• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My response to Yazata on Moral Realism

Ostronomos

Yazata said:
2. Moral realism is true -

That seems to me to be false as well.

Humans do seem to be pretty much on the same page as far as basic social instincts go. Most of us feel compassion, have a sense of fairness and reciprocity, and the abiity to "mind-read" others of our kind so as to intuit their emotional states.

But other than that, whatever moral ideas are built atop it are all over the map.

The video implicitly acknowledges that by saying...
You seem to think that the immaterial influence of a moral or immoral sight is not objective, when it is. For example, there are undeniable effects of an immoral image, or better yet, evil image that demonstrates that there is indeed a metaphysical element that goes beyond the material or concrete or phenomenal events associated with the image. A person's beliefs have real subjective impact and in the Quantum realm, the subjective IS the objective inside out and has influence on the wavefunction!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You lost your claim to realism when you mentioned metaphysical