• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My ramblings

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've had a lot on my mind lately. I'm an enigma even to myself. I've been thinking about what I consider the best romantic relationship I ever had. It was with a witch (the kind that has to do with religion - not using a derogatory term here) and she taught me a lot about life and was very relaxed. I've also been thinking about how I kind of always feel I don't really fit into RF, same old story, and sometimes honestly the variety of topics you see discussed in a day kind of mixes me up. Yet if I leave for 5 months, 6 months... I miss the place. Sometimes I think not many understand me unless they kind of do it from afar and I don't know about it. But I guess if what I said about me being an enigma even to myself is true, it's not reasonable to expect others to understand either.

I'll try to describe myself best I can though... I'm a trans feminine personality with a style taste like Billie Eilish though I can't really dress up much because of an ultraconservative family which I grew up with, I dream about Japan sometimes and the people I respect most in life are computer programmers. Spiritually I remind myself of Rey's journey in the latest Star Wars trilogy where she heard rumblings and it was the Force and she had to find herself and figure things out. I don't really consider myself to post for myself so much as just in case others enjoy it. When people tell me to do things, I often weigh whether I should based on my respect for them which is based on what they've accomplished and sacrificed in life. Unless I just have to do something, then I just kind of grumble and do it. My favorite form of humor is the simple, dry, degenerate, not quite dark, kind. Like someone posts a YouTube video that's a little dark and I say "This is why we can't have nice things." That's my brand of humor. I don't consider myself a feminist despite being pro-female, anti toxic masculinity, and being recognized on online tests as a feminist. But I do really like the right feminists including a lot of witches. I tend to get along with programmers but not the kind that act like algebra teachers. I sometimes get criticized by fellow Americans for not having enormous amounts of pride in my country. Sometimes I come off a bit like a diva but it's kind of just me getting my word in.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I'm an enigma even to myself
There is a lot of truth in those words, as seen from Advaitha:cool:
I (as in "who am I") is the ultimate truth we have to unravel:D

But I guess if what I said about me being an enigma even to myself is true, it's not reasonable to expect others to understand either.
Best is I stick to figure out "who am I", not to figure out "who is God" or "who is the other" or "even the Universe
It's already tough enough to get in tune with "who I am", let alone who the other is, esp. when virtual on RF;)

I take it one step at a time, though sometimes I really like to go faster, but it usually backfires

Wish you the best on your journey

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Just wondering, why this is the case?

I've programmed a lot before and see how hard the job is and can relate. Sure there are a lot of other good candidates too, like hospital workers. But things get a bit messy sometimes in all the "help" communities, like having to decide which of two people to give a heart transplant to, and it gets even more messy when we get into social work. I prefer to stand by something simpler which I can support closer to 100 percent.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I've programmed a lot before and see how hard the job is and can relate
Same here, I can relate to programming too. Making your software idiot-proof is not an easy task.
I think that this is all what empathy is about. Only when you have gone through something yourself you can really "feel" it.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're not a Rambler.
R120384decfd29939f0adf3308443661e