• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My religion: Your questions answered...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In your opinion is there any reason to pray for people who have died? What is the nature of prayer?

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
How is Aryan Islam different from other kinds of Islam?
What is your take on the Quran?
Which Hadiths do you follow?

Ooh, in all sorts of ways. Don't believe in death for a start. Don't believe in a far-off Day of Judgment.
My take on the Qur'aan? It contains plenty of sound advice.
The Ahadeeth? I follow whichever ones I agree with!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't really believe in praying for people. For me prayer is all about remembering, connecting with God.
I grasp prayer may not be prayer for people. I have heard of prayer for various purposes. I do not quite hear what you mean by prayer for remembering, so what kind of remembering is it? Do you mean remembering someone, something? Why do you do this?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ooh, in all sorts of ways. Don't believe in death for a start. Don't believe in a far-off Day of Judgment.
My take on the Qur'aan? It contains plenty of sound advice.
The Ahadeeth? I follow whichever ones I agree with!
So you are a non-literalist? Do not believe Quran was dictated by an Angel?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
If the Akaike information criterion is so unreliable in producing dependable multiple linear regression models, then why is it so widely used?

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
I grasp prayer may not be prayer for people. I have heard of prayer for various purposes. I do not quite hear what you mean by prayer for remembering, so what kind of remembering is it? Do you mean remembering someone, something? Why do you do this?

Sorry, should have made that clearer - remembering God. Or rather, reminding myself to remember God always. Why do I pray? Cuz I don't always remember God always!

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
If the Akaike information criterion is so unreliable in producing dependable multiple linear regression models, then why is it so widely used?

Meh. None of the criteria are perfect. The BIC has its issues too, for example. People often go with what they're used to, what they find easiest to apply, what makes most sense to them.