• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My religion: Your questions answered...

LillyChaos

Umm. No. It means in the sense of Noble or Gentleman or Gentle-woman. Noble Gas etc.

For example Buddhist 4 Noble Truth is a direct translation from Arya (Noble) Satya (Truth).

Noble:

adjective
adjective: noble; comparative adjective: nobler; superlative adjective: noblest
  1. belonging by rank, title, or birth to the aristocracy.

2. having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles.
Such as a gentleman or gentlewoman.

Essentially, the word means a supreme person or a person showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles as a result of their conduct.

So, yeah; essentially it employs very similar usage as the Nazi's did.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Essentially, the word means a supreme person or a person showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles as a result of their conduct.
This could not be more different than how the word was used by nazis. They didn't think people were supreme because of their conduct. They thought they were supreme because of their race/nationality.

DavidFirth

Not sure. How many?

Only 1 I know of.

And that one claimed that all the other prophets and apostles were misinterpreted, misquoted or were just plain wrong. So he wrote his own book to read the way he wanted. It's called the Quran. I choose to believe the authors of the OT and NT rather than that one guy who decided the Bible was wrong.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Meh. None of the criteria are perfect. The BIC has its issues too, for example. People often go with what they're used to, what they find easiest to apply, what makes most sense to them.

As my statistics instructor said, there is no algorithm that can do your thinking for you.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Shalom.

Wikipedia: Aryan/Religious Use makes no reference to Islaam, and my cursory search on the term offers little other than "'Aryan' Islam" being used as roughly equivalent to "Persian" Islam. So, my question is: Is "Aryan Islaam" a standard designation or one of your own creation, and
  • if the former, can you provide references that may further clarify this category/denomination, and
  • if the latter, why do you feel a need to create a designation that seems to serve only to distinguish yourself from other Muslims?

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Shalom.

Wikipedia: Aryan/Religious Use makes no reference to Islaam, and my cursory search on the term offers little other than "'Aryan' Islam" being used as roughly equivalent to "Persian" Islam. So, my question is: Is "Aryan Islaam" a standard designation or one of your own creation, and
  • if the former, can you provide references that may further clarify this category/denomination, and
  • if the latter, why do you feel a need to create a designation that seems to serve only to distinguish yourself from other Muslims?

Peace be upon you.

Wrt your questions:
  • One of my own choosing/creation
  • Because my beliefs in particular are rather different to those of I suspect the vast majority of other Muslims!