• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My problem with Muslims from personal experience

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
How about listing off the atrocities of Atheist, Christian or Hindu groups, and then making stupid blanket statements about how they're all bad because of it, idiocy!!

ronki23

How about listing off the atrocities of Atheist, Christian or Hindu groups, and then making stupid blanket statements about how they're all bad because of it, idiocy!!

I can hold my hands up for Hindu violence but unlike the majority of Muslim I won't point the finger somewhere else or say it's a conspiracy.

In case you didn't know I have two threads running criticizing Mao and Pol Pot (atheists); one of which debates whether Hitler was a Christian

Lyndon

Premium Member
90% of your terrorist act were by ISIS or Al Qaeda, The majority of Muslims most certainly denounce them. Are you going to link American white terrorist attacks, like mass shootings, to all Christians, that's just total BS, something you seem to like to deal in.

ronki23

90% of your terrorist act were by ISIS or Al Qaeda, The majority of Muslims most certainly denounce them. Are you going to link American white terrorist attacks, like mass shootings, to all Christians, that's just total BS, something you seem to like to deal in.

Except they don't denounce them; in 9/11's case they say it was an inside job or in ISIS' case it's Israel Secret Intelligence Service

spirit_of_dawn

My 2 cents:

As a Muslim who lives in a Muslim majority country (Iran) with about 80 million other Muslims:

People who claim to be Muslims can act good or bad, regardless of their religious beliefs (you'll see the exact same trend in every religious or non-religious group). Your personal experience with random Muslims is inconclusive.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Except they don't denounce them; in 9/11's case they say it was an inside job or in ISIS' case it's Israel Secret Intelligence Service

Haven't seen you denouncing Hindu atrocities in India either!!

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

It’s very refreshing to come across someone who doesn’t blame an entire race or religion for the crimes of a few.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Lyndon, off the top off my head these are atrocities committed by Muslim groups:

* Direct Action Day in Bengal India- over 4000 non-Muslims killed by Muslims before India's partition
* Killing of Israeli athletes during Munich Olympics
* Assassination of Egyptian President Anwar Sadat
* Luxor Massacre- tourists killed and disembowled
* Attack on the World Trade Centre 1993
* 1998 bombing of Kenyan and Tanzanian embassies
* Bombing of Indian embassy in Afghanistan
* Bombing Indian parliament in Delhi
* 9/11- over 27,000 people killed
* Bali Nightclub bombings
* July bombings in London
* Siege on Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai
* Attack on American Embassy in Libya over depicting Muhammad
* Siege in Kenyan shopping mall by Al Shabaab
* Charlie Hebdo Massacre
* Multiple explosions and shootings in Paris
* Lee Rigby murder
* Boko Haram kidnapping girls in Nigeria
* Driving van into pedestrians in London (multiple occasions)
* Mass shooting and bombing during Ariana Grande concert in Manchester
* Attack on hotels in Kenya

These attacks do not represent Islam or the Quran or mainstream Muslims who deplore such behaviour but are the crimes of deluded individuals seeking to gain political power by trying to stir up hatred towards the west.

The number of killed in the WTC was closer to 3,000 not 27,000 as far as I know.

There are over 1.7 billion Muslims worldwide who are good peaceful people and I consider it prejudice and an injustice to try and paint all Muslims with the same brush.

If we do choose to go down the path of blaming an entire religion or culture then we must ask why one of the most violent nations on earth is a Christian nation. They too prayed and even had the bombs ‘blest’ before dropping them on Hiroshima and Nagasaki massacring knowingly and deliberately over 200,000 innocent people. Are we to blame the Bible and the fact these people were Christians for that as well? This account by the chaplain at the time explains that those who commit these atrocities do not get it from God or Holy Books but from not following their religion and following religious leaders instead. Because nonreligion teaches murder.

Blessing the Bombs

If you add up all the terrorist killings and compare them to gun violence in the USA you will find no comparison. The west is ultimately far more violent and in wars it gets reported to us as ‘collateral damage’ not murder. Or it doesn’t get anywhere near the worldwide publicity an attack by a Muslim gets.

