very interesting and right at the center of my demonstration. You will find all your answers in my thesis. (Thank you for you question)
I took a look at your thesis, and while I couldn't read it I do believe I understand what you're saying in a couple of your illustrations. You seem to be implying that as Jupiter moves across the sky it lines up with specific points on Earth. If this is so, let me point out the following.

From looking at the scale in FIG 1 of your picture you seem to be implying that as Jupiter sits in the sky it lines up with a very specif point on earth. But consider that Jupiter, as shown in FIG 2, is vastly larger than Earth. And while it may be quite a distance from Earth, as shown in FIG 3, the relative sizes of the two planets remain the same. In effect, this means that as shown in Figures 4-a through 4-c [the series shows the relationship between the two planets if Earth were brought closer to Jupiter] Jupiter covers the whole of Earth, and it cannot be said that it points to any one place on earth more than any another, which is shown in FIG 4-c: Jupiter points to Jerusalem just as much as it does to Bethlehem.

Now if one wishes to contend that as a point in the sky Jupiter sweeps across the face of the Earth much like the Sun describes an noon-arc as the Earth turns, because of its size Jupiter also describes an arc line, not the path of a point, as the Earth turns. FIG 5 shows just such an arc line, where upon every point on it is equally "under" Jupiter at the same time. And, in as much as it's Earth's West to East rotation that produce such a moving arc line, and Jerusalem and Bethlehem being on the same longitude, both fall under the arc line at the same time. So, there would be no following Jupiter, the "star," from Jerusalem to Bethlehem.​

size%20of%20jupiter%20to%20earth%20%20C%20revised_zpsonvhmaxk.png

Last edited: