• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Recent Trip to Israel Video

I would like to share a video of my recent trip I did to Israel taking video footage using my Mavic drone and GoPro, going city to city all over Israel, which is the land we will be given to rule the earth from when Yeshuah returns, I hope you enjoy the video and can catch a glimpse of the beauty of Israel through my eyes,

Tumah

Veteran Member
If your going to wear you're phylacteries in the custom of the Pharisaic Jews, why wear it upside down and on your forehead?
And if you're going to using Jewish dating conventions, why mis-date the year by 212 years?
I just don't get it.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I would like to share a video of my recent trip I did to Israel taking video footage using my Mavic drone and GoPro, going city to city all over Israel, which is the land we will be given to rule the earth from when Yeshuah returns, I hope you enjoy the video and can catch a glimpse of the beauty of Israel through my eyes,

Thanks.
Population 8.5 million, and rising. Looks packed.
Masada looks interesting, but only got a glimpse. Would have liked to see more. I guess I'll go explore it on the internet.
I actually got to see Armageddon - the plains of Jezreel!
Oh. The Red Sea looks blue though.

Thanks for sharing.

If your going to wear you're phylacteries in the custom of the Pharisaic Jews, why wear it upside down and on your forehead?
And if you're going to using Jewish dating conventions, why mis-date the year by 212 years?
I just don't get it.

Because the head tefillin is commanded to be worn on the forehead "above the eyes" as frontlets, not above the forehead on the hair, which is where the Jews traditionally wear it, which is why they wear the tefillin with the strap on the other side. Even when looking at the Shroud of Turin, you can clearly see an imprint of a head tefillin precisely on the forehead where it must be worn according to Torah. The hand tefillin must also be bound to the hand, not on the arm, which is where the Jews also traditionally wear it. The YB year is the correct year since the beginning, not the AM year. You can read my study on this here The Current Year Since Creation, and When the Sabbath and Jubilee Years Are | Wisdom of God .

Tumah

Veteran Member
Because the head tefillin is commanded to be worn on the forehead "above the eyes" as frontlets, not above the forehead on the hair, which is where the Jews traditionally wear it, which is why they wear the tefillin with the strap on the other side. Even when looking at the Shroud of Turin, you can clearly see an imprint of a head tefillin precisely on the forehead where it must be worn according to Torah. The hand tefillin must also be bound to the hand, not on the arm, which is where the Jews also traditionally wear it.
I don't think you understood my question. I did not ask you why you are wearing a phylactery on your forehead. I asked you why - if you are going to wear them following the custom of the Phairsees - are you wearing them on your forehead? There is nowhere in the entire Tanach where phylacteries are described as being perfectly square black boxes with black straps coming out the side. That is entirely an oral tradition of the Pharisees. I don't know if your phylacteries are compartmentalized in our tradition and contain the same passages, but the same is true for that.
There is nowhere in any verse that says "above the eyes" it says, "between your eyes".

So my question is, why don't you just glue a piece of paper with whatever passages you believe belong there, onto the bridge of your nose? Or if you rather it be more like an amulet, loop a chain around your head so that the paper hangs on the bridge of your nose.

And while we're on the subject, I notice that you're wearing a prayer shawl. Can you point to the verse in Tanach that requires wearing a prayer shawl? And that it needs to be worn on the head? If you did it for the fringes, why not just poke holes in your shirts and pants and hang these nifty little guys from them?

The YB year is the correct year since the beginning, not the AM year. You can read my study on this here The Current Year Since Creation, and When the Sabbath and Jubilee Years Are | Wisdom of God .
Let's say you're right. How do you know that the correct month is Tishrei, when the current month is determined by a Pharisaic calendar system?

Last edited:
I don't think you understood my question. I did not ask you why you are wearing a phylactery on your forehead. I asked you why - if you are going to wear them following the custom of the Phairsees - are you wearing them on your forehead? There is nowhere in the entire Tanach where phylacteries are described as being perfectly square black boxes with black straps coming out the side. That is entirely an oral tradition of the Pharisees. I don't know if your phylacteries are compartmentalized in our tradition and contain the same passages, but the same is true for that.
Why don't you just glue a piece of paper with whatever passages you believe belong there, onto the bridge of your nose?

Let's say you're right. How do you know that the correct month is Tishrei, when the current month is determined by a Pharisaic calendar system?

I am not wearing them according to the custom of the Pharisees, I am wearing them according to the command of the Torah. And yes, I could just put parchment in any object and bind it to my forehead, and fulfill the command that way, but I chose to wear this traditional box because it was my prerogative to do so. Yet even so, this box is custom made according to specifications I ordered the store in Jerusalem to make for me, where this box does not have the Shin symbol, nor is it sealed, but it is held together by rubber bands, so that for educational purposes I can show fellow believers the contents of the box who do not know what this is. The correct month is indeed Tishri because around the time Tishri comes is around the time the autumn season begins around the days of September and October, for the correct "seventh month" of the Torah is when grapes are harvested before Tishri 15, which is the Feast of Tabernacles,

You are to celebrate the Festival of Booths for seven days when you have gathered in everything from your threshing floor and winepress. (Deuteronomy 16:13 [HCSB])

Which happens around the month of Tishri, for even though God has slowed the orbit of the earth around the sun for a year to not be precisely 360 days anymore as it was in ancient times, we can still know when the festivals happen in the correct lunar months by the seasons of the year. A "seventh month" of the Torah will coincide with a month in the beginning of the autumn season, which is Tishri. And if in between Jewish leap years the month of Tishri goes beyond the beginning the autumn season, which I have not calculated if it does in certain years closest to an approaching leap year, then the beginning of the autumn season, not the actual month of "Tishri", takes precedence of the true time of the autumn festivals. So, in some respects I use the official Jewish calendar, but in other respects, I do my own calculations of the times based on a deeper understanding of the times of the Torah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tumah

Veteran Member
I am not wearing them according to the custom of the Pharisees, I am wearing them according to the command of the Torah. And yes, I could just put parchment in any object and bind it to my forehead, and fulfill the command that way, but I chose to wear this traditional box because it was my prerogative to do so. Yet even so, this box is custom made according to specifications I ordered the store in Jerusalem to make for me, where this box does not have the Shin symbol, nor is it sealed, but it is held together by rubber bands, so that for educational purposes I can show fellow believers the contents of the box who do not know what this is.
Would you mind clarifying how your forehead is more "between your eyes" than the top of your head or the bridge of your nose?

Is there a reason you chose to wear this traditional-of-men box (I mean, not really traditional if you had them custom made, but you get the point), instead of doing as the verse states and placing whatever you have directly between your eyes?

Also please not the edit in my previous post re: prayer shawls!

The correct month is indeed Tishri because around the time Tishri comes is around the time the autumn season begins around the days of September and October, for the correct "seventh month" of the Torah is when grapes are harvested before Tishri 15, which is the Feast of Tabernacles,

You are to celebrate the Festival of Booths for seven days when you have gathered in everything from your threshing floor and winepress. (Deuteronomy 16:13 [HCSB])

Which happens around the month of Tishri, for even though God has slowed the orbit of the earth around the sun for a year to not be precisely 360 days anymore as it was in ancient times, we can still know when the festivals happen in the correct lunar months by the seasons of the year. A "seventh month" of the Torah will coincide with a month in the beginning of the autumn season, which is Tishri. And if in between Jewish leap years the month of Tishri goes beyond the beginning the autumn season, which I have not calculated if it does in certain years closest to an approaching leap year, then the beginning of the autumn season, not the actual month of "Tishri", takes precedence of the true time of the autumn festivals. So, in some respects I use the official Jewish calendar, but in other respects, I do my own calculations of the times based on a deeper understanding of the times of the Torah.
Where does it say in G-d's Word that Tishrei is the seventh month or that it falls out when grapes are harvested? Where does it say in G-d's Word how long a month should be, so that you should know when the seventh month falls out? I don't see how you're using your own calculations here at all.

Would you mind clarifying how your forehead is more "between your eyes" than the top of your head or the bridge of your nose?

Is there a reason you chose to wear this traditional-of-men box (I mean, not really traditional if you had them custom made, but you get the point), instead of doing as the verse states and placing whatever you have directly between your eyes?

Also please not the edit in my previous post re: prayer shawls!

Where does it say in G-d's Word that Tishrei is the seventh month or that it falls out when grapes are harvested? Where does it say in G-d's Word how long a month should be, so that you should know when the seventh month falls out? I don't see how you're using your own calculations here at all.

Do you understand what the word prerogative means? That is why I chose the box, because it was my prerogative to do so. Look it up in the dictionary so you can stop asking my why I chose the box. Next, the correct positioning of the totaphoth, which is the tefillin, would be the forehead, because that is the place between the eyes where the words of God would always be bound to, which in a separate passage, in figurative language and not really to tefillin, the name of God is written on the forehead of the 144,000,

Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. (Revelation 14:1)

Because the forehead is the correct place where the words of God would be placed. I already quoted one scripture that shows you grapes are harvested in the seventh month before Sukkot, which is the Feast of Tabernacles. You're asking things I already answered. Are you reading my responses or just skimming?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Do you understand what the word prerogative means? That is why I chose the box, because it was my prerogative to do so. Look it up in the dictionary so you can stop asking my why I chose the box.
Thank you for the suggestion to look up the meaning of the word. I did so but for some reason it didn't seem to answer my question. So to rephrase the question using words you may be familiar with:
What moved you to express your prerogative to choose the a box similar to those worn by Pharisaic Jews rather than any other form? Why did you not express your ability to choose the form you would make your phylactery as anything else in the world. And most importantly, why choose something that may misdirect people who are only passingly familiar with Jewish phylacteries, to mistakenly think you are following in the Jewish tradition, when you could have equally chosen to perform this ritual using a piece of paper and some duct-tape?

Next, the correct positioning of the totaphoth, which is the tefillin, would be the forehead, because that is the place between the eyes where the words of God would always be bound to, which in a separate passage, in figurative language and not really to tefillin, the name of God is written on the forehead of the 144,000,

Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. (Revelation 14:1)

Because the forehead is the correct place where the words of God would be placed.
That's an interesting rationalization, if the intent was the forehead, it could have just said, "and place them on the forehead". What the verse does say is, to place them, "between your eyes". So I mean, you're drawing your own rationalizations to change what it says in the verse. WWJS?

I already quoted one scripture that shows you grapes are harvested in the seventh month before Sukkot, which is the Feast of Tabernacles. You're asking things I already answered. Are you reading my responses or just skimming?
No, I'm not. Grapes are harvested in the seventh month. The Feast of Tabernacles is in the seventh month. My question was, who told you that Tishrei is that month?
And following that, who told you these particular days that we are currently going through are the days of the seventh month that the Feast of Tabernacles falls out on? We Jews rely on a calendar instituted by Hillel the Prince that uses certain principles to set it. What calendar do you rely on resolve the issue of the uneven number of days which require leap days/years? To put it more simply, perhaps your Feast of Tabernacles should have come out two weeks ago or next week.

And again! Don't forget my edit from two posts ago (#5) about your prayer shawl!

Thank you for the suggestion to look up the meaning of the word. I did so but for some reason it didn't seem to answer my question. So to rephrase the question using words you may be familiar with:
What moved you to express your prerogative to choose the a box similar to those worn by Pharisaic Jews rather than any other form? Why did you not express your ability to choose the form you would make your phylactery as anything else in the world. And most importantly, why choose something that may misdirect people who are only passingly familiar with Jewish phylacteries, to mistakenly think you are following in the Jewish tradition, when you could have equally chosen to perform this ritual using a piece of paper and some duct-tape?

That's an interesting rationalization, if the intent was the forehead, it could have just said, "and place them on the forehead". What the verse does say is, to place them, "between your eyes". So I mean, you're drawing your own rationalizations to change what it says in the verse. WWJS?

No, I'm not. Grapes are harvested in the seventh month. The Feast of Tabernacles is in the seventh month. My question was, who told you that Tishrei is that month?
And following that, who told you these particular days that we are currently going through are the days of the seventh month that the Feast of Tabernacles falls out on? We Jews rely on a calendar instituted by Hillel the Prince that uses certain principles to set it. What calendar do you rely on resolve the issue of the uneven number of days which require leap days/years? To put it more simply, perhaps your Feast of Tabernacles should have come out two weeks ago or next week.

And again! Don't forget my edit from two posts ago (#5) about your prayer shawl!

And if I wore a piece of paper with duct-tape, the same can be asked why I chose to wore that and not the traditional Jewish phylactery. So again, I respond, because it was my prerogative to do so. That is your answer.

Next, I am not just drawing my own rationalization on the verse in accordance to scripture where words of God are placed on the forehead, but even the imprint of the Shroud of Turin demonstrates a head tefillin affixed to the forehead of the man who was covered by the shroud, which I am in strongly persuaded was the shroud that covered the actual body of the Messiah. So not only do we have scriptural support of my claim, but also actual evidence of how it was worn in ancient times by an ancient relic we possess.

Next, do you understand that we know when the seasons begin and end? Not only are we able to observe the beginning and end of seasons by mere observation as has always been done since ancient times, but we have modern technology and instruments and satellites that can be observe with precision when the autumn equinox is exactly, to then determine the surrounding months that correspond to the autumn equinox, which in turn gives us knowledge of when the autumn truly begins, which is around September/October, which is around the month of Tishri. You don't need to be told by anyone that the "seventh month" is around Tishri, you can arrive at that conclusion by knowing the seasons of the year.

Next, already I can tell you lack understanding concerning these times of the Torah because you said "your Feast of Tabernacles should have come out two weeks ago or next week", because two weeks ago on September 12th does not correlate to a 15th day of a new moon, nor does a week from now on October 3rd. The months of the Torah begin in new moons. So for example, a 14th day of a month in the Torah would correspond to a full moon, because just as the earth has an exact orbit of 360 days for a solar year, a full lunar orbit used to be precisely 28 days, so the 14th day was the full moon. The Feast of Tabernacles does not just fall under any day, and it doesn't just fall around the beginning of autumn, it falls on the 15th day of a new moon, which would thus be 1 day after a full moon that happens on a 14th day of a new moon, where that precise phase of the moon, along with the precise timing of the beginning of the autumn season, would be the true time of the Feast of Tabernacles, which is around Tishri, but you could say is a month prior or after, depending how far into the years were are before a Jewish leap year happens, which corrects the error of the Jewish calendar going astray from the solar orbit, since like I said, the solar year used to be 360 days, not anymore, which is why we must now use a lunisolar calendar, to not just keep track of the true solar orbit, but to also keep track of the lunar orbit separately. It is very complex. And just as the time of the season of autumn takes precedence of over Tishri when that month officially begins, so it is also with when Feast of Tabernacles, where the 15th day of the new moon takes precedence over when Tishri 15 officially happens. So actually, it could be said the true Feast of Tabernacles would be at the first 15th day of the new moon beginning from 1.5 Gregorian months prior to most central point of the autumn equinox.

So to answer your question, the true Feast of Tabernacles is around Tishri 15, but not Tishri 15 precisely, because of the slowing of the orbit of the earth around the sun, and the slowing of the orbit of the moon around the earth. So whenever the first 15th day of a new moon happens beginning from 1.5 Gregorian months prior to most central point of the autumn equinox is when the true Feast of Tabernacles is. So while I can concede that the Feast of Tabernacles is probably not precisely in Tishri 15 of the official Jewish calendar, my prior sentence still holds true, which can then be used to derive an actual date of the beginnings of the Feast of Tabernacles based on the season of the year and the moon. I have not yet built these calculations into my software that does these calculations for me, which is built into my blog, but I am aware of how the true calendar system works from ancient times. My software currently calculates the precise year since the beginning, converts it into a Gregorian year, and also calculates the correct day based around the estimated time of sunset, all centered in Jerusalem timezone.

Tumah

Veteran Member
And if I wore a piece of paper with duct-tape, the same can be asked why I chose to wore that and not the traditional Jewish phylactery. So again, I respond, because it was my prerogative to do so. That is your answer.
If you wore a piece of paper attached with duct tape, I wouldn't ask you that question, because I would understand that this is your understanding evaluation of the verse and I could accept that. However, the way you are doing it now, you are appropriating Jewish cultural items and not only Jewish cultural items, but Pharisaic-ly required items, as a Christian, in a way that may lead people to believe that you are portraying yourself as a Jewish person (or in your mind perhaps supplanting the Jewish person). Not only is this morally wrong, as you are a Christian it may also be religiously inappropriate to appropriate a Pharisaic item.

Next, I am not just drawing my own rationalization on the verse in accordance to scripture where words of God are placed on the forehead, but even the imprint of the Shroud of Turin demonstrates a head tefillin affixed to the forehead of the man who was covered by the shroud, which I am in strongly persuaded was the shroud that covered the actual body of the Messiah. So not only do we have scriptural support of my claim, but also actual evidence of how it was worn in ancient times by an ancient relic we possess.
This is called a rationalization. Whether some words are placed on the forehead in other verses, does not imply that all words must be placed on the forehead. If one person is seen with a phylactery on his forehead, does not mean he was doing so correctly or that it didn't accidentally fall there. On the other hand, since as you point out, other verses talk about words being put on the forehead, then we should expect to find a requirement to put phylacteries on the forehead using that same language. But instead we find that we are to place it "between the eyes", which is a place decidedly not on the forehead.

I can only wonder if you are making conclusions and then looking for verses to support it, rather than trying to find what the verse is trying to communicate.

Next, do you understand that we know when the seasons begin and end? Not only are we able to observe the beginning and end of seasons by mere observation as has always been done since ancient times, but we have modern technology and instruments and satellites that can be observe with precision when the autumn equinox is exactly, to then determine the surrounding months that correspond to the autumn equinox, which in turn gives us knowledge of when the autumn truly begins, which is around September/October, which is around the month of Tishri. You don't need to be told by anyone that the "seventh month" is around Tishri, you can arrive at that conclusion by knowing the seasons of the year.

Next, already I can tell you lack understanding concerning these times of the Torah because you said "your Feast of Tabernacles should have come out two weeks ago or next week", because two weeks ago on September 12th does not correlate to a 15th day of a new moon, nor does a week from now on October 3rd. The months of the Torah begin in new moons. So for example, a 14th day of a month in the Torah would correspond to a full moon, because just as the earth has an exact orbit of 360 days for a solar year, a full lunar orbit used to be precisely 28 days, so the 14th day was the full moon. The Feast of Tabernacles does not just fall under any day, and it doesn't just fall around the beginning of autumn, it falls on the 15th day of a new moon, which would thus be 1 day after a full moon that happens on a 14th day of a new moon, where that precise phase of the moon, along with the precise timing of the beginning of the autumn season, would be the true time of the Feast of Tabernacles, which is around Tishri, but you could say is a month prior or after, depending how far into the years were are before a Jewish leap year happens, which corrects the error of the Jewish calendar going astray from the solar orbit, since like I said, the solar year used to be 360 days, not anymore, which is why we must now use a lunisolar calendar, to not just keep track of the true solar orbit, but to also keep track of the lunar orbit separately. It is very complex. And just as the time of the season of autumn takes precedence of over Tishri when that month officially begins, so it is also with when Feast of Tabernacles, where the 15th day of the new moon takes precedence over when Tishri 15 officially happens. So actually, it could be said the true Feast of Tabernacles would be at the first 15th day of the new moon beginning from 1.5 Gregorian months prior to most central point of the autumn equinox.

So to answer your question, the true Feast of Tabernacles is around Tishri 15, but not Tishri 15 precisely, because of the slowing of the orbit of the earth around the sun, and the slowing of the orbit of the moon around the earth. So whenever the first 15th day of a new moon happens beginning from 1.5 Gregorian months prior to most central point of the autumn equinox is when the true Feast of Tabernacles is. So while I can concede that the Feast of Tabernacles is probably not precisely in Tishri 15 of the official Jewish calendar, my prior sentence still holds true, which can then be used to derive an actual date of the beginnings of the Feast of Tabernacles based on the season of the year and the moon. I have not yet built these calculations into my software that does these calculations for me, which is built into my blog, but I am aware of how the true calendar system works from ancient times. My software currently calculates the precise year since the beginning, converts it into a Gregorian year, and also calculates the correct day based around the estimated time of sunset, all centered in Jerusalem timezone.
Good point about the equinox. I'll just ignore the pseudoscience about slowed revolutions. And then I'll just copy and paste my original question: who told you that Tishrei is that month?

Also, another reminder to check out my earlier edit regarding the prayer shawl!!

If you wore a piece of paper attached with duct tape, I wouldn't ask you that question, because I would understand that this is your understanding evaluation of the verse and I could accept that. However, the way you are doing it now, you are appropriating Jewish cultural items and not only Jewish cultural items, but Pharisaic-ly required items, as a Christian, in a way that may lead people to believe that you are portraying yourself as a Jewish person (or in your mind perhaps supplanting the Jewish person). Not only is this morally wrong, as you are a Christian it may also be religiously inappropriate to appropriate a Pharisaic item.

This is called a rationalization. Whether some words are placed on the forehead in other verses, does not imply that all words must be placed on the forehead. If one person is seen with a phylactery on his forehead, does not mean he was doing so correctly or that it didn't accidentally fall there. On the other hand, since as you point out, other verses talk about words being put on the forehead, then we should expect to find a requirement to put phylacteries on the forehead using that same language. But instead we find that we are to place it "between the eyes", which is a place decidedly not on the forehead.

I can only wonder if you are making conclusions and then looking for verses to support it, rather than trying to find what the verse is trying to communicate.

Good point about the equinox. I'll just ignore the pseudoscience about slowed revolutions. And then I'll just copy and paste my original question: who told you that Tishrei is that month?

Also, another reminder to check out my earlier edit regarding the prayer shawl!!

I am a Jewish person, not only because of belief through Yeshuah, which makes me a son of Abraham, but also because my lineage is Sephardic, even though I was raised as a Gentile and as a Christian. I am both a Christian, yet also a Jew, by blood and also by belief. You are trying to imply I am trying to usurp something that I already am. I am not trying to supplant Jews, I am merely just ignoring their traditions, which was the same thing Yeshuah did, which provoked them to anger, such as him not washing his hands, or him picking grains on the Shabbat, which were related to traditions they observed, which the Messiah obviously did not care for. They perceived what he did as evil, just as you perceive what I did as evil, but it is not evil, because God does not care in what direction you place a box, or an object constructed of duct-tape, so long as you fulfill the command to attach those set-apart words unto your forehead. I chose to purchase my tefillin because it is easier to purchase a box that has already been made to fulfill the command rather than me having to craft an object and then attach straps to it to bind it to my forehead and then write the words myself in a language I do not know. I am also a man that is practical.

The forehead is indeed between the eyes, because the forehead includes the glabella, which is the open space of skin between the eyes and eyebrows. If you chose to wear the tefillin lower closer to the glabella, then so be it, if you chose to wear it a little higher than the glabella, yet within the constraint of the "forehead", then so be it, which is why the word "totaphoth" is translated as "frontals", meaning the "forehead", which means to bind on the forehead.

Next, I don't care where the tefillin must be placed, meaning if the command says to wear on the hair, I'll wear it on the hair, if it says strap it to your chest, I'll strap it to my chest. This isn't about me wanting it to be on the forehead, it is about concluding that the correct place is the forehead based on scriptural research as well as outside evidences, such as the shroud of Turin.

Next, pseudoscience about slowed revolutions? I'll have you know that almost all ancient calendars are based on a 360 day year among civilizations with very advanced knowledge of astronomy. Why? Because the solar year was 360 days. Even scientists today suspect that there is a slowing of the orbit of the earth, and also a slowing of the moon. Not only are you ignorant, but you're also incredulous, and a mocker, when everything I've told you is based on extensive research and study, it is the truth.

And finally, I already answered your question about Tishri, which you've asked again. Scroll up and read, and perhaps you'll understand. Or perhaps you just don't want to admit that a mere Gentile proved you wrong, which is why you're asking the same question as if I didn't answer it already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tumah

Veteran Member
I am a Jewish person, not only because of belief through Yeshuah, which makes me a son of Abraham
Even if that somehow made sense (it doesn't), not all of Abraham's children were Jewish. In fact, only none of them were. The Jewish people are the descendants of Jacob. That's what we're called: sons of Israel.

but also because my lineage is Sephardic,
Sephardic lineage does not make one Jewish either.

even though I was raised as a Gentile and as a Christian. I am both a Christian, yet also a Jew, by blood and also by belief.
Without having traced your maternal lineage, I can't verify whether you are Jewish or not. But certainly by belief you are not Jewish and it would be immoral to claim otherwise.

You are trying to imply I am trying to usurp something that I already am.
That doesn't seem to be the case.

I am not trying to supplant Jews, I am merely just ignoring their traditions,
*looks at Jewish traditional phylacteries and prayer shawl*
*looks at above statement*

:shrug:

which was the same thing Yeshuah did, which provoked them to anger,
So your saying, your god wore Jewish traditional phylacteries and prayer shawls as a way of ignoring Jewish traditions and this angered the Jews.

such as him not washing his hands, or him picking grains on the Shabbat, which were related to traditions they observed, which the Messiah obviously did not care for
Or at least the authors of the NT didn't care for, when they were trying to rouse the ignorant masses.

They perceived what he did as evil,
Considering the number of people not following these Laws at that time, it's highly unlikely they even knew or cared about what he was doing.

just as you perceive what I did as evil,
Lots of people would perceive what you are doing as evil, because what you're doing is appropriating Jewish traditional symbols (which is evil) to express anti-Jewish values (which is even worse). Can you imagine someone who appropriates a symbol from another culture for prosperity and good luck and uses it as the symbol for war and destruction?

Swastika - Wikipedia

but it is not evil, because God does not care in what direction you place a box, or an object constructed of duct-tape, so long as you fulfill the command to attach those set-apart words unto your forehead.
But you didn't really do that, you attached those word unto your box. Your box is attached to your forehead, not the words. It's like, "place those two tablets into a box and place that box into a box and then go ahead and place that box into a box which you shall place into the holy of holies". <-- See, when G-d wants a box, He can say so. There is no box mentioned here. Just tying them between the eyes. Perhaps writing them directly on headband that you wear on your nose or something. Anything besides that is adding to the Word.

I chose to purchase my tefillin because it is easier to purchase a box that has already been made to fulfill the command rather than me having to craft an object and then attach straps to it to bind it to my forehead and then write the words myself in a language I do not know. I am also a man that is practical.
If I recall earlier you mentioned you had it custom made. It shouldn't be that hard to have other objects custom made as well.

The forehead is indeed between the eyes, because the forehead includes the glabella, which is the open space of skin between the eyes and eyebrows. If you chose to wear the tefillin lower closer to the glabella, then so be it, if you chose to wear it a little higher than the glabella, yet within the constraint of the "forehead", then so be it, which is why the word "totaphoth" is translated as "frontals", meaning the "forehead", which means to bind on the forehead.
The forehead does include the glabella, however, the glabella is located between the eyebrows and above them. It is not located between the eyes, nor does the verse say, "between your eyebrows". Similarly, the verse does not say, "on your glabella". You will notice that the verse specifically stated, "between your eyes". Anything that is not between the eyes, is adding or changing from G-d's Word.

Next, I don't care where the tefillin must be placed, meaning if the command says to wear on the hair, I'll wear it on the hair, if it says strap it to your chest, I'll strap it to my chest. This isn't about me wanting it to be on the forehead, it is about concluding that the correct place is the forehead based on scriptural research as well as outside evidences, such as the shroud of Turin.
The thing is, your scriptural research doesn't seem to include what the verse actually says. For some reason you put more stock in everything that is not the actual words of the verse.

Next, pseudoscience about slowed revolutions? I'll have you know that almost all ancient calendars are based on a 360 day year among civilizations with very advanced knowledge of astronomy. Why? Because the solar year was 360 days. Even scientists today suspect that there is a slowing of the orbit of the earth, and also a slowing of the moon. Not only are you ignorant, but you're also incredulous, and a mocker, when everything I've told you is based on extensive research and study, it is the truth.
Science today suspects a slowing of the earth equal to something like 10 seconds per billion years. That's not going to give you 5 days so easily. And yes, I am a mocker. I always mock people who think they're that one special guy who figured out the truth that escaped thousands and thousands of people and then go on to parade that "truth" around. It is mock-worthy.

And finally, I already answered your question about Tishri, which you've asked again. Scroll up and read, and perhaps you'll understand. Or perhaps you just don't want to admit that a mere Gentile proved you wrong, which is why you're asking the same question as if I didn't answer it already.
Have you considered that maybe you don't understand my question?

Even if that somehow made sense (it doesn't), not all of Abraham's children were Jewish. In fact, only none of them were. The Jewish people are the descendants of Jacob. That's what we're called: sons of Israel.

Sephardic lineage does not make one Jewish either.

Without having traced your maternal lineage, I can't verify whether you are Jewish or not. But certainly by belief you are not Jewish and it would be immoral to claim otherwise.

That doesn't seem to be the case.

*looks at above statement*

:shrug:

So your saying, your god wore Jewish traditional phylacteries and prayer shawls as a way of ignoring Jewish traditions and this angered the Jews.

Or at least the authors of the NT didn't care for, when they were trying to rouse the ignorant masses.

Considering the number of people not following these Laws at that time, it's highly unlikely they even knew or cared about what he was doing.

Lots of people would perceive what you are doing as evil, because what you're doing is appropriating Jewish traditional symbols (which is evil) to express anti-Jewish values (which is even worse). Can you imagine someone who appropriates a symbol from another culture for prosperity and good luck and uses it as the symbol for war and destruction?

Swastika - Wikipedia

But you didn't really do that, you attached those word unto your box. Your box is attached to your forehead, not the words. It's like, "place those two tablets into a box and place that box into a box and then go ahead and place that box into a box which you shall place into the holy of holies". <-- See, when G-d wants a box, He can say so. There is no box mentioned here. Just tying them between the eyes. Perhaps writing them directly on headband that you wear on your nose or something. Anything besides that is adding to the Word.

If I recall earlier you mentioned you had it custom made. It shouldn't be that hard to have other objects custom made as well.

The forehead does include the glabella, however, the glabella is located between the eyebrows and above them. It is not located between the eyes, nor does the verse say, "between your eyebrows". Similarly, the verse does not say, "on your glabella". You will notice that the verse specifically stated, "between your eyes". Anything that is not between the eyes, is adding or changing from G-d's Word.

The thing is, your scriptural research doesn't seem to include what the verse actually says. For some reason you put more stock in everything that is not the actual words of the verse.

Science today suspects a slowing of the earth equal to something like 10 seconds per billion years. That's not going to give you 5 days so easily. And yes, I am a mocker. I always mock people who think they're that one special guy who figured out the truth that escaped thousands and thousands of people and then go on to parade that "truth" around. It is mock-worthy.

Have you considered that maybe you don't understand my question?

"Jewish" used to mean pertaining to the sons of the house of Judah, not to the sons of Jacob, for the word "Jew" began to pertain to the sons of the tribes of Judah and Levi who returned from the Babylonian captivity, yet the rest of the tribes of the house of Israel were absorbed into the nations, because they never returned to Israel after the Assyrian captivity the preceded the Babylonian captivity. Now today "Jew" does pertains to the sons of Jacob, as you have stated. So when I say I am a "Jew", knowing my Sephardic lineage, I say that I am of the lost sheep of the house of Israel scattered among the nations in the Assyrian captivity, or possibly of the house of Judah that scattered after the Roman destruction. It is difficult to know which tribe I am of, but that I am of the lineage of Abraham by blood is true, which is where my concern is, not which tribe I am of. And also, the apostle Paul himself said that a true Jew is one of the heart when addressing his epistle to the Romans, which were Gentiles,

On the contrary, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart–by the airflow, not the letter…(Romans 2:29)

Because a true Jew is not who is of a Jew by blood, but one who practices righteousness, which is defined by the Torah, which came through Abraham, which came through Moses,

Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek Yehovah: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth. When I called him he was only one man, and I blessed him and made him many. (Isaiah 51:1-2)

But you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us or Israel acknowledge us; you, Yehovah, are our Father… (Isaiah 63:16)

Which is why not all who claim to be of Israel are Israel, such as many who claim to be "Jews" by blood, yet are disobedient, and deny the Messiah,

It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. (Romans 9:6-8)

So quite the contrary, it is you who is doing evil denying the right of a Gentile who has been grafted in into the olive tree of Israel through belief to be part of Israel.

Next, me wearing the tefillin and tallit and tzitzit is not a matter of Jewish tradition, it is a matter of Law. The Law commands it. The Jewish tradition is how the Jews wear it. I disregard how they wear it, while regarding the command to wear it exactly as commanded.

Next, Yeshuah ignored Jewish traditions, while obeying Torah. And they cared enough to kill him for it, for ignoring their traditions.

Next, ignoring Jewish traditions is not a sin against God. The Jews like to wear their payot, if I ignore this or wear my hair in a different style than theirs, this is not evil. Its called variety within the context of what is permissible by God. If a bunch of Jews decide that all tallit must be worn in black, and one comes along and wears his tallit in white, he is not doing evil wearing his tallit in white contrary to the newly formed tradition that it must be in black. You are stuck on the tradition, while ignoring the basic premise of the command, which opens the door for variety within the command, which is why if I wore my tefillin with duct-tape and any object, I am still fulfilling the command. Even so, the very Jews you are defending while accusing me of doing evil are the very Jews that to this day still deny the true Messiah, Yeshuah, so who should you be defending, the Gentile who is obeying Torah in his own way within the context of what is permissible within Law, or the the Jews who deny the Messiah that the Torah says they must obey?

And then you said, "your box is attached to your forehead, not the words." How else are you supposed to bind words on your forehead? If you bind paper on your forehead, then the same can be said "you are attaching paper on your forehead, not the words". This is stupidity. And now I know you're also a buffoon just trying to poke holes and find fault in anything I say, because you don't want me to be right, which is why you also said "I always mock people who think they're that one special guy who figured out the truth that escaped thousands and thousands of people". What if I am? We know that only a remnant will be saved, and that few are chosen, so why should it come as a surprise that only a few will possess the truth? So at this point I am wasting my time arguing with someone who wants me to be wrong even though I am right in everything I said, and have provided ample scriptures, evidences, and explanations to prove so. I hope that someone else finds a benefit to this conversation, and learns the truth I wrote out in these responses. Anyways, once you are ready to affirm that everything I said is true, then we can move on the further conversation about more important matters than how to wear tefillin, which is a lesser matter of Torah.

Tumah

Veteran Member
"Jewish" used to mean pertaining to the sons of the house of Judah, not to the sons of Jacob, for the word "Jew" began to pertain to the sons of the tribes of Judah and Levi who returned from the Babylonian captivity, yet the rest of the tribes of the house of Israel were absorbed into the nations, because they never returned to Israel after the Assyrian captivity the preceded the Babylonian captivity.
Not completely. But this really has nothing to do with anything.
Now today "Jew" does pertains to the sons of Jacob, as you have stated. So when I say I am a "Jew", knowing my Sephardic lineage, I say that I am of the lost sheep of the house of Israel scattered among the nations in the Assyrian captivity, or possibly of the house of Judah that scattered after the Roman destruction.
You seem to be taking conjecture about your lineage as fact?
It is difficult to know which tribe I am of, but that I am of the lineage of Abraham by blood is true, which is where my concern is, not which tribe I am of.
So are the children of Ishmael and Esau.
And also, the apostle Paul himself said that a true Jew is one of the heart when addressing his epistle to the Romans, which were Gentiles,

On the contrary, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart–by the airflow, not the letter…(Romans 2:29)
Except of course, the author of Romans was wrong.

Because a true Jew is not who is of a Jew by blood, but one who practices righteousness, which is defined by the Torah, which came through Abraham, which came through Moses,
Naturally that's false. A Jew is someone belonging to the Jewish nation either by descent or conversion.

Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek Yehovah: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; look to Abraham, your father, and to Sarah, who gave you birth. When I called him he was only one man, and I blessed him and made him many. (Isaiah 51:1-2)

But you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us or Israel acknowledge us; you, Yehovah, are our Father… (Isaiah 63:16)
Neither of these verses are describing who is a Jew, so they're not really relevant here.

Which is why not all who claim to be of Israel are Israel, such as many who claim to be "Jews" by blood, yet are disobedient, and deny the Messiah,
Not all people who claim to be Israel are Israel because they do not descent from the children of Israel or have not converted. We deny the Messiah because anyone claiming to be the Messiah until today has been proven to be a false messiah. These two are unrelated.

It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

That's true. There are also converts.

Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. (Romans 9:6-8)
That is not "other words", that's "different words". The verse about Isaac was express which of Abraham's biological children would inherit him. You can't prove from there that biological descent isn't relevant, because Isaac was Abraham's biological child.

So quite the contrary, it is you who is doing evil denying the right of a Gentile who has been grafted in into the olive tree of Israel through belief to be part of Israel.
Gentiles weren't granted onto the olive tree of Israel. There is no such phrase or metaphor in Tanach. Any gentile who wants to convert and join the Jewish people, is welcome to do so. It is you who chooses not to do so.

Next, me wearing the tefillin and tallit and tzitzit is not a matter of Jewish tradition, it is a matter of Law. The Law commands it. The Jewish tradition is how the Jews wear it. I disregard how they wear it, while regarding the command to wear it exactly as commanded.
Whether that is true or not is irrelevant. The relevant part is that you are wearing them in a manner resembling the Jewish tradition.

Next, Yeshuah ignored Jewish traditions, while obeying Torah. And they cared enough to kill him for it, for ignoring their traditions.
I don't understand how in the same sentence claiming your god ignored Jewish tradition you are expressing how your god wore phylacteries in the Jewish tradition...
Also that's not why we killed him. We killed him because he led Israel astray to follow false gods (himself) and because he practiced black magic.

Next, ignoring Jewish traditions is not a sin against God. The Jews like to wear their payot, if I ignore this or wear my hair in a different style than theirs, this is not evil.
Of course it's not evil. You're not Jewish and have no such commandment. It's not evil to refrain from doing something that you weren't commanded to do in the first place.
Its called variety within the context of what is permissible by God. If a bunch of Jews decide that all tallit must be worn in black, and one comes along and wears his tallit in white, he is not doing evil wearing his tallit in white contrary to the newly formed tradition that it must be in black.
That entirely depends on the nature of the commandment. If the commandment is to wear a certain passage between your eyes and one guy comes along and wears it on his forehead, than that's not called variety, that's called, twisting the commandment. Variety would be if one guy uses white paper and another uses pink paper but everyone wears it between the eyes.

You are stuck on the tradition, while ignoring the basic premise of the command, which opens the door for variety within the command, which is why if I wore my tefillin with duct-tape and any object, I am still fulfilling the command.
I am definitely not stuck on the tradition. In fact part of my claim against you is that you should not be performing this commandment in the way of a tradition that is not your own. Do it another way. That's what I've been saying all along.

I've also been explaining how you're technically not even following the commandment but your own tradition that you made up.

Even so, the very Jews you are defending while accusing me of doing evil are the very Jews that to this day still deny the true Messiah, Yeshuah, so who should you be defending, the Gentile who is obeying Torah in his own way within the context of what is permissible within Law, or the the Jews who deny the Messiah that the Torah says they must obey?
Of course I would defend the Jews who deny your god as the Messiah since he's a false messiah. And obviously there's no reason to defend gentiles who are mistakenly trying to follow commandments that they were not commanded to keep.

And then you said, "your box is attached to your forehead, not the words." How else are you supposed to bind words on your forehead? If you bind paper on your forehead, then the same can be said "you are attaching paper on your forehead, not the words".
Priestly golden head plate - Wikipedia

]/וםאק[This is stupidity. And now I know you're also a buffoon just trying to poke holes and find fault in anything I say, because you don't want me to be right, which is why you also said "I always mock people who think they're that one special guy who figured out the truth that escaped thousands and thousands of people". What if I am?][/quote]
What if - as the lack of evidence proves - you're not?
We know that only a remnant will be saved, and that few are chosen, so why should it come as a surprise that only a few will possess the truth?
Because your explanation of this concept makes G-d as the one who is doing evil by not making the truth available for all. The normal explanation is that the truth is known, but most people choose not to follow it. Do you see the difference on where the onus lays?

So at this point I am wasting my time arguing with someone who wants me to be wrong even though I am right in everything I said, and have provided ample scriptures, evidences, and explanations to prove so.
If you think this statement is factual then I don't think you understand what the words "ample" and "evidence" mean.

I hope that someone else finds a benefit to this conversation, and learns the truth I wrote out in these responses.
Me too!

Anyways, once you are ready to affirm that everything I said is true, then we can move on the further conversation about more important matters than how to wear tefillin, which is a lesser matter of Torah.
Spoken like a true Crusader!

danieldemol

Premium Member

Loved the overview of the Shrine of the Bab and accompanying terraces at 2:39 in Haifa :)