The same media which reports ‘Muslim’ crimes is very docile and almost silent or even apologetic when it comes to reporting western violence as if only Muslims are violent.

There is, I am firmly convinced, mostly good in every race, nation and religion but there are a tiny minority in each of them that commit atrocities and gain wide publicity. An example that Burmese Buddhist monk who calls for holy war. We all know violence is against Buddha’s teachings.

But to me, the good in all races and religions remains untarnished and I don’t buy whatsoever into insidious attempts to paint an entire people with the same brush.

Your list leaves out over 1.7 billion good, peaceful and upright Muslims and is a distortion of reality as 1.7 billion Muslims do not support these crimes.

All religions have taught brotherhood. All people want peace. It is only the governments and war departments that promote war and slaughter

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I believe that the likelihood of misinterpreting or finding justification for violence in respective scriptures is more likely in certain faiths than in others. All one has to do is look at the scriptures themselves. It's too bad all scriptures didn't leave far less room for this interpretation.

Historically, people claiming to be Islamic have the most blood on their hands, most notably the Muslim invasions of India, which have some historians putting the death count as high as 400 million. So it is little wonder fear of Muslims persists.

Although my encounters here in Canada have been overwhelmingly positive, I can't say the same for my pilgrimages in India.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
62dxjxtfnpa21.jpg

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I believe that the likelihood of misinterpreting or finding justification for violence in respective scriptures is more likely in certain faiths than in others. All one has to do is look at the scriptures themselves. It's too bad all scriptures didn't leave far less room for this interpretation.

Historically, people claiming to be Islamic have the most blood on their hands, most notably the Muslim invasions of India, which have some historians putting the death count as high as 400 million. So it is little wonder fear of Muslims persists.

Although my encounters here in Canada have been overwhelmingly positive, I can't say the same for my pilgrimages in India.

Disobedience to the laws of the Holy Books is the cause of these things.

There are clear passages in the Quran to be tolerant of other faiths as well as not to kill or murder anyone or commit aggression.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Disobedience to the laws of the Holy Books is the cause of these things.

There are clear passages in the Quran to be tolerant of other faiths as well as not to kill or murder anyone or commit aggression.

I've never read the Quran. Certainly those folks committing violence in it's name disagree with you. They may well tell you there are clear passages giving them license to hate. Lots of folks take scriptures literally. Infidels, homosexuals, red headed people ... it's all nonsense in my view, but when people have hate in their hearts, it's easy to find something to justify it, I suppose. Some days I think it would be better to have no scripture at all.

Edited to add.

Violence in the Quran - Wikipedia

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I've never read the Quran. Certainly those folks committing violence in it's name disagree with you. They may well tell you there are clear passages giving them license to hate. Lots of folks take scriptures literally. Infidels, homosexuals, red headed people ... it's all nonsense in my view, but when people have hate in their hearts, it's easy to find something to justify it, I suppose. Some days I think it would be better to have no scripture at all.

Edited to add.

Violence in the Quran - Wikipedia

I think you’re spot on when you say that when people have hate in their hearts they seek to justify it and also that if religion becomes a cause of wars and killing then it would be better we didn’t have it.

Religion should unite all hearts and cause wars and disputes to vanish from the face of the earth; it should give birth to spirituality, and bring light and life to every soul. If religion becomes a cause of dislike, hatred and division it would be better to be without it, and to withdraw from such a religion would be a truly religious act. For it is clear that the purpose of a remedy is to cure, but if the remedy only aggravates the complaint, it had better be left alone. Any religion which is not a cause of love and unity is no religion. ( Baha’i Writings)

From the beginning of human history down to the present time various religions of the world have anathematised one another......

Bahá'í Reference Library - Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era, Pages 158-160

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think you’re spot on when you say that when people have hate in their hearts they seek to justify it and also that if religion becomes a cause of wars and killing then it would be better we didn’t have it.

Religion should unite all hearts and cause wars and disputes to vanish from the face of the earth; it should give birth to spirituality, and bring light and life to every soul. If religion becomes a cause of dislike, hatred and division it would be better to be without it, and to withdraw from such a religion would be a truly religious act. For it is clear that the purpose of a remedy is to cure, but if the remedy only aggravates the complaint, it had better be left alone. Any religion which is not a cause of love and unity is no religion. ( Baha’i Writings)

From the beginning of human history down to the present time various religions of the world have anathematised one another......

Bahá'í Reference Library - Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era, Pages 158-160

But in the end it isn't the religion or the non-religion, it's the adherents. Just as the gun itself doesn't murder, the religion itself doesn't. A book cannot hate, it's ink and paper.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
But in the end it isn't the religion or the non-religion, it's the adherents. Just as the gun itself doesn't murder, the religion itself doesn't. A book cannot hate, it's ink and paper.

The most wise words I’ve read in a long, long time and I wish everyone thought like you do.

ronki23

These attacks do not represent Islam or the Quran or mainstream Muslims who deplore such behaviour but are the crimes of deluded individuals seeking to gain political power by trying to stir up hatred towards the west.

The number of killed in the WTC was closer to 3,000 not 27,000 as far as I know.

There are over 1.7 billion Muslims worldwide who are good peaceful people and I consider it prejudice and an injustice to try and paint all Muslims with the same brush.

If we do choose to go down the path of blaming an entire religion or culture then we must ask why one of the most violent nations on earth is a Christian nation. They too prayed and even had the bombs ‘blest’ before dropping them on Hiroshima and Nagasaki massacring knowingly and deliberately over 200,000 innocent people. Are we to blame the Bible and the fact these people were Christians for that as well? This account by the chaplain at the time explains that those who commit these atrocities do not get it from God or Holy Books but from not following their religion and following religious leaders instead. Because nonreligion teaches murder.

Blessing the Bombs

If you add up all the terrorist killings and compare them to gun violence in the USA you will find no comparison. The west is ultimately far more violent and in wars it gets reported to us as ‘collateral damage’ not murder. Or it doesn’t get anywhere near the worldwide publicity an attack by a Muslim gets.

The same media which reports ‘Muslim’ crimes is very docile and almost silent or even apologetic when it comes to reporting western violence as if only Muslims are violent.

There is, I am firmly convinced, mostly good in every race, nation and religion but there are a tiny minority in each of them that commit atrocities and gain wide publicity. An example that Burmese Buddhist monk who calls for holy war. We all know violence is against Buddha’s teachings.

But to me, the good in all races and religions remains untarnished and I don’t buy whatsoever into insidious attempts to paint an entire people with the same brush.

Your list leaves out over 1.7 billion good, peaceful and upright Muslims and is a distortion of reality as 1.7 billion Muslims do not support these crimes.

All religions have taught brotherhood. All people want peace. It is only the governments and war departments that promote war and slaughter

I meant to say 2,700. Either way, the majority of Muslims will say 9/11 or ISIS was Mossad

ronki23

Haven't seen you denouncing Hindu atrocities in India either!!

Fine; I condemn the 2002 Gujarat riots and 1984 Hindu-Sikh riots. They were politically motivated, not religious because Hindu scriptures don't say to kill Muslims and Sikhs.

I'll repeat myself AGAIN: the majority of Muslims blame 9/11 and ISIS on the Mossad.

spirit_of_dawn

People are killed by weapons. The most violent people on earth are those that build and sell these weapons for profit. According to google these countries are the top ten exporters of weapons in the world:

1- US
2- Russia
3- France
4- Germany
5- China
6- UK
7- Spain
8- Israel
9- Italy
10 Netherlands

There is not a single Muslim country in the top ten list, but I can clearly see Christians, Jews, Communists, and Atheists there. So let's bash Muslims for the crimes of others...

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I meant to say 2,700. Either way, the majority of Muslims will say 9/11 or ISIS was Mossad

Whichever way it was evil men that committed this atrocity. A truly religious and god fearing person would never harm another soul.